Who thought the bailout wouldnt work....i did

So Bush can't claim he prevented a supposed second terrorist attack but it' irrefutable that Obama prevented a supposed depression.

Roger that.

President Bush initiated the bank bail.

Oh we got this bitch. :lol:

Now she has to admit the bankes are liars/corrupt/theives.

She's spent all her time defending them. She, and people like her, ask me, "bobo, why do you hate the rich"?

Well now she is admitting I was right. Remember Kramer went on the Daily Show and admitted the exact same thing? Notice the corporate media didn't make a week of that story? But Pelosi, sure.

And so the righties don't have revisionist memory, this is what the Paulson wanted the bailout to look like. PS. Notice is says, "what paulson had been doing all along anyways"? Well thats what I said last year too. The Federal Reserve, without Congress' approval, started bailing out AIG with billions of dollars. Then we caught on and they had to go thru congress and that's when the GOP made a political game of it. Notice they didn't sign the bailout? Even though it is their bankers that created the bank robbery?

The deal proposed by Paulson is nothing short of outrageous. It includes no oversight of his own closed-door operations. It merely gives congressional blessing and funding to what he has already been doing, ad hoc. He plans to retain Wall Street firms as advisors to decide just how to cut deals to value and mop up Wall Street's dubious paper. There are to be no limits on executive compensation for the firms that get relief, and no equity share for the government in exchange for this massive infusion of capital.

What a scam!!!!! But American voters are dumb so they get away with it. Not only do they get away with it, they also blame the liberals for it.

The FDIC can not insure what it has promised. Nowhere remotely close. The purpose of the FDIC is to create confidence and deter a bank run. If the run actually happened, the banks would fail, the FDIC can't pay and confidence gets spanked for a VERY long time. I am not sure that many people understand what the consequences of allowing this to happen are or how close we were to that scenario. 25 or so small banks have failed. If just one giant failed, the dominos would, in all probability, be set in motion.

So, what's the problem? The problem is that the insurance company, the FDIC, insured without the proper conditions. If your homeowners insurance company could see that you were setting a fire in the middle of your kitchen floor, on purpose, every night, they would decline to insure you until you stopped being stupid. The FDIC however, continues to insure while the banks burn themselves down. It's a question of regulation.

The auto bailouts are another can of worms.

What would happen if I went into business insuring people and then if/when a tragedy ever occurred, I didn't have enough money to cover everyone?

I would go to jail for fraud. What a scam!!! If you can't pay, then go out of business. Its a free market.

Insurance companies often can not cover disasters. That's why they beg for a declaration of a disaster. The govenment picks up the private sectors tab and irresponsibility.

In theory, I am with you. But what perhaps some don't get is that the governments job is to protect the people from even domestic threats. So, we can make all this right. Regulate the hell out of it all. You can't insure more than you have. No fractional reserve banking. We can stop all the scumbags from making gross profits on promies they can't keep. But I don't think many would like who this would hurt. I'd be all for it. Either that, or if you aren't going to regulate, you clean up the mess.

The typical conservative free market approach is neither regulation nor government correction. I suggest you move to Somalia. A free market paradise. No government, completely free markets without regulation.

Amen.

The FDIC can not insure what it has promised. Nowhere remotely close. The purpose of the FDIC is to create confidence and deter a bank run. If the run actually happened, the banks would fail, the FDIC can't pay and confidence gets spanked for a VERY long time. I am not sure that many people understand what the consequences of allowing this to happen are or how close we were to that scenario. 25 or so small banks have failed. If just one giant failed, the dominos would, in all probability, be set in motion.

So, what's the problem? The problem is that the insurance company, the FDIC, insured without the proper conditions. If your homeowners insurance company could see that you were setting a fire in the middle of your kitchen floor, on purpose, every night, they would decline to insure you until you stopped being stupid. The FDIC however, continues to insure while the banks burn themselves down. It's a question of regulation.

The auto bailouts are another can of worms.

What would happen if I went into business insuring people and then if/when a tragedy ever occurred, I didn't have enough money to cover everyone?

I would go to jail for fraud. What a scam!!! If you can't pay, then go out of business. Its a free market.

did you feel that way when the obamalama gave the GM creditors 29 cents on the dollar?? hypocrite?

You're the kid who says, MA, MA, MA, MA, MA, MA, MA, MA, MA, MA, MA, MA, MA, MA, MA, and when MA, finally says what, you haven't got shit to say.

Be gone!!!:eusa_hand:

Not worth talking to.

No, the inner cities where Democrats are mayors more closely resemble Somalia.

I can't wait until Toyota & Honda leave your red neck towns.

Do you know what they will leave? Crippled INNER CITIES!! You've never had them before, but now you fucking beg for them. You even give them tax breaks so they will stay. So you don't even get the tax benefits. Wixom, MI still has billions of dollars from the Lincoln plant that was there for 30 fucking years. Your town will have NOTHING when Toyota leaves. Hell, theres probably a tax break if they go overseas, so you'll actually subsodize the move. And I can't wait to see how you deal with a large population of people all living on top of each other. Lets see you replace those jobs that leave. Lets see all of you take a huge step backward. But since you had nothing before, you sold out cheap.

