Who will be nominated to replace Scalia?

Your Opinions?

• Male

• Female

• White

• Black

• Latino

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Whoever it is, it won't be good.

Might as well not have a southern border now if Obama is successful getting a replacement soon.

Let's start praying the GOP controlled Senate can keep the nomination bottled up as long as possible.
There is no way Obama will have time to actually get a fucking LIB onto the SC before he waddles off to live above Boystown.

What will be the makeup of the person nominated to the Supreme Court?
Hey will, how about Morgan Freeman? Seriously, I have no idea who is out there, but I am hoping for a moderate with a heart that doesn't rush to judgement. I believe the Constitution was meant to be a fluid document to be adjusted with the times while maintaining all the basic values so thoughtfully laid down by our fore-bearers. Do you have a person in mind?

Me?

No.

I would like to see the short list.
You can be on the 'short-bus' list if you want. LOL LOL
Just kidding. I think you'd make a great SCJ.

The situation couldn't be worse for Republicans in an election year. If they block Obama's nominee, they piss off half the country. If they let it go through, they piss off the other half. In a year of dodgy Republican candidates, that could be the death knell.
People elect presidents, not political parties. About a third of the voters will side with the Democrats, about a third Republican and the rest is up for grabs. The situation couldn't be worse for Democrats, they have Hillary and Sanders to offer that middle.

Most people are not involved enough to know or care about the court nomination but know enough that we will be stuck with him or her for a long time. Can we survive until the president that the people pick selects a candidate? Why not? We can''t survive a year without a decision on affirmative action? We shouldn't even be having the argument at this point in time in the first place.

The situation couldn't be worse for Republicans in an election year. If they block Obama's nominee, they piss off half the country. If they let it go through, they piss off the other half. In a year of dodgy Republican candidates, that could be the death knell.
To be frank I don't think "half the country" who are LIBs actually follow the SC.
Maybe a quarter of LIB voters are vaguely aware the SC exists and that's only because they've heard the words Supreme Court in some obscure news headline on MSNBC.
I think the REPs now have an even greater motivation to elect a REP as President.
I bet anyone could go onto any LIB college campus today and ask a thousand students who was the judge who just died and which way did the judge lean politically. No more than twenty of these fucking LIB dummies could answer correctly.

Hopefully a moderate, not too left, not too right....with no political allegiances...you know, what a Justice is suppose to be.

I personally would love to see another female, to come closer to even, in the court....but a male moderate would be fine with me.... Not too young either....I don't want whoever it is on the court for the next half a century....

The next President will have at least 3 Supreme court Justices to replace....
Why does the gender matter to you? And more importantly, someone that waffles in the middle? That isn't what judges are supposed to do, their job is to make decisions based on what the law says. The lawmakers you refer to are the ones that write the laws, not judges.

The average lifespan when the Constitution was written was around 55. Now a guy that dies at 79 died too young. That's something lawmakers need to address as well as the function of the SCOTUS, it's become more of a political wing than a court.

IT IS TIME FOR A BLACK WOMAN TO SIT ON THE SUPREME COURT.....ONE MORE TIME, ITS TIME TO GET A FUCKIN BLACK WOMAN ON THE SUPREME COURT........
LOL look at the world of shit occurred when a liberal black was put in our White House.

Miss me on that bullshit, man. Obama has done a good job. Take your anti Obama bullshit and share it with a mf' that gives a damn, I don't!!

Is it not time for the token Asian now?

Yes! ;)

But until we democrats have the senate next year he should just appoint Eric Holder.
Oh dear! You actually believe the Senate is going DEM next election? You can't be that fucking dumb. Seriously.
As it stands now even IF Hillary should somehow steal her way into the White house the REPs are guaranteed to actually increase their seats in the Senate. '

First of all, you wingnuts needn't worry, it's pretty much a snowball's chance in hell that Holder would get nom'ed.

I'd like to see a Native American on the bench.

Or a non-white mixed-race.
Maybe 'Pocahontas' Warren?

Obama has done a good job.

Hysterical-Laughing-Gif-11.gif

I suggest people take a look at the pending cases. Delaying this is not going to be in the Republicans interest.
Wow. This is pure genius folks; Lib suggests we let Obama pick replacement so it will help our cases in the Court.
thats because they dont understand how the court is supposed to work VS how it is now working.
If a president was loading the court with all Trump supporting judges, Im betting they would suddenly know exactly how its supposed to work

I understand perfectly how the SC works. I know what is at stake. I also remember Trump being the only Republican candidate to understand and verbally express the definition of "settled law".

