Why Are Police Shootings Dominating the News?

Police shootings are this years shark attacks. By July, the public stomach for consuming the stories will be well saturated and the media will move on. Part of that will be the well drying up....I would imagine that in PDs across the nation, the word is being passed down to not use deadly force unless you have to. If, for no other reason, the politics involved; most Chiefs of Police are appointed by elected officials and, knowing this, the mayors will be riding their top cops hard on this front. It will take months to shake it out to the street level.

The reality is that we have a lot of people who think they know where the line is thanks to the Internet and YouTube and will give peace officers who are just trying to do their job a hard time. Every so often a furtive movement will be read wrong and boom, Al Sharpton is in your town for his own idiotic purposes. Al could care less about the victim or their families.

yt_s-HxW_xzwMQ.jpg

I
Police officers should only ever use deadly force when they have no other choice. That should be a given. It may be that police departments 'across the nation' need to reinforce that fundamental guideline to their people.

I don't think police shootings are flavor of the month: they are obviously happening too often under circumstances that could and should have gone otherwise.

according to your buddies here this kind of stuff goes on all time. Why the recent all coverage ?

There's nothing to deflect. The general population is far more brutal than the police force. It's why we even have police in the first place. You want them to be nicer but would never be one. Why aren't you addressing the gangs that destroy peoples lives and property on a daily basis ?
The very fact you brought up the general population is a deflection. We are talking about the problem with dirty cops. We arent talking about the gangs because we dont pay them to obey the law. Do you understand where you got confused now?

Again---the ONLY reason we have cops is because fuckheads won't obey the laws. No fuckheads--no cops.
Cops need to be respected and feared. There's a reason for that. If they aren't respected they become targets.....if they aren't feared....it won't discourage meatheads from repeatedly breaking the law.
Sorry pussy. You give respect you get respect. I fear no one.

Police shootings are this years shark attacks. By July, the public stomach for consuming the stories will be well saturated and the media will move on. Part of that will be the well drying up....I would imagine that in PDs across the nation, the word is being passed down to not use deadly force unless you have to. If, for no other reason, the politics involved; most Chiefs of Police are appointed by elected officials and, knowing this, the mayors will be riding their top cops hard on this front. It will take months to shake it out to the street level.

The reality is that we have a lot of people who think they know where the line is thanks to the Internet and YouTube and will give peace officers who are just trying to do their job a hard time. Every so often a furtive movement will be read wrong and boom, Al Sharpton is in your town for his own idiotic purposes. Al could care less about the victim or their families.

yt_s-HxW_xzwMQ.jpg

I
Police officers should only ever use deadly force when they have no other choice. That should be a given. It may be that police departments 'across the nation' need to reinforce that fundamental guideline to their people.

I don't think police shootings are flavor of the month: they are obviously happening too often under circumstances that could and should have gone otherwise.

according to your buddies here this kind of stuff goes on all time. Why the recent all coverage ?
Videos.

There's nothing to deflect. The general population is far more brutal than the police force. It's why we even have police in the first place. You want them to be nicer but would never be one. Why aren't you addressing the gangs that destroy peoples lives and property on a daily basis ?
The very fact you brought up the general population is a deflection. We are talking about the problem with dirty cops. We arent talking about the gangs because we dont pay them to obey the law. Do you understand where you got confused now?

Again---the ONLY reason we have cops is because fuckheads won't obey the laws. No fuckheads--no cops.
Cops need to be respected and feared. There's a reason for that. If they aren't respected they become targets.....if they aren't feared....it won't discourage meatheads from repeatedly breaking the law.

That's exactly why criminals don't get any from the cops.

Thats exactly why cops get shot like the one in NY.

yt_s-HxW_xzwMQ.jpg

I

Videos.

care to elaborate?-----there are videos of everything in the world

At least we're clear that you are on the side of the criminals. Way to take a stand against the "man".

yt_s-HxW_xzwMQ.jpg

I

Videos.

Its been going on since before I was born.

Videos of cops doing dirt seem to attract more attention now that the younger generation is not as racist and inclined to turn a blind eye to it.

Why are police shootings dominating the news then ? Who made this decision ?
The people demanding the news. See some of my earlier posts.

LOL "the people" ? What people ? I sure as hell didnt' demand to hear about this shit.
You arent the people. You are just one unimportant, non influential person.

ahhhhhhh the important people demanded it----who are they ?

At least we're clear that you are on the side of the criminals. Way to take a stand against the "man".
Those type of emotional deflections dont really affect me. Lets try to stay on the subject.

yt_s-HxW_xzwMQ.jpg

I

Videos.

Videos of cops doing dirt seem to attract more attention now that the younger generation is not as racist and inclined to turn a blind eye to it.

So do kids doing stupid stunts and pulling pranks.

LOL "the people" ? What people ? I sure as hell didnt' demand to hear about this shit.

The people the media is supplying the coverage for. The people that want to know and the people that feel validated its being brought out into the open.

Videos.

So do kids doing stupid stunts and pulling pranks.
Start a thread about that. Has nothing to do with the OP.

Those type of emotional deflections dont really affect me. Lets try to stay on the subject.

why do you have a problem with perspective ? If you stand behind the criminals and see them as victims you should be proud.

The people the media is supplying the coverage for. The people that want to know and the people that feel validated its being brought out into the open.

and your proof of this guess is ------?

The only reason that we even have a police force is because a percentage of people won't behave. Probably the same percentage of police that won't behave. Address brutality in general if you want to be taken seriously.
Big difference. John Q. Public is held accountable for brutality, murder, rape, stealing, and other crimes, and 99% of the time, cops walk. Our courts generally give cops a free pass, where you and I would be serving time in the big house for doing what they do.

99% of the time ? Really ? Got a link for that please ?
Nope, no link. But, I do know, and get you a link, showing how many cops are in our prisons and jails. There have been several articles written on this subject over the years. It's been awhile since I've read one, but I'm sure that I can research it and get you a link if you really doubt that cops are rarely arrested, tried, convicted and sentenced for the same crimes that they arrest us for. Basically, it's common knowledge. Cops rarely go to prison for brutality, rape, stealing, murder, taking bribes from drug dealers and pimps, lying in court, planting evidence, and covering for other bad cops.

Blah blah blah---seriously. I think your point is to somehow tell us how much worse cops are than the general population. You are failing. Mighty easy to criticize someone else ain't it ?
Nope, you're very wrong. I have never ever said nor implied that cops were worse than the general public, and certainly they're not. Obviously, you've misunderstood everything that I've said.

Oh,....so you're using the same silly tactics on him you tried using on me!!

Not going all that well this time either I see.....:lame2:

Forum List

Back