Who thought the bailout wouldnt work....i did

The recession was absolutely necessary, trying to stave it off by wasting hundreds of billions of dollars only prolongs the agony. The recession is the period where the market attempts to correct itself by reallocating resources from failed businesses to more viable areas.

Except that this isn't a local recession that can quickly right itself. This one went global, and the collapse of the U.S. financial insitutions reverberated around the world. If it weren't for the infusion of the initial bailout money by Paulsen and Bernanke which began with the collapse of Lehhman Brothers, and the subsequent steps to stop the bleeding from hemorrhaging, we wouldn't even have an "economy" at all.

Okay I know this is an old subject, but I think it needs to be brought up again so we can learn from our mistakes. That money should have never gone to those corporations. If AIG, and others weren't smart enough to save money, put that rainy day money away, and had proper management in terms of where the corporation was heading, they would not need a bailout. I thought the whole idea behind the free enterprise that we have is for big companies to fall and smaller companies to take over. I thought it was all about competition, not favortism.

My friend figured out that if we were to give that 700 billion dollar bailout, to the American households (thats the key word, not individuals), that were under $70,000 yearly income, combined or not, each household would recieve roughly $23,450. Now imagine a household with that much money, how much they could pay off with that. All that money would circle around and it would eventually get to these major corporations. There would be no houses lost, no cars taken away, and credit cards would be paid off. Wouldnt that boost the economy more?

I personally believe throwing money to corporations like AIG, and these banks, is like throwing money into a black hole. Not result came from it, and it's gone forever. Oh didn't I mention that those corporations we threw that money at is still seeing losses? So in this economic ressession we are in, was it wise to throw away 700 billion dollars?

Thats just my opinion anyway.

Your friend must be pretty important to have somebody like you going back and forth between him and the internet.

Sadly, Huggy has no friends....

What a bully you are, Sinatra. Grow up. Frank would hate you.

Okay I know this is an old subject, but I think it needs to be brought up again so we can learn from our mistakes. That money should have never gone to those corporations. If AIG, and others weren't smart enough to save money, put that rainy day money away, and had proper management in terms of where the corporation was heading, they would not need a bailout. I thought the whole idea behind the free enterprise that we have is for big companies to fall and smaller companies to take over. I thought it was all about competition, not favortism.

My friend figured out that if we were to give that 700 billion dollar bailout, to the American households (thats the key word, not individuals), that were under $70,000 yearly income, combined or not, each household would recieve roughly $23,450. Now imagine a household with that much money, how much they could pay off with that. All that money would circle around and it would eventually get to these major corporations. There would be no houses lost, no cars taken away, and credit cards would be paid off. Wouldnt that boost the economy more?

I personally believe throwing money to corporations like AIG, and these banks, is like throwing money into a black hole. Not result came from it, and it's gone forever. Oh didn't I mention that those corporations we threw that money at is still seeing losses? So in this economic ressession we are in, was it wise to throw away 700 billion dollars?

Thats just my opinion anyway.

I thought the auto makers should have claimed bankruptcy months ago. Oh no, they said, bankruptcy is not an option. Billions later . . . . what's that I hear? Bankruptcy? Unfuckingbelievable. It boggles the mind that there simply doesn't seem to be any common sense floating around out there.

I can tell you that if we had received $23,000 we would have bought a new car. No doubt. Would have also gone on vacation this year. Rented a house down the shore for a week and spent another couple of thousand dollars.

Almost everybody would zip through $23,000 in less than a year, and then be right back to Square One: Up to eyeballs in debt and zero in savings. Yeah, that's the ticket.

The "bailout" funds for GM and Chrysler were LOANS, not gifts, and since they will be going into bankruptcy, the government (taxpayers) will be first in line as creditors entitled to remaining assets. It's still going to be a mess, once the domino effect reaches all the little businesses that in one way or another support the automakers.

Basically we had to bail out the financial sector thieves and their well intentioned but misguided Washingtron regulators and Congressional members to avoid hysteria and possible collapse of the what is basically the lubricant of our economy.

The bigger question, IMO at least, is when does that phase end and what comes next. Right now, ruinous out-year spending plans and increased public taxation are being thrown around. If you think the bailout was not in the interest of the average household, just wait. Then there is controlling inflation, the result of government running car companies, and lots of other negative stuff to deal with that has not yet arrived. It is not pretty.

