Who wins the NBA championship this year?

Well, it appears my Christmas wish won't be coming true.

I was hoping for a decade without the NBA. :(

Immie

Why would you say that?

Well, I find the NBA to be extremely boring.

Don't they play more playoff games than regular season games even in non-strike years? Don't 80% of the teams make the playoffs every year? Why bother playing regular season games?

And last but not least, I grew up in the SF Bay Area. When I was a kid, I used to like the Warriors. Have they made the playoffs in the last 40 years? How the hell can one team not make the playoffs for so many years when 80% of the teams go to the playoffs?

By the way, NBA games are great cures for insomnia. The only part of the game that even comes close to being exciting is the last 25 seconds of the game and then only if the teams are separated by less than 5 points.

Immie

Don't they play more playoff games than regular season games even in non-strike years?

Nope.

Don't 80% of the teams make the playoffs every year?

Um, no.

Why bother playing regular season games?

To find out which teams get what seed in the playoffs?

And last but not least, I grew up in the SF Bay Area. When I was a kid, I used to like the Warriors. Have they made the playoffs in the last 40 years?

LoL! Of COURSE Golden State has made the playoffs in the last 40 years! 2007 being their most memorable Playoff appearance, when they knocked off a 62 (or was it 64) win Dallas Maverick team, causing the biggest upset in NBA Playoff history!

How the hell can one team not make the playoffs for so many years when 80% of the teams go to the playoffs?

See above.

By the way, NBA games are great cures for insomnia. The only part of the game that even comes close to being exciting is the last 25 seconds of the game and then only if the teams are separated by less than 5 points.

Whatever. Maybe you shouldn't be participating in threads about subjects you OBVIOUSLY don't know a god damned thing about.

Last edited:
Well, it appears my Christmas wish won't be coming true.

I was hoping for a decade without the NBA. :(

Immie

Why would you say that?

Don't they play more playoff games than regular season games even in non-strike years? Don't 80% of the teams make the playoffs every year? Why bother playing regular season games?

And last but not least, I grew up in the SF Bay Area. When I was a kid, I used to like the Warriors. Have they made the playoffs in the last 40 years? How the hell can one team not make the playoffs for so many years when 80% of the teams go to the playoffs?

Immie

Who told you 80% of the teams make it to the playoffs? the top 8 teams from the eastern and western conference make the playoffs, that is not 80% of the league. The Warriors did make the playoffs in 2007 as the 8th seed and knocked off the top seed in the league, the Dallas Mavericks, and the Warriors are looking good with Monte Ellis and Stephen Curry.

Why would you say that?

Immie

Who told you 80% of the teams make it to the playoffs? the top 8 teams from the eastern and western conference make the playoffs, that is not 80% of the league. The Warriors did make the playoffs in 2007 as the 8th seed and knocked off the top seed in the league, the Dallas Mavericks, and the Warriors are looking good with Monte Ellis and Stephen Curry.

Sixteen out of thirty. Better than half and still they play so many games that would put a man on Methamphetamines to sleep in about 30 seconds.

I knew the Warriors had made the playoffs once recently. I did not know they had knocked off the top seed. Once in nearly 40 yeas is nothing to be proud of.

Professional Tennis is more exciting than the NBA. Hell, Olympic Curling is more exciting than the NBA.

And for Jaws, I only replied to a question asked of me. I made the simple comment that I had hoped we would have a decade free from the NBA and you asked me why. Because I respect you, HG, I answered your question. I still hope the agreement falls through and we can be NBA free for a decade or more. :lol:

Immie

I knew the Warriors had made the playoffs once recently. I did not know they had knocked off the top seed. Once in nearly 40 yeas is nothing to be proud of.

Get a fucking clue:

Playoff Appearances: (16)
1964, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1987, 1989, 1991, 1992, 1994, 2007

They also won an NBA CHAMPIONSHIP in 1975. You've stated you're clearly not an NBA fan, so why keep posting in here? You really need to just get the fuck outta this thread, because you look like a fuckin' asshole saying the bullshit you're saying, quite obviously not informed about what you're commenting on.