I don't have time to go find the story, but there was this red state that took in some heavy polluter company and now their kids are getting cancer!!! HA fucking ha! Not that I wish the kids to have cancer, but why the fuck do you think we regulated them in the first place? So we told you so. You almost asked for it. Hell, you did because you voted for it.

Now maybe you'll learn why we regulate and tax the corporations.

It is almost not even worth talking to you people. You must have such a hard on over god gays, blacks or guns that you dont' give a fuck how stupid you are.

Not that

Okay I know this is an old subject, but I think it needs to be brought up again so we can learn from our mistakes. That money should have never gone to those corporations. If AIG, and others weren't smart enough to save money, put that rainy day money away, and had proper management in terms of where the corporation was heading, they would not need a bailout. I thought the whole idea behind the free enterprise that we have is for big companies to fall and smaller companies to take over. I thought it was all about competition, not favortism.

My friend figured out that if we were to give that 700 billion dollar bailout, to the American households (thats the key word, not individuals), that were under $70,000 yearly income, combined or not, each household would recieve roughly $23,450. Now imagine a household with that much money, how much they could pay off with that. All that money would circle around and it would eventually get to these major corporations. There would be no houses lost, no cars taken away, and credit cards would be paid off. Wouldnt that boost the economy more?

I personally believe throwing money to corporations like AIG, and these banks, is like throwing money into a black hole. Not result came from it, and it's gone forever. Oh didn't I mention that those corporations we threw that money at is still seeing losses? So in this economic ressession we are in, was it wise to throw away 700 billion dollars?

Thats just my opinion anyway.

I thought the auto makers should have claimed bankruptcy months ago. Oh no, they said, bankruptcy is not an option. Billions later . . . . what's that I hear? Bankruptcy? Unfuckingbelievable. It boggles the mind that there simply doesn't seem to be any common sense floating around out there.

I can tell you that if we had received $23,000 we would have bought a new car. No doubt. Would have also gone on vacation this year. Rented a house down the shore for a week and spent another couple of thousand dollars.

The bailout of the banks was absolutely necessary. However, there should have been much greater transparency and accountability. As for the rest, the stimulus and the bailout money for the auto makers, it was all a waste. Over $800 billion thrown away.

What could have been done instead? How about saving $600 billion by offering a $10,000 tax credit for purchasing a new vehicle. If 20 million people purchased new cars, it would have cost the federal government $200 billion, and the auto makers would not be bankrupt. Not only would the car companies have been selling cars, they would have been selling them at a profit because the demand would have been so high that special deals would not have been necessary.

Yes, it would have cost taxpayers, but the end result would have been much better than what we are seeing currently. On top of that, employment would have remained higher, and less people would have lost their homes. But I could be wrong. After all, I'm just an average Joe, not a highly accredited economist.

Last edited:
Why will Toyota and Honda leave?

Because wages are lower in Mexico. $10 hr there, $15 where you live. That's the same wage difference between up north and down south. We didn't think they'd leave here either, but they did. And you guys are just as lazy and overpaid. And when they start treating you like crap and you figure out why the fuck we started unions in the first place, they'll leave.

And don't cry to us. Even though we will help you. That's how liberals are. You fuck us over but we still want to help, because we know that your problems are our problems.

What you don't get is that we are all in this together.

I don't even mind jobs going down south. As long as they stay in the US.

did you feel that way when the obamalama gave the GM creditors 29 cents on the dollar?? hypocrite?

You're the kid who says, MA, MA, MA, MA, MA, MA, MA, MA, MA, MA, MA, MA, MA, MA, MA, and when MA, finally says what, you haven't got shit to say.

Not worth talking to.

heee heeee can't answer the question can ya.. bobo. all talk and no walk

Why will Toyota and Honda leave?

Toyota decided on a plant in Canada, citing a bunch of stupid hicks in the southern US that couldn't read.

And are these slow red necks down south suggest that they are harder workers or smarter than us? What a joke. Maybe the blacks that still live down south are as smart as us and faster and maybe harder workers, but not the Mayberry Dukes of Hazard white people who walk around with a piece of hay sticking out of their mouth. With that slow drawl accent. It takes them 2 times as long to say something that we say, so what makes us think they are fast producers?

They are just cheaper, thats it.

you know whats even funnier. these corporations asked for money and they get it, but if we americans were to ask for some money, oh my god we would be terrorists. that would never happen. the government is happy to take our money, but when we need help, all of a sudden no one is there.

Not worth talking to.

Without a link to explain the situation? No, retard. To just accept anything that you say? Absolutely not. Compared to how Bush gave the bankers $350 billion no questions asked and only asked for 50 cents back on every dollar?

So Bush gave $350 and the bankers owe us $125 back. Nice deal.

How much money are you talking about with GM? $30 bill and we'll get $8 billion back?

Like I'm going to just assume what you say is true or not fuzzy math. NOT! :eusa_hand:

Not worth talking to.

