Who's polled as best chance to bump president Obama?

BOBO

The Magnificent!
Jun 24, 2011
Spokane area
NBC/Marist Poll: Ron Paul Best Chance to Beat Obama - informationliberation

The RCP poll(s) which is pretty accurate with it's averaging system, has the following data...

Obama OVER Romney at a +1.5 spread

Obama OVER Gingrich at a +6.9 spread

Obama OVER Paul at a +7.7 spread

So far all the Major Managed News Media(MMNM) hype has Gingrich as the frontrunner in the primary. But, the NBC/Marist poll shows Ron Paul polling as the #1 contender to take out Obama. The RCP poll...

RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates

...shows president Obama as holding the office as POTUS... but barely(too close to call) in a heated contest with Mitt Romney. Both Gingrich(the front runner in the primary so far) & Paul in 3rd place are well down & out of the margin of error for taking out president Obama.
Unless the polls are completely rigged the info presented above does not compute??? I mean it's contradicting itself. Do U agree???

The RCP poll(s) which is pretty accurate with it's averaging system, has the following data...

So far all the Major Managed News Media(MMNM) hype has Gingrich as the frontrunner in the primary. But, the NBC/Marist poll shows Ron Paul polling as the #1 contender to take out Obama. The RCP poll...

...shows president Obama as holding the office as POTUS... but barely(too close to call) in a heated contest with Mitt Romney. Both Gingrich(the front runner in the primary so far) & Paul in 3rd place are well down & out of the margin of error for taking out president Obama.
Unless the polls are completely rigged the info presented above does not compute??? I mean it's contradicting itself. Do U agree???

Say what you want about Obama, but Ron Paul is nuts. I think he has a realistic take on foreign policy, but everything else that man says is crazy. He wants to get rid of the EPA and the Department of Education. He expects students to pay their way through college out of pocket, which, of course, is impossible. That alone makes him nuts.

Say what you want about Obama, but Ron Paul is nuts. I think he has a realistic take on foreign policy, but everything else that man says is crazy. He wants to get rid of the EPA and the Department of Education. He expects students to pay their way through college out of pocket, which, of course, is impossible. That alone makes him nuts.

The reason tuition is so high is the federal subsidy. It's like the housing bubble. Eventually it implodes. Get a clue. But Ron Paul's foreign policy is rainbows and unicorns.
You have it completely backwards.

:lol:

Wow. Why am I not surprised that you even manage to get Paul's flaws the wrong way around. His stance on foreign affairs is bordering on dangerously stupid.

The reason tuition is so high is the federal subsidy. It's like the housing bubble. Eventually it implodes. Get a clue. But Ron Paul's foreign policy is rainbows and unicorns.

I am not against revamping the department, but to get rid of it entirely is just crazy. As far as America's interest goes, maybe his isolationist mentality is un-American, but it is realistic. More realistic than any of the other candidates.

Last edited:

:lol:

Wow. Why am I not surprised that you even manage to get Paul's flaws the wrong way around. His stance on foreign affairs is bordering on dangerously stupid.

LOL ... I love watching status quo Ds and Rs fretting over Ron Paul. He's opposed to both the welfare state and the warfare state.

When people from opposite sides agree that someone else is crazy, generally that person really is crazy.

When people from opposite sides agree that someone else is crazy, generally that person really is crazy.

... it just gets better and better.

Sorry to break it to you: Ron Paul will never get nominated. And Ron Paul is crazy.

coming from you ....

Anyway. He exposes the hypocrisy and power-mongering of both major parties. I expect him to get called much worse than 'crazy' over the next year or so.

... it just gets better and better.

Sorry to break it to you: Ron Paul will never get nominated. And Ron Paul is crazy.

coming from you ....

Anyway. He exposes the hypocrisy and power-mongering of both major parties. I expect him to get called much worse than 'crazy' over the next year or so.

Wait, if he's running for office then that ISN"T power mongering? Isn't that hypocrisy as well?
Crazy is bad enough.

coming from you ....