Last edited:

Get a fucking clue:

Playoff Appearences: (16)
1964, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1987, 1989, 1991, 1992, 1994, 2007

They also won an NBA CHAMPIONSHIP in 1975. You've stated you're clearly not an NBA fan, so why keep posting in here? You really need to just get the fuck outta this thread, because look like a fuckin' asshole saying the bullshit you're saying.

The only assholes in this thread are the newbies that think they have the right to tell others who may or may not post in a thread.

That means you asshole.

Immie

Last edited:
The only assholes in this thread are the newbies that think they have the right to tell others who may or may not post in a thread.

That means you asshole.

Immie

That's cool, I'll readily admit to being an asshole. And I honestly couldn't give any less of a shit about who's been here longer etc. But at least I know what the fuck I'm talking about, when it comes to the NBA and posting about topics I have SOME fucking knowledge about.

If you don't like the NBA, then stop posting in an NBA topic talking nonsensical horse-shit on something you CLEARLY have no fucking clue about, moron.

Last edited:

That means you asshole.

Immie

That's cool, I'll readily admit to being an asshole. But at least I know what the fuck I'm talking about, when it comes to the NBA, and posting about topics I have SOME fucking knowledge about.

If you don't like the NBA, then stop posting in an NBA topic, talking nonsensical horse-shit about something you CLEARLY have no fucking clue about, moron.

I can't help the fact that you are so insecure that you cannot accept the fact that someone else has an opinion about the NBA that you don't agree with.

Since you flip out on this, perhaps you are not man enough to post on a political chat board.

I can post whereever I like and the fact that I enjoy BS'ing with HG about different subjects should not bother you one bit. If you don't want to participate in the discussion I have with a friend then move along fool.

Immie

That means you asshole.

Immie

That's cool, I'll readily admit to being an asshole. And I honestly couldn't give any less of a shit about who's been here longer etc. But at least I know what the fuck I'm talking about, when it comes to the NBA and posting about topics I have SOME fucking knowledge about.

If you don't like the NBA, then stop posting in an NBA topic talking nonsensical horse-shit on something you CLEARLY have no fucking clue about, moron.

I gave HG my opinion of the NBA expecting a little ribbing back and forth between the two of us. I sure as hell did not expect some newbie to get butthurt because I don't enjoy the NBA. My god kid grow some frigging stones.

Immie

I gave HG my opinion of the NBA expecting a little ribbing back and forth between the two of us. I sure as hell did not expect some newbie to get butthurt because I don't enjoy the NBA. My god kid grow some frigging stones.

Immie

Hardly. You're the one calling me the "kid" when I've put you in your place a few times now, regarding you spouting off about something you're blatantly fucking clueless on. "Grow friggin stones" - With a phrase like that, could the pot be calling the kettle black? Since you don't seem to be the brightest crayon in the box and you most likely won't understand the analogy: I have a feeling the "kid" would be you.

Your opinion is baseless, and means absolutely fuck all (ie. nothing, since you're slow) when it comes to the NBA. I fucking HATE the NFL. But no way in hell am I going to go into an NFL topic/themed thread and spout off about the history of the Arizona Cardinals to try and convey my intense disdain for the sport. WHY? Because I let those who like the NFL talk about the NFL and not participate or go into specific threads on topics I could give two fucking shits about.

But you obviously didn't have the forethought on making such a simple and easy decision, now did you?

I can't help the fact that you are so insecure that you cannot accept the fact that someone else has an opinion about the NBA that you don't agree with.

Since you flip out on this, perhaps you are not man enough to post on a political chat board.

I can post whereever I like and the fact that I enjoy BS'ing with HG about different subjects should not bother you one bit. If you don't want to participate in the discussion I have with a friend then move along fool.

Immie

Do you enjoy being completely ignorant & fucking stupid? I mean I think it's funny you're calling me a "kid" and a "fool" when only a kid would make such stupid fucking statements on something he has no fucking clue about. Not only that, but I seemed to have made you look like a fool, pointing out how absolutely incorrect you were on your bullshit opinions and statements about the NBA and the Warriors in general. I think you MUST enjoy it, otherwise why would you even try to REMOTELY sound like you know what you're talking about? Pulling facts from your ass that are obviously dead wrong.... It doesn't make any sense.

