Whoa. Really?

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
Are mind-reading machines here already? I figured on being dead before it got this far. This could spell trouble for husbands everywhere...

Neural portraits of perception: Reconstructing face images from evoked brain activity

We know what you?re thinking: Scientists find a way to read minds | Fox News

"Scientists have used brain scanners to detect and reconstruct the faces that people are thinking of, according to a a study accepted for publication this month in the journal NeuroImage.

In the study, scientists hooked participants up to an fMRI brain scanner – which determines activity in different parts of the brain by measuring blood flow – and showed them images of faces. Then, using only the brain scans, the scientists were able to create images of the faces the people were looking at."

Think of all the applications...

Are mind-reading machines here already? I figured on being dead before it got this far. This could spell trouble for husbands everywhere...

Neural portraits of perception: Reconstructing face images from evoked brain activity

"Scientists have used brain scanners to detect and reconstruct the faces that people are thinking of, according to a a study accepted for publication this month in the journal NeuroImage.

In the study, scientists hooked participants up to an fMRI brain scanner – which determines activity in different parts of the brain by measuring blood flow – and showed them images of faces. Then, using only the brain scans, the scientists were able to create images of the faces the people were looking at."

Wouldn't worry about it until they're miniturized and cheap enough to be used in law enforcement. By which time Yellowstone will have erupted and we'll all have bigger concerns. :)

When I was young I read a book set in the future where they could read minds. I am thinking it won't be long, if not now, that they will be able to read brain waves. What one needs to do is practice thinking of anything but what those running the machine want to know. Wouldn't be easy over a long period of time. May even be futile to even try.

The other thing I remember from the book is where they could implant thoughts in your head. So the could feed you a bland substance but plant in your brain it was steak.

Wouldn't worry about it until they're miniturized and cheap enough to be used in law enforcement. By which time Yellowstone will have erupted and we'll all have bigger concerns. :)

Remember when the cell phone was huge and you needed a bag just to carry the thing? Didn't take long until they made Dick Tracy's two way wrist radio.

We know what you’re thinking: Scientists find a way to read minds
The first thing that came to mind is insider trade info for stocks. In most cases, getting tipped off by an insider friend when a stock is about to spike up is illegal. Now, if you have a friend who's an insider, all you need to do is read your friends mind. Just think of the possibilities $$$ ...

Forum List

Back