Who needs a college degree, exactly?

No, it's true. Colleges have dumbed down the curriculum and the test scores required to enter.......for guess who?
And why do lefties do this, becasue instead of educating people and bringing them up to your level, you lower the bar and standards.....which helps noone......

Don't believe me

The disadvantage is typically attributed to test preparation. There is substantial evidence that test prep can raise test scores, and even the College Board who administers the SAT test admits there are benefits associated with test prep. But high quality test prep can be expensive, and many can’t afford the fees associated with these tutoring classes. Beyond test preparation, high income students often have access to educational opportunities not available to low income students.

See, it's racist because people can't afford to take it
So in addition to real school subjects like math, science and instead of using our schools to teach political bullshit like global warming and trannies.......maybe use it to help kids prepare for the SAT and get them knowledgeable on those subjects

But instead you just dumb it down, can't lose that opportunity to propagandize to kids.........and then you blame racism
Graduating college is difficult
A third never make it.

Most graduates are in Business, Healthcare, STEM, Education

Hard to dumb down

Graduating college is difficult
A third never make it.

Most graduates are in Business, Healthcare, STEM, Education

Hard to dumb down
Well, those are good majors...so not bad. I'm referring to the general requirements. It used to be alot tougher. You had to take one or even 2 foreign languages, you had to take real math, ect....... Now adays it's all about you major, well rounded isn't as much of a thought as it used to be.

A common myth among the uneducated. All degrees are worthless and most kids get degrees in philosophy or basket weaving.

Most college degrees are in Business, Healthcare, Education, STEM all of which lead to lucrative careers
What's wrong with a degree in Philosophy?

You have to be "smart" to be successful, regardless of whether you pursue one of the Learned Professions, the corporate dream, a valuable skill, or just work hard for somebody else.

The past fifty years of American history have made it clear that pursuing a generic college degree (American History, anything including the word, "Studies," etc.) is a waste of time and money.

My point was that I am encountering a significant number of apparently successful people who have "no" formal education at all. My wife's painter - I wouldn't even call that a "skill" - is very prosperous in his own business. He does most of the work himself and hires a friend to help when the work demands.

Telling a high school kid that s/he must go to college in order to be successful...might be a disservice.

Forum List

Back