Who Should Be Next?

OK, very serious question:
( Please, serious thoughtful answers only )

Who should be the next president, and why? Who would put every effort possible into creating a representative government, one that fairly, justly, and equally represents ALL Americans? Who would aggressively attack government corruption, fight to prosecute those that engage in such, and expose those pandering to special interests and Corporate America?

Who would fight to create a fair and just judicial system, a fair and equal taxation system, and end wasteful unnecessary spending of taxpayers' hard earned dollars? In other words, who would actually serve this nation and her citizens, and do so without a selfish agenda of personal gain and fame?

Again, please be serious and fully explain your answer/choice. Thanks.
So far, I have been advocating for John Kasich. I think he is announcing today, as a matter of fact.

Kasich was the chairman of the House budget committee. He's the one who sponsored the Balanced Budget Act of 1997. This means he clearly has the needed skills to tackle the federal budget and the debt.

As governor of Ohio, he has lowered their chronic unemployment and created a budget surplus.

So domestically, he's our man. And it doesn't hurt he is from a very important swing state. If he attached Rubio to his ticket, they'd sew up Florida and Ohio and probably the election.

I am now waiting to see what his foreign policy plans are before I completely commit.

Kasich is not a piss drinker. He's pragmatic. This means his chances of survival in the Republican Theater for Rubes are slim to none. But who knows? Miracles have happened before.
Thanks. I appreciate your input. What exactly do you realistically expect Kasich to accomplish, should he win the oval office?

Thanks. What do you realistically expect the next president to do, as far as positive meaningful accomplishments and much needed change throughout government, and throughout our socioeconomic environment

Like I said, roll back liberalism. Get rid of bad laws. Reduce regulations and get rid of redundant bureaucracies. The individual states need to step up and fix most of their own problems.

It pains me like hell to say this, but there are some qualities in Ted Cruz I like. There are even some qualities in Rand Paul I like, but Rand Paul strikes me as a man who has very shallow roots and is just doing what he thinks his daddy would want him to do.

Ted Cruz seems to be the more principled of the two. I disagree with him across the board on social issues, but I admire any person who doesn't put their finger in the wind to decide where they are going to stand.

Though I have not seen him specifically say it, I think Ted Cruz would like to see tax expenditures go the way of the dodo bird. I know for a fact Rand Paul would. Neither of them say it directly, though, and that is extremely disappointing.

Cruz and Paul couch their tax reform in terms of "filling out your taxes on one page". Well, the only way that could be possible is if you eliminate all tax expenditures. But they don't say that part. They don't say "which means your mortgage interest deduction will have to go, along with your child tax credits, and your refrigerator tax credits, and your solar panel tax credits, and your capital depreciation deductions, and all the rest of the $1.2 trillion in government gifts you get."

No, they ramble on about the Fair Tax or Flat Tax and a low, low tax rate. Well, a low, low tax rate is only possible by...you guessed it...eliminating tax expenditures.

Cruz is a Harvard educated man. Perhaps in a party which is dominated by retards with the intellectual bandwidth of bumper stickers, he feels handicapped by an inability to get this principle across.

Who should be the next president, and why? Who would put every effort possible into creating a representative government, one that fairly, justly, and equally represents ALL Americans? Who would aggressively attack government corruption, fight to prosecute those that engage in such, and expose those pandering to special interests and Corporate America?

Who would fight to create a fair and just judicial system, a fair and equal taxation system, and end wasteful unnecessary spending of taxpayers' hard earned dollars? In other words, who would actually serve this nation and her citizens, and do so without a selfish agenda of personal gain and fame?

So far, I have been advocating for John Kasich. I think he is announcing today, as a matter of fact.

Kasich was the chairman of the House budget committee. He's the one who sponsored the Balanced Budget Act of 1997. This means he clearly has the needed skills to tackle the federal budget and the debt.

As governor of Ohio, he has lowered their chronic unemployment and created a budget surplus.

So domestically, he's our man. And it doesn't hurt he is from a very important swing state. If he attached Rubio to his ticket, they'd sew up Florida and Ohio and probably the election.

I am now waiting to see what his foreign policy plans are before I completely commit.

Kasich is not a piss drinker. He's pragmatic. This means his chances of survival in the Republican Theater for Rubes are slim to none. But who knows? Miracles have happened before.
Thanks. I appreciate your input. What exactly do you realistically expect Kasich to accomplish, should he win the oval office?
I expect he will haul out the template he used to balance the budget the first time around, and actually start paying down our debt.

