Why Are Conservatives So Resentful Of Americans With Good Jobs?

if you cant comprehend the argument no one can help you. the argument is that employees pay all taxes and businesses do not. again, using employees as the passthrough for paying all taxes is highly illegal.

Again, you lack comprehension of even fundamental business concepts. As the cost of employment rises, wages decline. The employee thus DOES pay the employment tax - it comes out of their pay.

"Passthrough" is a term that only exists in your mind.

I can afford $800 a week for an assistant.

With zero taxes, I pay her $800 a week.

With 10% tax, I pay her $727 a week and accrue $73 to cover taxes. Add 10% more for SSI and I pay her $654 and accrue $146.

So who is paying the taxes? Sure, I write the check, but who is paying them?

This isn't that hard.

if you cant comprehend the argument no one can help you. the argument is that employees pay all taxes and businesses do not. again, using employees as the passthrough for paying all taxes is highly illegal.

Again, you lack comprehension of even fundamental business concepts. As the cost of employment rises, wages decline. The employee thus DOES pay the employment tax - it comes out of their pay.

With 10% tax, I pay her $727 a week and accrue $73 to cover taxes. Add 10% more for SSI and I pay her $654 and accrue $146.

This isn't that hard.
read the argument again. i know reading comprehension is difficult but i will try to say this one last time slowly and clearly.

when it comes to SSI and FICA the employer pays a percentage as stated in the IRS Tax code and the employee pays a percentage as stated in the IRS Tax code. there has been no claim the the employee does not pay taxes, rather gadawg claims that businesses do not pay taxes. no matter how he wants to spin this, businesses do pay taxes. these taxes are not passed through the employees to the government as he claims, as this is highly illegal. if what he is claiming is true, then you would see double deductions on employee paychecks stating that they are paying both the employee and employer portions. so tell me again how the employees are paying the employer portion of the business taxes owed?

This isn't that hard.
read the argument again. i know reading comprehension is difficult but i will try to say this one last time slowly and clearly.

when it comes to SSI and FICA the employer pays a percentage as stated in the IRS Tax code and the employee pays a percentage as stated in the IRS Tax code. there has been no claim the the employee does not pay taxes, rather gadawg claims that businesses do not pay taxes. no matter how he wants to spin this, businesses do pay taxes. these taxes are not passed through the employees to the government as he claims, as this is highly illegal. if what he is claiming is true, then you would see double deductions on employee paychecks stating that they are paying both the employee and employer portions. so tell me again how the employees are paying the employer portion of the business taxes owed?

Not spinning anything.
Posting facts. I COLLECT taxes and pass them on.
My customers are paying them in the set fees that they agree to when they hire me.
NO company does it any differently if they make a profit.
Taxes are expenses and those expenses are always passed on to the consumer.
Just go ahead and admit it. You know we are right. Why would we make that up?

Of course the liberal Democrat does not accept this as it goes against his ideology that corporations are evil and greedy fucks exploiting employees at every turn and the wonderful government comes to the rescue and forces those evil and nasty corporations to pay their "fair share" of their social security.
And the gullible and dumb masses eat it up.
NO wonder the job growth stats came out today with 72% of those jobs in the government sector.

You're not grasping the simple concept that wages are reduced to cover the tax amount - thus the employee DOES pay the tax through a lower wage.

You're not grasping the simple concept that wages are reduced to cover the tax amount - thus the employee DOES pay the tax through a lower wage.

He won't because his ideology forces him not to.

this was not the basic argument, apparently you both failed at debate and reasoning.

if your claiming that your business practice to punish your employees by reducing wages in order to pay the taxes which the company already owes, then im surprised anyone actually want to work for you.

this was not the basic argument, apparently you both failed at debate and reasoning.

if your claiming that your business practice to punish your employees by reducing wages in order to pay the taxes which the company already owes, then im surprised anyone actually want to work for you.

You can't be this dumb.

It's not a punishment, it's a fact. Per my earlier example, $800 is all I have - every dollar given to the government is a dollar less I can pay you. It's the government taking money out of your pocket. Why can't you grasp such a simple fact?

