WHOA!!!! Wait a minute!

They've had these gay characters in movies since the 90s.

I was the only one that said it was a problem back then. Everyone laughed at me.

It's still funny.
Hell, Bulldog, just go ahead and show your kids fisting movies then. Mine, however, do not need to see weird shit until they are old enough to psychologically and emotionally process it.
Movies used to distress me all the time. If I was a child and saw a gay scene I'd freak.

There've been threads on Disney's animated series showing gay couples kissing for days.

Bill Condon, who directed the film, and is openly gay, told the British magazine Attitude that the manservant LeFou, played by Josh Gad, has “a nice, exclusively gay moment” in the movie, which has its premiere here on Thursday and arrives in theaters in the United States on March 17.

Mr. Condon continued: “LeFou is somebody who on one day wants to be Gaston and on another day wants to kiss Gaston. He’s confused about what he wants. It’s somebody who’s just realizing that he has these feelings.”

There apparently aren't any "clips," just this comment. I thought in the cartoon version, the tall skinny silverware guy seemed kinda "gay," was that LeFou?
I believe and respect what you say. However, who freaking cares? This is not integral to the story. It is an ideologically infused message.
Well, EXCUSE me! I just went looking to see if I could find the subject "moment" so we could all see what was being objected to. Apparently, a lot of nothing. Why am I so not surprised?

They've had these gay characters in movies since the 90s.

I was the only one that said it was a problem back then. Everyone laughed at me.

It's still funny.
Hell, Bulldog, just go ahead and show your kids fisting movies then. Mine, however, do not need to see weird shit until they are old enough to psychologically and emotionally process it.
Movies used to distress me all the time. If I was a child and saw a gay scene I'd freak.
I used to get so distressed I wasn't allowed to see most of the classics because they would have made me hysterical. But a gay reference would have gone right over my head, as it will most every young kid. Haven't you ever watched a movie or something else that you saw as a child, and found all kinds of funny adult humor in it that you didn't notice as a kid? That's how it works.

I hate this statement, but some of you need to check your privilege. imagine we lived in a world where homosexuality was the norm and heterosexuality was the minority. You would want your kind of love to be normalized. You wouldn't want it to be hidden away like it is some kind of dirty or shameful thing to be straight.

Children are going to be exposed to it no matter what nowadays. Homosexual feelings start from a young age just like heterosexual attraction starts. These children need to know its ok and that its something not to be ashamed of.

By movies and television normalizing it instead of keeping it hidden, it gives people confidence to be themselves.

I hate this statement, but some of you need to check your privilege. imagine we lived in a world where homosexuality was the norm and heterosexuality was the minority. You would want your kind of love to be normalized. You wouldn't want it to be hidden away like it is some kind of dirty or shameful thing to be straight.

Children are going to be exposed to it no matter what nowadays. Homosexual feelings start from a young age just like heterosexual attraction starts. These children need to know its ok and that its something not to be ashamed of.

By movies and television normalizing it instead of keeping it hidden, it gives people confidence to be themselves.

Your analogy does not work. "My kind of love" does not involve putting a fist and small animals up my ass as I jerk off to photos of boys.

Thus, normalizing the abnormal is the wrong thing to do. You may as well analogize a beef cow's feelings to us living in a culture where human cannibalism is the mainstream, you fucking idiot!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

There've been threads on Disney's animated series showing gay couples kissing for days.

Bill Condon, who directed the film, and is openly gay, told the British magazine Attitude that the manservant LeFou, played by Josh Gad, has “a nice, exclusively gay moment” in the movie, which has its premiere here on Thursday and arrives in theaters in the United States on March 17.

Mr. Condon continued: “LeFou is somebody who on one day wants to be Gaston and on another day wants to kiss Gaston. He’s confused about what he wants. It’s somebody who’s just realizing that he has these feelings.”

There apparently aren't any "clips," just this comment. I thought in the cartoon version, the tall skinny silverware guy seemed kinda "gay," was that LeFou?
I believe and respect what you say. However, who freaking cares? This is not integral to the story. It is an ideologically infused message.
Well, EXCUSE me! I just went looking to see if I could find the subject "moment" so we could all see what was being objected to. Apparently, a lot of nothing. Why am I so not surprised?

What were you expecting to see? Dildos?

This is more subtle and, therefore, insidious.

Btw, don't ever tell me to "check my privilege" if you want me to take you seriously.

Your analogy does not work. "My kind of love" does not involve putting a fist and small animals up my ass as I jerk off to photos of boys.

Thus, normalizing the abnormal is the wrong thing to do. You may as well analogize a beef cow's feelings to us living in a culture where human cannibalism is the mainstream, you fucking idiot!

So are you equating homosexuality to bestiality and pedophilla?

Btw, don't ever tell me to "check my privilege" if you want me to take you seriously.

The fact that you lack empathy for people who are different than you shows you are way too privileged and incapable of having empathy for people who are discriminated against.

I hate this statement, but some of you need to check your privilege. imagine we lived in a world where homosexuality was the norm and heterosexuality was the minority. You would want your kind of love to be normalized.
Would be hard to imagine with the whole birds and bees thing going on. That's how mammals reproduce, shocking, I know.

Homosexuality will never been seen as equal. It isn't and it's a lie to pretend so. I wouldn't want to make someone uncomfortable, what floats their boat is their biness.

But kids need a solid base to start life out with, Brainwashing them that gender is irrelevant is child abuse.

In the sense that they're all three sexual anomalies that are contrary to sexuality's purpose of procreation, yes, they are comparable.

Did I say that?

The fact that you lack empathy for people who are different than you shows you are way too privileged and incapable of having empathy for people who are discriminated against.
Your saying that I have lack of empathy for those unlike me is merely a feeble attempt to shame me into giving up my values.

Grow up!

Forum List

Back