Oh and since we're now on a new page in this thread, for "Immie" or those who missed my other post right before the one above:

Immie

Hardly. You're the one calling me the "kid" when I've put you in your place a few times now, regarding you spouting off about something you're blatantly fucking clueless on. "Grow friggin stones" - With a phrase like that, could the pot be calling the kettle black? Since you don't seem to be the brightest crayon in the box and you most likely won't understand the analogy: I have a feeling the "kid" would be you.

Your opinion is baseless, and means absolutely fuck all (ie. nothing, since you're slow) when it comes to the NBA. I fucking HATE the NFL. But no way in hell am I going to go into an NFL topic/themed thread and spout off about the history of the Arizona Cardinals to try and convey my intense disdain for the sport. WHY? Because I let those who like the NFL talk about the NFL and not participate or go into specific threads on topics I could give two fucking shits about.

But you obviously didn't have the forethought on making such a simple and easy decision, now did you?

Immie

Hardly. You're the one calling me the "kid" when I've put you in your place a few times now, regarding you spouting off about something you're blatantly fucking clueless on. "Grow friggin stones" - With a phrase like that, could the put be calling the kettle black? Since you don't seem to be the brightest crayon in the box and you most likely won't understand the analogy: I have a feeling the "kid" would be you.

Put me in my place.... right.

What are you 7 years old? My god, I'm having some fun with a friend of mine and you come in here like I had committed an act of terrorism. Are you playing with a full deck?

I love the NFL, but if you had come into a thread on the NFL and gave your opinion of it, I would have shrugged it off. Obviously you need to grow up.

And for the record, I will converse with HG, who I enjoy conversing with any time I want, in any thread I want, whether you like it or not and if you don't like it, I am more than likely going to continue to post in it, because you are such a damned whiner.

Immie

Last edited:
ME:

Do you enjoy being completely ignorant & fucking stupid?

YOU:

And for the record, I will converse with HG, who I enjoy conversing with any time I want, in any thread I want, whether you like it or not and if you don't like it, I am more than likely going to continue to post in it, because you are such a damned whiner.

I'll take that as a "yes".

Feel free to do what you please - you're obviously WAY too fucking stupid to get the point I'm trying to convey anyway. Ignorance is bliss for you, apparently.

ME:

Do you enjoy being completely ignorant & fucking stupid?

YOU:

I'll take that as a "yes".

Feel free to do what you please - you're obviously WAY too fucking stupid to get the point I'm trying to convey anyway. Ignorance is bliss for you, apparently.

Your point is that you are a crybaby. What is not to get out of that?

You don't understand that I came in this thread to kid around with a friend of mine and because I fine the NBA boring, you have a shit fit. You are a crybaby. What is so difficult to understand about that?

You've made your point. Now go cry to someone else because your whining is getting annoying.

Oh, and the NBA sucks.

Immie

Immie

Sixteen out of thirty. Better than half and still they play so many games that would put a man on Methamphetamines to sleep in about 30 seconds.

Professional Tennis is more exciting than the NBA. Hell, Olympic Curling is more exciting than the NBA.

And for Jaws, I only replied to a question asked of me. I made the simple comment that I had hoped we would have a decade free from the NBA and you asked me why. Because I respect you, HG, I answered your question. I still hope the agreement falls through and we can be NBA free for a decade or more. :lol:

Immie

I disagree that the NBA is not exciting but thats your opinion, NBA Basketball is not for everyone.

I know why wouldn't you want the NBA to happen. Also, I think Miami is the favorites. Barring any injuries I think they get it together and win this year.

Why do you think they couldn't get it together last year?

If LBJ is his regular passionless/bitch self and pussies out again because he's got no heart and becomes non-existent when it matters, Miami ain't winning shit this year.

Immie

I disagree that the NBA is not exciting but thats your opinion, NBA Basketball is not for everyone.

Everyone has their opinions and here in America we are supposed to be free to express those opinions.

I guess some don't respect such a right.

No, the NBA is not for everyone, but I say more power to those who enjoy it.

Immie

Forum List

Back