Why Are Males Being Forced To Pay For Prenatal And Maternity Benefits In Obamacare?

You are going to pay for what you do.

I. Already. Have. Dumbass.

What I DON'T want to do is pay for what someone else does.

The left insists I do, out of some kindergarten sense of "fairness".

The right believes in personal responsibility. You progressives HATE that idea.

Insurance works on the collective as well as the individual, kid.

You are not going to privatize your cost and socialize your risk: doesn't work that way.
Since my wife is medically sterile, and I don't screw around, I don't HAVE any obstetric risk, you moron.

Actually no. Since I will be buying my health insurance from the exchange, I have actually researched it. The policy I am likely to choose is going to cost me almost exactly the same as my old policy; however, the deductible will double from $2500 to $5000. I never hit my $2500 deductible, so unless I become seriously ill it will have no effect on me. On the good side, all preventative care will be covered 100%, so I will save a few dollars on my well care visits and some testing. All things considered, my overall spending will be almost exactly the same as it is now.
Does your auto insurance policy cover "preventive care", such as oil changes, tire rotation and various filter replacement?
Does your homeowners insurance cover "preventive care" such as heating and AC tuneups, or roof replacement?
Does your life insurance cover "preventive care"?

The entire purpose of insurance was designed to protect one from a catastrophic event, not for maintenance. Somehow, people (and now government) have come to think medical insurance is supposed to be used for maintenance things like getting a physical or a tetanus shot, or for simple medical needs such as a few stitches for a minor cut or an office visit for the flu. Things like that are not catastrophic, just fucking pay for them, and let insurance kick in if something happens like a ruptured appendix or a heart attack or cancer.
Has common sense and reason-ability disappeared from our society?

This is the age of the helicopter government, always hovering around you, making sure you're not doing anything unsafe, and kissing your boo-boos if you get an ouchie.

And you'll STFU and LIKE it.

No it doesn't. I can't get pregnant, dumb ass, so it is inane for me to have maternity coverage for MYSELF. We're not talking about coverage for my wife or a guy's girlfriend. This has nothing to do with responsibility. It's a wealth redistribution scheme, making men pay more so women can pay less, disguised as "fairness."

Nope, it is a well thought out "daddy pays his fair share" if a woman who he has been oinking gets pregnant. This means she and the child get the care they should have right off the bat, and daddy gets in the picture from the beginning.

This part of the law is great!

Do you not what wealth redistribution means? Do you understand that an insurance pool socializes the risk?
So...because she has coverage for the pregnancy, that means he won't leave her?

You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?

Did you explain to Jake that his policy doesn't cover her pregnancy, just his?

It has everything to do with the OP, of course it does.

No it doesn't. I can't get pregnant, dumb ass, so it is inane for me to have maternity coverage for MYSELF. We're not talking about coverage for my wife or a guy's girlfriend. This has nothing to do with responsibility. It's a wealth redistribution scheme, making men pay more so women can pay less, disguised as "fairness."

Nope, it is a well thought out "daddy pays his fair share" if a woman who he has been oinking gets pregnant. This means she and the child get the care they should have right off the bat, and daddy gets in the picture from the beginning.

This part of the law is great!

Do you not what wealth redistribution means? Do you understand that an insurance pool socializes the risk?

In understand that I get to pay for coverage I don't need, never will, so that some gal I'm not boinking (but someone else is), who gets knocked up, can have "free" health care for herself and the byblow. Really, what's the problem offering less expensive plans that omit superfluous treatments? If it really were all about "daddy pays his fair share", then why not mandate that daddy buy a health insurance policy and force him to include the baby and baby-momma on his policy? I fail to see how it is in any way, shape, or form fair to extort funding from me to pay for other people's irresponsibility.

You may not be old enough to need a colonoscopy or a mammogram, if you are a woman, but I need a colonoscopy every five years. It is now covered 100%. In the past, it would have cost me over $1000.

The reason men are now being charged for things like prenatal care and other woman's care is that is the easiest way to make the cost for the policies the same for a man and woman. Now if you are asking why a man should pay for a woman's healthcare when she is pregnant, either you are being foolish or you need to go back to health class in high school. I'll tell you what; I'll help you out on this one. In the vast majority of pregnancies, a guy helped. The only way a man did not willingly take part is in the case of a woman being inseminated from a sperm bank or in the case of Mary, it was an immaculate conception.

If the man isn't responsible for the pregnancy, why, exactly should a man be responsible for said medical costs? And if said woman (or women) not be held financially responsible, having chosen artificial impregnation, not be responsible for associated costs of resultant pregnancy

The women have to get the same policy, but the man gets a free pap smear out of it.

Oh, there ya go! I'll schedule a mammogram at the same time.

Forum List

Back