You know damn well what I have consistently stated here so quit the childish dodge ball game you play. You slant and spin like a monkey on fire.
No one punishes anyone. You do not own or run any business. You are a God Damn liar.
Go on to something that you may know something about. Econ 101 is not it.

You can't be this dumb.

It's not a punishment, it's a fact. Per my earlier example, $800 is all I have - every dollar given to the government is a dollar less I can pay you. It's the government taking money out of your pocket. Why can't you grasp such a simple fact?

I disagree with you.
He IS that dumb.

You can't be this dumb.

again, show me in the tax code where you can legally use your employee as the pass-through for paying business taxes? this it the claim on the table, that employees pay all taxes both the employee side as well as the employer side. if this were true, then there would be a 15% deduct off workers paychecks for the employee side as well as the employer side of the tax equation.

per your own example does your employee paycheck show $800 worth of wages and benefits? since you are not paying them that rate, your argument is a failure. if you are in fact paying 10% of that $800 goes to the government in the form of business taxes you are simply only paying your employee $720, not $800 as you claim.

you also make the false claim that if the tax liability you would owe to the government is decrease you would pass on that amount 100% to the employee. again, a false statement. if that were the case then tax cuts would increase worker pay as well as create jobs, but that has also already been proven to be a false statement.

your level of intellect is extremely low if you fail to understand your own argument.

You can't be this dumb.

again, show me in the tax code where you can legally use your employee as the pass-through for paying business taxes? this it the claim on the table, that employees pay all taxes both the employee side as well as the employer side. if this were true, then there would be a 15% deduct off workers paychecks for the employee side as well as the employer side of the tax equation.

per your own example does your employee paycheck show $800 worth of wages and benefits? since you are not paying them that rate, your argument is a failure. if you are in fact paying 10% of that $800 goes to the government in the form of business taxes you are simply only paying your employee $720, not $800 as you claim.

you also make the false claim that if the tax liability you would owe to the government is decrease you would pass on that amount 100% to the employee. again, a false statement. if that were the case then tax cuts would increase worker pay as well as create jobs, but that has also already been proven to be a false statement.

your level of intellect is extremely low if you fail to understand your own argument.

His books show the $800 in wages and benefits. The employee receives the wages and benefits, MINUS the taxes and cost of the benefits.
The COST OF THE EMPLOYEE is the total amount. If not for taxes and the cost of the benefits the employee would RECEIVE the total $800. They RECEIVE the social security benefit DOWN THE ROAD, my business DOES NOT, and they receive the health insurance benefits NOW.
Since they receive BOTH of those benefits THEY HAVE PAID FOR THEM.
Accounting 101 for dummies. Your attempts to fight this are making you look bad.

You can't be this dumb.

His books show the $800 in wages and benefits. The employee receives the wages and benefits, MINUS the taxes and cost of the benefits.
The COST OF THE EMPLOYEE is the total amount. If not for taxes and the cost of the benefits the employee would RECEIVE the total $800. They RECEIVE the social security benefit DOWN THE ROAD, my business DOES NOT, and they receive the health insurance benefits NOW.
Since they receive BOTH of those benefits THEY HAVE PAID FOR THEM.
Accounting 101 for dummies. Your attempts to fight this are making you look bad.
twist your argument anyway you want, but the simple fact is that the employee paycheck does not show $800 in wages and benefits. if you cant prove this simple point, then your argument fails.

at the end of the year an employees w-2 wont show $800 (per month for arguments sake) in wages and benefits, it will show the $720 in wages and benefits. hence the employee is not responsible for both the employee side of the equation as well as the employer side.

Payroll Taxes: Basic Information for All Employers

here are some payroll basics to help you out here.

