Who vetted this guy,

There is no more moderate Islam than there was moderate Nazism. There are 57 Islamic States and not a single democracy. ISLAM AND DEMOCRACY ARE INCOMPATIBLE. There cannot be any real stability under Islam, except as a ruthless police state The source of this permanent disorder is the Quran itself. Islam means "Submission", not only to Allah, but in real terms to its self-appointed representatives.

Turkey and Algeria just called, asking for you.

Anyhow, one could apply most of your rant above to Christian fundamentalism, a contingent of intolerant Rapture seekers which also has THIS country by the short hairs. Your views above are silly, and exactly the kind of "us vs. them" rhetoric that dictates why the rest of the world increasingly hates us. Well done.
both Turkey and Algeria have secular governments(Algeria even outlawed religious involvement in politics)

Turkey has gone fundamentalist under Erdogan. Don't you read anything?

no, they are not Islamic governments
so those dont count in what was being discussed

His statement was:

There are 57 Islamic States and not a single democracy. ISLAM AND DEMOCRACY ARE INCOMPATIBLE.

Are those two nations not included in the list of 57 he's referring to?
that i dont know, he didnt give the list
but, i would not consider them "Islamic states" because they have secular governments

Turkey and Algeria just called, asking for you.

Anyhow, one could apply most of your rant above to Christian fundamentalism, a contingent of intolerant Rapture seekers which also has THIS country by the short hairs. Your views above are silly, and exactly the kind of "us vs. them" rhetoric that dictates why the rest of the world increasingly hates us. Well done.
both Turkey and Algeria have secular governments(Algeria even outlawed religious involvement in politics)

do you have a source link to back that up that Turkey has abandoned their secular style of governance?

do you have a source link to back that up that Turkey has abandoned their secular style of governance?

I'll look for it again. There should be several links. They aren't like Iran or anything but they are on the road to Islamic rule.

I'll look for it again. There should be several links. They aren't like Iran or anything but they are on the road to Islamic rule.
last i knew Turkey's government was a balance between the elected and the military leadership
meaning that if the elected every tried a theocratic take over, the military would step in

last i knew Turkey's government was a balance between the elected and the military leadership
meaning that if the elected every tried a theocratic take over, the military would step in

Dive, I forget that I had posted a story about it on my website. Here:

Barack Obama is ecstatic that the new referendum will transform the secular state of Turkey into an Islamic Republic Bare Naked Islam's Weblog

Dive, I forget that I had posted a story about it on my website. Here:

Barack Obama is ecstatic that the new referendum will transform the secular state of Turkey into an Islamic Republic Bare Naked Islam's Weblog
your blog with a link to another blog isnt really what i would be calling a reliable source for info on the Turkish government

Forum List

Back