CDZ Why All the Fuss Over Interracial Ads?

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2013
Breathing rarified air.
I was just reading about the uproar over the Old Navy ad featuring a supposedly interracial couple consisting of a white male, a Black female, and a Black child. I know the reasons for some Black people having a problem with the ad but i specifically want to understand why white people may have an issue with it? Can a white person that has an issue with the ad please explain why?

Discuss.

I was just reading about the uproar over the Old Navy ad featuring a supposedly interracial couple consisting of a white male, a Black female, and a Black child. I know the reasons for some Black people having a problem with the ad but i specifically want to understand why white people may have an issue with it? Can a white person that has an issue with the ad please explain why?

Discuss.
I haven't see the ad, but as a white female I wouldn't have any objection to it. But then, I've been called an N-lover most of my life.

Discuss.
I haven't see the ad, but as a white female I wouldn't have any objection to it. But then, I've been called an N-lover most of my life.

I'm sorry. I forgot to post it.

920x1240.jpg

Discuss.

"I know the reasons for some Black people having a problem with the ad but i specifically want to understand why white people may have an issue with it?"

Elaborate please, meaning why can you understand black people having a problem with it, but you seem bewildered that white people shouldn't have a problem with it?

Why is this?

It reminds some that the United states is changing in the demographic and attitudes and that scares them

Discuss.

"I know the reasons for some Black people having a problem with the ad but i specifically want to understand why white people may have an issue with it?"

Elaborate please, meaning why can you understand black people having a problem with it, but you seem bewildered that white people shouldn't have a problem with it?

Why is this?
I can understand because i have already had it explained to me by numerous Black people. I want to find out why whites have an issue with it since I am not white.

Discuss.

920x1240.jpg

You think this is normal?

Discuss.

Why is this?
We can get into all that after you answer the question i posed in the OP.

Is it because you think a black person isn't racist who has problems with it, but a white person is racist for having problems with it?

Discuss.

920x1240.jpg

I think its an ad. Can you answer the question?

Discuss.

I haven't seen that ad, but I wonder why you are juxtaposing Black and White reactions to it? Why would there be a difference?

P.S. If you know the reasons for some Black people having a problem with the ad, could you share that with us?

Last edited:

Discuss.

Why is this?
I can understand because i have already had it explained to me by numerous Black people. I want to find out why whites have an issue with it since I am not white.

Well I haven't had any black people explain to me why they have a problem with it, so could you as a black person tell me why?

Then I'll give my reasons.

Discuss.

920x1240.jpg

I think its an ad. Can you answer the question?

The answer to your question is yes, it's an ad.

Discuss.

I haven't seen that ad, but I wonder why you are juxtaposing Black and White reactions to it? Why would there be a difference?
I just posted the ad. i am asking because whites often have different reasons than Blacks on matter of race. Can you answer the question?

Discuss.

I think maybe the angle is that blacks aren't racist, but whites are racist :rolleyes-41:

Discuss.

Why is this?

Well I haven't had any black people explain to me why they have a problem with it, so could you as a black person tell me why?

I asked first. If you want to find out then answer my question or start your own thread.

Discuss.

I just posted the ad. i am asking because whites often have different reasons than Blacks on matter of race. Can you answer the question?

I think black people should only have relationships with black people, to preserve the black race.

I think white people should only have relationships with white people, to preserve the white race.

Now IF you think that makes me a "white supremacist" or some garbage like that....then you'd have to agree that the blacks are "black supremacists", we can't have a double standard regarding this issue.

Discuss.

Why is this?

I asked first. If you want to find out then answer my question or start your own thread.

You're being very strange about this, I ask because I think it's a loaded question from your OP.

Discuss.

I think black people should only have relationships with black people, to preserve the black race.

I think white people should only have relationships with white people, to preserve the white race.

Now IF you think that makes me a "white supremacist" or some garbage like that....then you'd have to agree that the blacks are "black supremacists", we can't have a double standard regarding this issue.
Thank you. Some Blacks feel the same way. What i want to know is what is the ad doing to threaten what you think people should do?

Discuss.

Why is this?

You're being very strange about this, I ask because I think it's a loaded question from your OP.
Loaded with what? i simply asked a question specifically to white people that have an issue with the ad.

Forum List

Back