If he did nothing else, this alone would make him a great President.

I also expect he will keep Common Core on track, raising the educational bar for our kids so they are prepared for the jobs of tomorrow. If you get education right, everything else falls into place naturally.

Thanks. What do you realistically expect the next president to do, as far as positive meaningful accomplishments and much needed change throughout government, and throughout our socioeconomic environment

Like I said, roll back liberalism. Get rid of bad laws. Reduce regulations and get rid of redundant bureaucracies. The individual states need to step up and fix most of their own problems.
What "bad laws"? And, how would he accomplish it? What steps would he take to ensure that he was successful in his efforts? How would he fight any opposition to change? In other words, intent is not enough, as we've seen over the years. It takes a plan of action, a reasonable assurance that his goals can be realized and accomplished. How would he bring about enough support to make his plans a reality? Thanks.

More on Cruz/Rand and tax expenditures.

Cruz and Rand have to know the only way to get low tax rates and a one page income tax form is by eliminating tax expenditures.

They are selling the halo without mentioning the prerequisite crucifixion to earn it.

If Cruz or Rand get elected, and THEN tell the rubes, "Oh by the way, we have to take away all your deductions, credits, and exemptions to make my plan work", they will be lynched on the White House lawn.

They better start being open and honest. Now.

I expect he will haul out the template he used to balance the budget the first time around, and actually start paying down our debt.

I also expect he will keep Common Core on track, raising the educational bar for our kids so they are prepared for the jobs of tomorrow. If you get education right, everything else falls into place naturally.
I see. Has he actually revealed his detailed plan of action? Or, is all you've heard just the usual political rhetoric? Also, education is worthless with opportunities to put that education to work. For example, we now have college grads flippin burgers and living with parents. We have many educated professionals that are unemployed. In today's world, education alone is not going to ensure success, nor a venue to get maximum benefit value from years of study and hard work.

We now have major corporations importing cheap labor in order to save money. Our brightest don't automatically have an opportunity to put advanced education to good use. We have college grads working in jobs that a high school grad should be doing. In summary, we do not have an adequate number of high-end jobs to fill the demand.

why do you believe Hillary would be worse than Obama?

Hillary is a personally corrupt individual who will cynically adopt any policy in order to gain power. In this regard, she would combine the worst attributes of Clinton and Obama in order to enrich her friends and destroy her enemies. Has everyone forgotten FBI Filegate and Sandy Berger stealing documents from the Nation Archives? If Hillary is elected (and the Dems retake the Senate), she could be our last (legitimately?) elected President.

What exactly do you realistically expect Kasich to accomplish, should he win the oval office?

Kasich spews pablum just like all of the other candidates (except Trump), because that's what appeals to the moronic "undecided" voters. That is the crux of the GOP problem: How do you explain economics to people who can't even spell the word?

I see. Has he actually revealed his detailed plan of action? Or, is all you've heard just the usual political rhetoric?

With Kasich, we have the benefit of actually being able to look at his record, instead of listening to some newbie's promises which do not rhyme with the political realities on the ground. Obama had zero experience working and playing with others, which is why Congress has been able to continuously break his teeth.

Kasich has a kickass record. Both in the legislative and Executive branches of governance.

Also, education is worthless with opportunities to put that education to work. For example, we now have college grads flippin burgers and living with parents.

I don't buy the burger flipping college grads meme. If there are any, I'd lay odds their degrees are from the predatory paper mills.

We have many educated professionals that are unemployed.

The percentage of unemployed college grads is way lower than the percentage of unemployed high school graduates, and way, way lower than the percentage of unemployed high school dropouts.

Education provides a huge edge. Education is the backbone of innovation, global economic domination, growth, and revenues.

I've come to the realization that it really doesn't matter who is president.

The best thing to do is to vote for congressmen and senators who will be so divided that they can do nothing because the less the fucking government dies the better off we all are

I've come to the realization that it really doesn't matter who is president.

In some ways, this is true. But if you lived in the Carter and Reagan eras, you would see how much effect a President can have, both good and bad.

Hell, even Bush proved how much impact a President can have.

In the military, we referred to this as the command climate. The guy in charge can have a huge influence.

Obama has been so ineffective, I can see how some forgetful or young people might believe it doesn't matter who is President.

Let's get real: The ONLY way the U.S. can maintain its higher standard of living is through private sector innovation and expansion, which require risk taking and a substantial profit motive. Tax and social policies need to recognize this, and quickly if we are to avoid a permanent decline.

Forum List

Back