Why ACORN Was in the News, and What the News Got Wrong

This is so incredibly ironic, it's just too funny for words. Read what these conservatives are saying.
They are complaining about voter registration fraud (that resulted in no votes) even though it was Acorn that turned those people in. The people that were willing to be accomplice to prostitution and worse were fired. But for the right, that's not enough, they smell blood. They want those poor people to suffer. Because it was illegal.

And then,

Health Care companies. I previously posted a link showing that 5 of the 100 highest paid executives in the US are from Cigna with the CEO making nearly 200 million in salary, bonus and stock options over 5 years. They eat off gold plated silverware and plates and fly 68 million dollars worth of corporate jets.

So these pathetic conservatives are fighting FOR the health care companies. BUT IT'S LEGAL!!!

They honestly don't know the difference between "legal" and "ethical".

They want to go after Acorn employees making 8 dollars and hour.

I put up links showing the insurance company scam, and that's what it is, a scam. These companies BRIBED congress to make this scam all legal, neat and tidy. Every one of those tens of millions of dollars means hundreds of thousands of people, just like the Republicans, don't get an operation or have their policy dropped.

But hey, they went after Acorn. 8 bucks an hour.

This is why Republicans have become this shameful disgrace. If they ever actually stood FOR America, instead of squatting on it, these insurance companies would have no one to hide behind.

Not gonna happen. They have bigger fish to fry. Acorn, where they make 8 bucks an hour and get their money from donation - as opposed to scam.

Like I said, I just can't understand the Republicans. Those people from Acorn have been fired. They don't work there anymore.

But look at the people from Cigna and the other health care companies. The ONLY reason what they do is legal is because they bought US congressmen. They just scam. People are dying because of what they are doing, yet Republicans want to go after those making 8 dollars an hour, but when it comes to this scam, they are all, "Ho hum, getting sleepy, not interested, yawn, eyes closing".

I really wish the Republican leadership would just say to people, "Sorry, big companies are more important, you will just have to die". Oh, that's right. Their solution is "charity".

They are a disgrace.
LMAO. ACORN is funded by the government.

Without even bothering to go look it up, Acorn received around 50 million dollars this year from the government, which is small potatoes. Their other money comes from, get this, the Republican party, the Catholic Church, donations, fundraisers and doing such services as bookkeeping, tax returns, voter registration and a host of other "community" type activities. Republicans say, "Screw the community, we want to help the CEO of Cigna keep his hundred million. Because the more rich people we make the more jobs THEY make". How's that working out for you? How many people does it take to pay for a hundred million dollar salary?

Republicans have their priorities all wrong. Remember when they were called the "Party of Ideas"? Where are their ideas now? Go after poor people making 8 bucks an hour? Good job Brownie.

I still cant seriously believe you people are defending this corruption. But then when corruption is in your heart, you cant help it can you?

I can't seriously believe Republicans waste their time going after people who were making 8 bucks an hour and have already been fired. The real corruption is the health care scam where people are dying. Of course, I don't really expect Republicans to care too much about that. Charity, right?
i cant believe anyone could be as totally stupid as you are

Believe me, you are one of the most stupid people I have ever read on this site. You don't add to any discussion. You are a lemming. You have no original thought. What are you? About 9? You are completely clueless.

I can't seriously believe Republicans waste their time going after people who were making 8 bucks an hour and have already been fired. The real corruption is the health care scam where people are dying. Of course, I don't really expect Republicans to care too much about that. Charity, right?
i cant believe anyone could be as totally stupid as you are

Believe me, you are one of the most stupid people I have ever read on this site. You don't add to any discussion. You are a lemming. You have no original thought. What are you? About 9? You are completely clueless.
LOL
just because i dont give YOU what you want to see, doesnt mean i dont give it to others
you are the fucking lemming
you are so far up Obama's ass it must be hard for him to sit

Like I said, I just can't understand the Republicans. Those people from Acorn have been fired. They don't work there anymore.

But look at the people from Cigna and the other health care companies. The ONLY reason what they do is legal is because they bought US congressmen. They just scam. People are dying because of what they are doing, yet Republicans want to go after those making 8 dollars an hour, but when it comes to this scam, they are all, "Ho hum, getting sleepy, not interested, yawn, eyes closing".

I really wish the Republican leadership would just say to people, "Sorry, big companies are more important, you will just have to die". Oh, that's right. Their solution is "charity".

They are a disgrace.

Without even bothering to go look it up, Acorn received around 50 million dollars this year from the government, which is small potatoes. Their other money comes from, get this, the Republican party, the Catholic Church, donations, fundraisers and doing such services as bookkeeping, tax returns, voter registration and a host of other "community" type activities. Republicans say, "Screw the community, we want to help the CEO of Cigna keep his hundred million. Because the more rich people we make the more jobs THEY make". How's that working out for you? How many people does it take to pay for a hundred million dollar salary?

Republicans have their priorities all wrong. Remember when they were called the "Party of Ideas"? Where are their ideas now? Go after poor people making 8 bucks an hour? Good job Brownie.
yeah, $50 mil is nothing
"this is not the corruption you were looking for"

They are a disgrace.

You're a true champion of corruption.

:thup:

It somehow misses these knee-jerk, mindless defenders of ACORN that an organization that is ROOTED on ORGANIZING can be this inept and disorganized.

And excusing criminal activity, corruption, money laundering, fraud, making strawman arguments like "mickey mouse never showed up to vote" (no one's ever claimed there were false votes BTW) while at the same time lamenting about Halliburton still!

The dishonesty and hypocrisy is palpable.

This is so incredibly ironic, it's just too funny for words. Read what these conservatives are saying.
They are complaining about voter registration fraud (that resulted in no votes) even though it was Acorn that turned those people in. The people that were willing to be accomplice to prostitution and worse were fired. But for the right, that's not enough, they smell blood. They want those poor people to suffer. Because it was illegal.