Employer Payroll Taxes

Companies are responsible for paying their portion of payroll taxes. These payroll taxes are an added expense over and above the expense of an employee's gross pay. The employer-portion of payroll taxes include the following:
Social Security taxes (6.2% up to the annual maximum)
Medicare taxes (1.45% of wages)
Federal unemployment taxes (FUTA)
State unemployment taxes (SUTA)
Payroll Taxes: Basic Information for All Employers

An example of this is a conservative poster who goes by the name of carol.

get this she starts out with this bit of nasty myth: "union thug crap"

then she puts in the bullcrap: "I have nothing against the average person that is in a union job...everyone needs a job!"

and here is where the meat in her resentment exposes itself "Some (actually a lot) of people have their lives wrapped up so tight into their unions that they can't see beyond their nose. They think that companies are obligated to give them everything they want, not necessarily what they need.

Sounds just like the red meat Mitt Romney threw out to Super Wealthy fools who hate "average" people who need a job. Whether Super Wealthy or more average, conservatives despise the 'average' person who needs a job yet wants more.

Again, why?

This isn't that hard.

Payroll taxes are Definately passed thru. Every individual worker owes the govt 12.4% (or whatever it is today with the Obama theft of FICA). As witnessed by the fact that I get to pay BOTH HALVES as a self-employed person.. Think the IRS would cut me some slack?

Your employer also writes for the quarterly taxes that every worker owes. Think that doesn't come out of your salary either? No diff.

Now general taxes on the business are NOT the sole burden of the employee. They are shared between the employees, the CONSUMERS, and the business supply chain. There's a pass-thru all right. It's just not all paid by the workers.

then she puts in the bullcrap: "I have nothing against the average person that is in a union job...everyone needs a job!"

and here is where the meat in her resentment exposes itself "Some (actually a lot) of people have their lives wrapped up so tight into their unions that they can't see beyond their nose. They think that companies are obligated to give them everything they want, not necessarily what they need.

Sounds just like the red meat Mitt Romney threw out to Super Wealthy fools who hate "average" people who need a job. Whether Super Wealthy or more average, conservatives despise the 'average' person who needs a job yet wants more.

Why don't you cut the crap. Americanns don't want to hear the class warfare BS you people conntinue to spew. We all work hard, and our parents worked harder and didn't complain. I come from a poor family that lived in a cold water flat, no heat unless we furnished it , no bath, and we shared a toilet with other families on the same floor. So don't go regurgitating that old Marxian crap.
Yeah she's right about the union thug crap. I've seen it all my life. When I returned from the military and attempted to get a job in the local pharmacy, I was told in order to do so I had to go to Local 1199 to sign up then I'd get a job. BS. I kept my union card active and paid dues even though I no longer worked in the same field of pharmacy for years. After 18years I finally left the local Drugstore end and when I retired recently from my management position in a Fortune 500 corp, I applied for my pention rights from Local 1199 and was denied. Thankfully I've saved enough so thank it doesn't hurt. BTW I threatened to sue and was visited by a couple of burly guys who attempted to adjust my point of view. They didn't like the point I made with my shotgun especially since they were 600 ft into my property and passed two large NO Trespassing signs. Haven't from them again, yet I decided my life is more important than suing to get my pension.

Why don't you cut the crap. Americanns don't want to hear the class warfare BS you people conntinue to spew. We all work hard, and our parents worked harder and didn't complain. I come from a poor family that lived in a cold water flat, no heat unless we furnished it , no bath, and we shared a toilet with other families on the same floor. So don't go regurgitating that old Marxian crap.
Yeah she's right about the union thug crap. I've seen it all my life. When I returned from the military and attempted to get a job in the local pharmacy, I was told in order to do so I had to go to Local 1199 to sign up then I'd get a job. BS. I kept my union card active and paid dues even though I no longer worked in the same field of pharmacy for years. After 18years I finally left the local Drugstore end and when I retired recently from my management position in a Fortune 500 corp, I applied for my pention rights from Local 1199 and was denied. Thankfully I've saved enough so thank it doesn't hurt. BTW I threatened to sue and was visited by a couple of burly guys who attempted to adjust my point of view. They didn't like the point I made with my shotgun especially since they were 600 ft into my property and passed two large NO Trespassing signs. Haven't from them again, yet I decided my life is more important than suing to get my pension.
Oh please, you read too many old stories about union goons and other crap

Again, why?

Why?

:eusa_shifty:

Forum List

Back