The search for responsible adults in Washington continues.

The problem is that no other responsible adult has a workable solution, other than what is currently being tried. The risks are great no matter which way we turn.

The recession was absolutely necessary, trying to stave it off by wasting hundreds of billions of dollars only prolongs the agony. The recession is the period where the market attempts to correct itself by reallocating resources from failed businesses to more viable areas.

Except that this isn't a local recession that can quickly right itself. This one went global, and the collapse of the U.S. financial insitutions reverberated around the world. If it weren't for the infusion of the initial bailout money by Paulsen and Bernanke which began with the collapse of Lehhman Brothers, and the subsequent steps to stop the bleeding from hemorrhaging, we wouldn't even have an "economy" at all.

Not true at all. We all would have had to live within our means for a little while, but that's certainly preferable to setting us up for a bigger bust down the road as we are currently doing.

Bush admitted yesterday in Michigan that irresponsible deregulations caused the mess.

He also said what he misses most is meeting with the men and women in the military.

Yea, as he sends them off to die for his profit.

But you got to hand it to him. He is a likable guy when he's not in charge. And he can be really funny, in a southern charm kind of way.

Not true at all. We all would have had to live within our means for a little while, but that's certainly preferable to setting us up for a bigger bust down the road as we are currently doing.

Oh please. Why weren't you worried about this the last 8 years? Oh yea, because it was MILITARY spending that the GOP were blowing our money on. Where's all that money now? That's who won.

Defense contractors, healthcare, oil, telecoms, ceo's, mortgage company owners, wallstreet execs, insurance giants like AIG.

I truly do not believe that (for the most part) the government has a clue as to what this means.

I truly do not believe that (for the most part) the government has a clue as to what this means.

We need people to spend in order to get this economy going again. We need people working, and making good money. We need to fix the trade imbalance. We need healthcare to be more affordable. We need to take back the Federal Reserve. We need to put back important regulations.

And the GOP will fight us tooth and nail on every one of these things.

Hey, you know how you can tell the righties aren't being honest about things like DE regulations? They never talk about specifics. If there are any regulations that are bad, please tell us what they are and we will help to end those "bad" regulations.

But it seems that Republicans talk in generalities because they want to undo necessary regulations that are in place for good reasons.

So let us know what regulations you are talking about ending. Don't ever talk about "regulations" as an all or nothing thing.

Why will Toyota and Honda leave?

Toyota decided on a plant in Canada, citing a bunch of stupid hicks in the southern US that couldn't read.

And are these slow red necks down south suggest that they are harder workers or smarter than us? What a joke. Maybe the blacks that still live down south are as smart as us and faster and maybe harder workers, but not the Mayberry Dukes of Hazard white people who walk around with a piece of hay sticking out of their mouth. With that slow drawl accent. It takes them 2 times as long to say something that we say, so what makes us think they are fast producers?

They are just cheaper, thats it.

Are blacks smarter than whites? If they're equally poor and ignorant? Do they have some extra brain appendage I'm not aware of?

Otherwise, what an idiotic statement. Just one of thousands, sadly.

Toyota decided on a plant in Canada, citing a bunch of stupid hicks in the southern US that couldn't read.

And are these slow red necks down south suggest that they are harder workers or smarter than us? What a joke. Maybe the blacks that still live down south are as smart as us and faster and maybe harder workers, but not the Mayberry Dukes of Hazard white people who walk around with a piece of hay sticking out of their mouth. With that slow drawl accent. It takes them 2 times as long to say something that we say, so what makes us think they are fast producers?

They are just cheaper, thats it.

Are blacks smarter than whites? If they're equally poor and ignorant? Do they have some extra brain appendage I'm not aware of?

Otherwise, what an idiotic statement. Just one of thousands, sadly.

Are asians smarter than you? Yes. I suspect most black people are smarter than you to. I don't know about all whites. I just know that MOST white southerners I know are ignorant and slow. Thats why they lost the war. And they are still mad about it to this day. Get over it.

When all the jobs come down south, pay attention to where all the white collar people came from. They came from up north. You can work on the line, but you make no decisions.

So basically the new slave owners are the Corporations and you are the new slaves.