And then,

Health Care companies. I previously posted a link showing that 5 of the 100 highest paid executives in the US are from Cigna with the CEO making nearly 200 million in salary, bonus and stock options over 5 years. They eat off gold plated silverware and plates and fly 68 million dollars worth of corporate jets.

So these pathetic conservatives are fighting FOR the health care companies. BUT IT'S LEGAL!!!

They honestly don't know the difference between "legal" and "ethical".

They want to go after Acorn employees making 8 dollars and hour.

I put up links showing the insurance company scam, and that's what it is, a scam. These companies BRIBED congress to make this scam all legal, neat and tidy. Every one of those tens of millions of dollars means hundreds of thousands of people, just like the Republicans, don't get an operation or have their policy dropped.

But hey, they went after Acorn. 8 bucks an hour.

This is why Republicans have become this shameful disgrace. If they ever actually stood FOR America, instead of squatting on it, these insurance companies would have no one to hide behind.

Not gonna happen. They have bigger fish to fry. Acorn, where they make 8 bucks an hour and get their money from donation - as opposed to scam.

You are speaking of something you obviously know nothing about, why blindly defend ACORN, tell us which specific case of voter fraud out of the hundreds did ACORN turn somebody in, ACORN gets caught by someone else, than lets a volunteer go and that is called turning someone in, only in the Democrat/liberal party.

So tell us which case out of the hundreds being investigated and prosecuted you are speaking of because your making an assumption and posting your assuption as if ACORN has caught and turned in all the criminals within ACORN and that is just out and out false.

Go do some research before telling me I don't know who I'm talking about. Acorn turned in the false registrations. Not "Somebody else".

Where is your research, Liar

It somehow misses these knee-jerk, mindless defenders of ACORN that an organization that is ROOTED on ORGANIZING can be this inept and disorganized.

And excusing criminal activity, corruption, money laundering, fraud, making strawman arguments like "mickey mouse never showed up to vote" (no one's ever claimed there were false votes BTW) while at the same time lamenting about Halliburton still!

As palpable as a wrecking ball.

yeah, the community organizers are that disorganized

who wouldnt believe that

:eusa_whistle:

who wouldnt believe that

Of course, I don't think they are disorganized. They know exactly what they're doing and we've only seen a tiny bit of it.

Which is why we need an investigation into the whole can of corn.

Corruption is corruption wherever it's found. Health care scam? I'm alive because our health care system. Sure we could use a few improvements, mostly from less government. But if you think taking care of sick people is corruption, then you are seriously screwed up.

who wouldnt believe that

Of course, I don't think they are disorganized. They know exactly what they're doing and we've only seen a tiny bit of it.

Which is why we need an investigation into the whole can of corn.

These are the same people Obama is using to staff Obama's White House with.

You're really, really, really, REALLY bad at deflection and changing the subject, Scooter.

Try another approach.

They are a disgrace.

50 million is small potatos? Now I know for a fact you're a fucking idiot!!!

These people making 8 dollars an hour were breaking the law. Does that not matter to you? I suppose if someone made less than 8 bucks an hour then it would be ok if they murdered somebody. After all they make less than 8 dollars an hour. :cuckoo: A hundred million? aww that's not much more than small potatos. :cuckoo:

I hope the hell you stay in your parents basement, your type of stupidity isn't needed in the real world.

Last edited:

These people making 8 dollars an hour were breaking the law. Does that not matter to you? I suppose if someone made less than 8 bucks an hour then it would be ok if they murdered somebody. After all they make less than 8 dollars an hour. :cuckoo: A hundred million? aww that's not much more than small potatos. :cuckoo:

I hope the hell you stay in your parents basement, your type of stupidity isn't needed in the real world.

Maybe he is comparing the 50 million to the 1.3 billion they are going to receive right before the 2010 election that Obama and the democrats wrote into the stimulus bill.

Maybe he is comparing the 50 million to the 1.3 billion they are going to receive right before the 2010 election that Obama and the democrats wrote into the stimulus bill.

Pea brain alert... MORE GOP BULLSHIT

factcheckfail.jpg

The Stimulus Bill and ACORN

February 6, 2009

Q: Does the stimulus bill include a $5.2 billion payoff for ACORN?

A: The bill does include funds for which ACORN would be eligible to compete - against hundreds of other groups. But most is for a housing rehabilitation program ACORN says it never applied for in the past and won’t in the future.

The Stimulus Bill and ACORN | FactCheck.org

Republicans and far-Rightwing nutjobs really crack me up.

They are always on the wrong side of every issue.

Blackwater is a proven corrupt company, getting BILLIONS not millions of FED money for killing Americans and others the world over, but not a peep from ght GOPers, Beckers and the rest of the ClusterFOX.

ACORN is a company that gets poor people to vote, gets poor people jobs and resources to make a step up in life, but they want to bring the hammer of the law and throw the book at that entire organiztions based on a couple of bad eggs within the organization (not talking about the recent vids).

And these are the people with the alleged handle on morality.

Yeah....right.

:rolleyes:

Yes ACORN gets poor felons a job.

They also get poor people homes, people who refuse to work, ACORN does force the banks give loans to poor people, many who defaulted and we now the rest, the financial meltdown, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac going bankrupt.

Obama helped train ACORN employees. They learned real well from Obama.

Yah...according to Einstein up there, we have ACORN and the poor and disenfranchised minorities of America to thank for the ENTIRE financial meltdown that we experienced over the previous 8 years.

What a genius.

:rolleyes:

Sure ACORN is a criminal enterprise, but they're a criminal enterprise that helps Democrats so they're cool

Forum List

Back