who won the 2 billion powerball lottery?

notmyfault2020

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2022

I'm still searching through this for that information. But its interesting what I've learned so far

the guy owning the store where the person bought the ticket gets $1 million.. Why does he get so much? I think the money should be more evenly distributed to the ones who BUY the tickets.. Unfortunately, no one ever consults me about anything..

Also, there is a map here that shows which states have or don't have a state tax on lottery money.

didn't know.. that all states do not tax..

(guess the winner hasn't come forward yet)

I'm still searching through this for that information. But its interesting what I've learned so far

the guy owning the store where the person bought the ticket gets $1 million.. Why does he get so much? I think the money should be more evenly distributed to the ones who BUY the tickets.. Unfortunately, no one ever consults me about anything..

Also, there is a map here that shows which states have or don't have a state tax on lottery money.

didn't know.. that all states do not tax..

(guess the winner hasn't come forward yet)
Hunter Biden....

Store owners make Jack off the lottery unless they sell a winner.
The owner said the person who won is from nearby. He knows who it is and is keeping it confidential.
Store owner is happy. A million is quite a good amount.

In NY State, the lottery sellers (stores, gas stations, bodegas) get 6% of the gross sales.

In some other states, if they sell a big winner, they can get an additional sum. Like the seller of the winner in California got $1,000,00.00.

But I can’t talk right now. I have to figure out a way to invest most of my winnings.

• Banned
In NY State, the lottery sellers (stores, gas stations, bodegas) get 6% of the gross sales.

In some other states, if they sell a big winner, they can get an additional sum. Like the seller of the winner in California got $1,000,00.00.

But I can’t talk right now. I have to figure out a way to invest most of my winnings.
you didn't win. Are u from CA?

poor thing

Nah. I didn’t win. And I hadn’t visited CA.

But it’s ok. Who needs another billion dollars anyway?
a lot of people

but that's something that has irritated me for a LONG time.. why the lottery isn't set up to make more winners, not just make some rare individual filthy rich?

where are the people crying Wealth redistribution when you need them?

a lot of people

but that's something that has irritated me for a LONG time.. why the lottery isn't set up to make more winners, not just make some rare individual filthy rich?

where are the people crying Wealth redistribution when you need them?
If the government gave a shit about the welfare of the people in that way, they wouldn’t allow themselves to be part of any scheme involving gambling.

If the government gave a shit about the welfare of the people in that way, they wouldn’t allow themselves to be part of any scheme involving gambling.
I am not against gambling per se.. just wasting tons of money on such when you have a family to care for, etc.. The thing is that some people are not going to gamble wisely.

But I don't believe in states telling people to do or not do something like lottery. That should be their choice, not the gummit's. Maybe the lottery could have some kind of rule which would have to be enforced by the sellers of tickets: no more than $50 (or whatever) spent on tickets in one day.. But even that seems at best unfeasible

I am not against gambling per se.. just wasting tons of money on such when you have a family to care for, etc.. The thing is that some people are not going to gamble wisely.

But I don't believe in states telling people to do or not do something. That should be their choice, not the gummit's. Maybe the lottery could have some kind of rule which would have to be enforced by the sellers of tickets: no more than $50 (or whatever) spent on tickets in one day.. But even that seems at best unfeasible
Gambling is not a per se evil nor even necessarily immoral. It’s just that, mathematically, it’s mostly true that it makes much better sense not to play.

I have friends who live in Altadena....it wasn't them...:confused:
How good of friends are they? LOL.
The big winner is getting his/her things together. So far they are doing it right by keeping quiet.
It must be overwhelming, especially after the winner announcing.

Gambling is not a per se evil nor even necessarily immoral. It’s just that, mathematically, it’s mostly true that it makes much better sense not to play.
well, that depends.

)I know people who don't have a lot of money.. and that is the only "investment" they feel they can handle.. If you don't over- spend (go beyond your budget).. well, I don't know.. If you play long enough, you will win, even if it is small sums.. but "long enough" can be YEARS (that's the problem)

Forum List

Back