Wait, if he's running for office then that ISN"T power mongering? Isn't that hypocrisy as well?
Crazy is bad enough.

Nope. Unlike most politicians, Ron Paul has a consistent record of working to eliminate unnecessary government. Unlike them, he's not after power.

If he's not after power why is he running for president?
The Paul-drones are even more amusing than the Obama-drones.

coming from you ....

Crazy is bad enough.

Nope. Unlike most politicians, Ron Paul has a consistent record of working to eliminate unnecessary government. Unlike them, he's not after power.

Speaking of eliminating unnecessaery government, when's Ron Paul dropping out of the campaign? He stands about as much chance of getting the nomination as a snowball surviving in hell.

Do you people think that schools would be able to charge so much if these student loans weren't available? If no one can afford their prices then they will have to lower them. Leave it to the schools to figure out how. Maybe they could stop paying football coaches millions of dollars for one. If they don't figure it out then they won't survive. Besides private loans will still be possible they just will have competitive interest rates and your credit will be a factor. Ron Paul has also said that the loans would not go away immediately but that there would be a weaning off period.

There is a core of people on this site that just plain hate Ron Paul and will never be swayed. Some people make decisions and then cannot change their minds no matter what evidence is presented to them. These people appear in every thread about Ron Paul and say he will not win the nod. We have a long way to go before thats settled and I agree that the chances are slim. I just wish people would stop misconstruing his positions and putting words in his mouth. Its one thing to disagree with what someone says. It's another to disagree with what someone says that he said. Go read his words and listen to his interviews and speeches and find out what he believes in. Most of the people on this site that disagree with him are misinformed or deliberately duplicitous.

Speaking of eliminating unnecessaery government, when's Ron Paul dropping out of the campaign? He stands about as much chance of getting the nomination as a snowball surviving in hell.

Good question. I figure he's planning to bail and run third party at some point. My guess is he'll ride the Republican thing out until he plateaus and then make the move. But his numbers keep going up, so no telling when that will be.

Last edited:

Good question. I figure he's planning to bail and run third party at some point. My guess is he'll ride the Republican thing out until he plateaus and then make the move. But his numbers keep going up, so no telling when that will be.

I saw an interview with him in the last week or so and he was still pretty adamant about not running third party. I know he can't come out and say it if he plans to but I tend to believe him. I think the only way he will run as third party is if he honestly believes he can win as third party and we all know that is a slim chance. He is smart enough to know that if he runs as a third party he is handing it to Obama. He was asked if he would support Newt and he didn't rule it out but said that it would take some conversations to come to an understanding on positions.

I saw an interview with him in the last week or so and he was still pretty adamant about not running third party. I know he can't come out and say it if he plans to but I tend to believe him. I think the only way he will run as third party is if he honestly believes he can win as third party and we all know that is a slim chance. He is smart enough to know that if he runs as a third party he is handing it to Obama. He was asked if he would support Newt and he didn't rule it out but said that it would take some conversations to come to an understanding on positions.

Yesterday on Meet the Press he hedged, which isn't like him: "I'm not going to rule anything out or anything in... "

Maybe I'm just engaging in wishful thinking. But I'm thinking that if the Republicans nominate Gingrich or Romney, and the Libertarians don't have a strong candidate, he'll consider it.

...any more than possible. Ron Paul is just sticking to Constitutional law/values. If U prefer big government then support it, but don't expect others to pay for big government or to follow unconstitutional law(s) they do not approve of. America is not about society, it's about INDIVIDUALISM. I don't vote for laws that are non constitutional & place burdens such as taxes(extortion) on others as extortion is rape. I would certainly hope that you would have the same respect for others that I do, by not forcing(rape) yourself upon others.

...policy NOT an isolationist policy. Ron believes in peaceful trade with ALL nations & a policy of good will.

I am not against revamping the department, but to get rid of it entirely is just crazy. As far as America's interest goes, maybe his isolationist mentality is un-American, but it is realistic. More realistic than any of the other candidates.

Forum List

Back