We need people to spend in order to get this economy going again. We need people working, and making good money. We need to fix the trade imbalance. We need healthcare to be more affordable. We need to take back the Federal Reserve. We need to put back important regulations.

Hey, you know how you can tell the dithering crybaby leftists (fixed) aren't being honest about things like regulations? They never talk about specifics. If there are any regulations that are bad, please tell us what they are and we will help to end those "bad" regulations.

Man....Some comedy actually writes itself!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The bailout, although it is easy to dislike and surely had a lot of questionable spending, most likely has staved off a depression style crash. These banks that are now returning the money still can't survive a run and never will be able to survive a run. Anytime that threat appears, it will be cheaper to throw a bunch of money at confidence than to have to pay out depositors from the FDIC. If you really want to see the dollar collapse, let them fail. The FDIC would have to borrow a spectacular amount of amount of money. 700 billion would be baby food.

Yeah, I also suspect (I don't know) the FDIC being on the hook for every depositor was the primary reason that Bush II then Obama find themselves bailing out the very people who screwed up.

Of course pointing that out to some people here is mostly a waste of time.

They're so damned busy finding partisan rationalizations why their team is good and the other evil incarnate that they're not much interested in such things as facts, I fear.

Hey, you know how you can tell the dithering crybaby leftists (fixed) aren't being honest about things like regulations? They never talk about specifics. If there are any regulations that are bad, please tell us what they are and we will help to end those "bad" regulations.

I'm not a man. I'm a little **** who wants to swallow your cum. Seriously.

You are creepy dude.

Oh please. Why weren't you worried about this the last 8 years? Oh yea, because it was MILITARY spending that the GOP were blowing our money on. Where's all that money now? That's who won.

Defense contractors, healthcare, oil, telecoms, ceo's, mortgage company owners, wallstreet execs, insurance giants like AIG.

You know better than this, sealy. You know that I have never supported any of Bush's wars anymore than I'll support Obama's wars. If it were up to me then all the troops would be home right now.

You know better than this, sealy. You know that I have never supported any of Bush's wars anymore than I'll support Obama's wars. If it were up to me then all the troops would be home right now.
You're assuming that he's sane.

If you deviate one iota form his paranoid delusions, you're a republican piss bucket bearer.

Period.

Oh no! HUGE difference between Kevin and you. HUGE!!! You're a fucking moron, he is smart. I might not agree with him all the time, but its usually just symantics. He makes a lot of sense. You make none.

Oh no! HUGE difference between Kevin and you. HUGE!!! You're a fucking moron, he is smart. I might not agree with him all the time, but its usually just symantics. He makes a lot of sense. You make none.
The relief that I don't make sense to a mentally unbalanced lunatic, with the damnedest persecution complex I've ever encountered, is of no end. :lol:

The bailout, although it is easy to dislike and surely had a lot of questionable spending, most likely has staved off a depression style crash. These banks that are now returning the money still can't survive a run and never will be able to survive a run. Anytime that threat appears, it will be cheaper to throw a bunch of money at confidence than to have to pay out depositors from the FDIC. If you really want to see the dollar collapse, let them fail. The FDIC would have to borrow a spectacular amount of amount of money. 700 billion would be baby food.

Yeah, I also suspect (I don't know) the FDIC being on the hook for every depositor was the primary reason that Bush II then Obama find themselves bailing out the very people who screwed up.

Of course pointing that out to some people here is mostly a waste of time.

They're so damned busy finding partisan rationalizations why their team is good and the other evil incarnate that they're not much interested in such things as facts, I fear.

Pretty simple math really. Figure what the FDIC bailout would cost, a cost the government is bound to pay, versus what a stabilization package would cost. Factor in how very close we were to a full blown bank run and the bailout was a no brainer. Had to be done. The people talking about things being "bad" for a "little while" and people "living within their means" couldn't see, can't see, what our leaders could. As much as they do fuck up, they are VERY right sometimes. This thing is FRAGILE. I'm not sure if people understand exactly how fragile. In fact, I'm sure they don't know how fragile, most of them. A couple big banks go kaput and the wheels would be set in motion. There would be no stopping the free fall. A full blown melt down.

Regulate. You must regulate. There is no reason for the service of counting money, the simpliest fucking math on earth, to be so profitable.

Forum List

Back