Without a link to explain the situation? No, retard. To just accept anything that you say? Absolutely not. Compared to how Bush gave the bankers $350 billion no questions asked and only asked for 50 cents back on every dollar?

How much money are you talking about with GM? $30 bill and we'll get $8 billion back?

Like I'm going to just assume what you say is true or not fuzzy math. NOT! :eusa_hand:

that's okay DUmmie,, we forgiver your libtardedness.. how's detroit these days????

that's okay DUmmie,, we forgiver your libtardedness.. how's detroit these days????

Great. Red wings winning, tax breaks for companies coming, new mayor of Detroit, jen granholm is working her magic with battery manufacturers, visteon is going bankrupt..

Did you see that list of the largest manufacturing cities? Michigan isn't even in the top 3 anymore.

Oh well, those car manufacturing jobs don't matter.

What does the bread winner in your home do for a living?

Great. Red wings winning, tax breaks for companies coming, new mayor of Detroit, jen granholm is working her magic with battery manufacturers, visteon is going bankrupt..

Did you see that list of the largest manufacturing cities? Michigan isn't even in the top 3 anymore.

Oh well, those car manufacturing jobs don't matter.

What does the bread winner in your home do for a living?

see how libtarded you are?? I've told you three times already.. looks like you will have to do a "search" what you don't earn you don't learn!

Okay I know this is an old subject, but I think it needs to be brought up again so we can learn from our mistakes. That money should have never gone to those corporations. If AIG, and others weren't smart enough to save money, put that rainy day money away, and had proper management in terms of where the corporation was heading, they would not need a bailout. I thought the whole idea behind the free enterprise that we have is for big companies to fall and smaller companies to take over. I thought it was all about competition, not favortism.

My friend figured out that if we were to give that 700 billion dollar bailout, to the American households (thats the key word, not individuals), that were under $70,000 yearly income, combined or not, each household would recieve roughly $23,450. Now imagine a household with that much money, how much they could pay off with that. All that money would circle around and it would eventually get to these major corporations. There would be no houses lost, no cars taken away, and credit cards would be paid off. Wouldnt that boost the economy more?

I personally believe throwing money to corporations like AIG, and these banks, is like throwing money into a black hole. Not result came from it, and it's gone forever. Oh didn't I mention that those corporations we threw that money at is still seeing losses? So in this economic ressession we are in, was it wise to throw away 700 billion dollars?

Thats just my opinion anyway.

I thought the auto makers should have claimed bankruptcy months ago. Oh no, they said, bankruptcy is not an option. Billions later . . . . what's that I hear? Bankruptcy? Unfuckingbelievable. It boggles the mind that there simply doesn't seem to be any common sense floating around out there.

I can tell you that if we had received $23,000 we would have bought a new car. No doubt. Would have also gone on vacation this year. Rented a house down the shore for a week and spent another couple of thousand dollars.

The bailout of the banks was absolutely necessary. However, there should have been much greater transparency and accountability. As for the rest, the stimulus and the bailout money for the auto makers, it was all a waste. Over $800 billion thrown away.

What could have been done instead? How about saving $600 billion by offering a $10,000 tax credit for purchasing a new vehicle. If 20 million people purchased new cars, it would have cost the federal government $200 billion, and the auto makers would not be bankrupt. Not only would the car companies have been selling cars, they would have been selling them at a profit because the demand would have been so high that special deals would not have been necessary.

Yes, it would have cost taxpayers, but the end result would have been much better than what we are seeing currently. On top of that, employment would have remained higher, and less people would have lost their homes. But I could be wrong. After all, I'm just an average Joe, not a highly accedited economist.[/quote]

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

As for the underlined sentence, if Washington had more 'average Joes' like you, there'd be a lot less waste and a lot more stimulus going on. And that money printing machine ain't broke yet!

Tell me how protecting us into the poor house is helping again?

The notion that the banks own this country is ludicrous. Who rights the rules the freaking government which is by and large run by people like Barney Frank who go out of their way to castrate the banks.

Tell me how protecting us into the poor house is helping again?

The notion that the banks own this country is ludicrous. Who rights the rules the freaking government which is by and large run by people like Barney Frank who go out of their way to castrate the banks.

OMG! Who won stupid? Your 401K took a dump and your home value went down. So where did all that money go?

In business and life, there are always winners and losers. Who won?

The CEO's of all these companies that went bankrupt, broke the unions, renigged on their pensions and sent jobs overseas.

They got record profits.

And oil company execs made record profits

And healthcare execs made record profits

And bankers and mortgage companies made a fortune!!! Oh you feel sorry for them because of the toxic assets? What about the rest of us who are paying them the money we owe them with interest?

And they got $750 Billion in the end? OMG!!!

The bankers own the federal reserve. Take a look at the debt clock. You don't like it, right? They love it!!!! That's money you owe them dummy!!1

yea, its barnie frank. What a fucking idiot you are. I don't even know you but you are a fucking brainwashed right wing moron. WHo brainwashed you? Fess up. Was it family or RUsh? Were you born stupid? Holy fucking cow. I bet you hate FREDDY MACK, huh? What do you do for a living. I'm going to pick you a fucking part boy.

Forum List

Back