But, here is what is what I find that is absolutely hilarious while attempting to slam me. No one on this thread has bothered to put forth the perfect "right wing" judge. You haven't been told whom that might be. Ok?

IT IS TIME FOR A BLACK WOMAN TO SIT ON THE SUPREME COURT.....ONE MORE TIME, ITS TIME TO GET A FUCKIN BLACK WOMAN ON THE SUPREME COURT........
LOL look at the world of shit occurred when a liberal black was put in our White House.

Miss me on that bullshit, man. Obama has done a good job. Take your anti Obama bullshit and share it with a mf' that gives a damn, I don't!!
You're nutz! Obama has divided this country severely. He regime is a fucking disaster. It may take a generation to get back on course to prosperity due to Obama doubling the debt.

I suggest people take a look at the pending cases. Delaying this is not going to be in the Republicans interest.
Wow. This is pure genius folks; Lib suggests we let Obama pick replacement so it will help our cases in the Court.
thats because they dont understand how the court is supposed to work VS how it is now working.
If a president was loading the court with all Trump supporting judges, Im betting they would suddenly know exactly how its supposed to work

I understand perfectly how the SC works. I know what is at stake. I also remember Trump being the only Republican candidate to understand and verbally express the definition of "settled law".

But, here is what is what I find that is absolutely hilarious while attempting to slam me. No one on this thread has bothered to put forth the perfect "right wing" judge. You haven't been told whom that might be. Ok?
Sean Hannity?
Works for me.
I can't WAIT to see who President Trump puts before the REP controlled Senate next year.
Talk about a fucking SLAM DUNK!
The reaction from the LIBs will be hilarious.
I can see it now.
Chrissy Matthews: "SEAN HANNITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I'm having a heart attack!

To be frank I don't think "half the country" who are LIBs actually follow the SC. Maybe a quarter of LIB voters are vaguely aware the SC exists and that's only because they've heard the words Supreme Court in some obscure news headline on MSNBC. I think the REPs now have an even greater motivation to elect a REP as President. I bet anyone could go onto any LIB college campus today and ask a thousand students who was the judge who just died and which way did the judge lean politically. No more than twenty of these fucking LIB dummies could answer correctly.
What makes you think the "other half" follows it any more closely? I think you're living in an echo chamber and don't realize that Dems would be just as motivated to make sure the ruling they favor aren't rolled back.

Sean Hannity?
Works for me.
I can't WAIT to see who President Trump puts before the REP controlled Senate next year.
Talk about a fucking SLAM DUNK!
The reaction from the LIBs will be hilarious.
I can see it now.
Chrissy Matthews: "SEAN HANNITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I'm having a heart attack!

So, you got nothing. You have nothing because deep down inside..........you don't give a shit.

Hopefully a moderate, not too left, not too right....with no political allegiances...you know, what a Justice is suppose to be.

I personally would love to see another female, to come closer to even, in the court....but a male moderate would be fine with me.... Not too young either....I don't want whoever it is on the court for the next half a century....

Why does the gender matter to you? And more importantly, someone that waffles in the middle? That isn't what judges are supposed to do, their job is to make decisions based on what the law says. The lawmakers you refer to are the ones that write the laws, not judges.

The average lifespan when the Constitution was written was around 55. Now a guy that dies at 79 died too young. That's something lawmakers need to address as well as the function of the SCOTUS, it's become more of a political wing than a court.
Yes, a moderate, not politically leaning left, not politically leaning right, but someone who makes decisions based in the Constitution and the merits of the case.

I would like to see a highly qualified moderate female because I would like to see the court more gender balanced....females are more than 50% of this nation, we process thought differently than males, are more thorough and efficient than males and are more capable of seeing the whole picture, and we need representation... :D

That being said, I would have no problem with a male moderate justice appointment....

Yes, a moderate, not politically leaning left, not politically leaning right, but someone who makes decisions based in the Constitution and the merits of the case.

I would like to see a highly qualified moderate female because I would like to see the court more gender balanced....females are more than 50% of this nation, we process thought differently than males, are more thorough and efficient than males and are more capable of seeing the whole picture, and we need representation... :D

That being said, I would have no problem with a male moderate justice appointment....
More efficient? It takes you guys ten times longer just to pee. I would be tickled to death with someone like Judge Judy! She knows the law and will decide cases against her desires because it's the law. That's what judges are supposed to do, not figure out what's best for the country in their opinion.

That wold be Kennedy as the moderate. Scalia said he wanted someone like himself to replace him. Obama should honor that wish.

Forum List

Back