Who needs a college degree, exactly?

I am an expert on the law because I watch Judge Judy every day

Yes.....she is the best

1633401989493.png

I am in the process of moving from one residence to another. For a variety of needs I have been in contact with several contractors of various specialties...landscapers, brick masons, HVAC people, painters, a plumber an electrician...

These guys (all guys) are making a ton of money. They have vacation homes, boats, collector cars, and families that they are supporting. While they are mainly mid-career, it is impressive what they have accomplished. Most learned their trades either on their own or in the Military. They not only know what they are doing technically, they know how to organize their business.

No college. What for?
You don't need a college degree if you have a crystal ball that shows you exactly how to succeed in life.

What's that? You don't have a crystal ball? Well then, you try to stack up as much as you can in your favor. And one of those is to get a college degree.

Funnily enough the richest and most successful men on earth are self made men.....and they never went to College.... so that's interesting! :)

I wish I could remember the mans name...........but he developed or invented something to do with jet engines or rocket engines I think.......didn't go any further than the 3rd grade, and became a millionaire.

I've known a lot of people in my working life that dumped school in favor of learning a trade, and ended up being very well off or millionaires.

College is a scam. Created by the rich to foster and bolster their own ego's, as well as their kids. Incorporating banks and government loan scams to bilk the sheeples kids out of trillions of dollars over the decades.

All for what? To have a HUGE loan over your head in order to learn something that is completely useless to anyone but the colleges (to make money on), that you end up having to repay for the rest of your life? College is a SCAM.

The ONLY fields that need any kind of specialty training are medical, science, engineering, and law. Everything else can be learned by hands on training or natural born skills.

With the invent of the internet...........people don't even need colleges anymore. You can learn a skill or trade online for absolutely free.

Colleges are worthless.jpg

I am in the process of moving from one residence to another. For a variety of needs I have been in contact with several contractors of various specialties...landscapers, brick masons, HVAC people, painters, a plumber an electrician...

These guys (all guys) are making a ton of money. They have vacation homes, boats, collector cars, and families that they are supporting. While they are mainly mid-career, it is impressive what they have accomplished. Most learned their trades either on their own or in the Military. They not only know what they are doing technically, they know how to organize their business.

No college. What for?

The odds are significantly in your favor if you go to college and get a degree. The guys you've contracted likely are suffering from the effects of having to work from the shoulders down for several decades; bad backs, arthritis, joint pain...

No college. What for?
I went to college to learn about art I couldn't get that being a bricklayer one thing we gotz was being artisans.

The odds are significantly in your favor if you go to college and get a degree. The guys you've contracted likely are suffering from the effects of having to work from the shoulders down for several decades; bad backs, arthritis, joint pain...
Not to mention the heavy drinking and drug abuse you are required to perform while working.

Not to mention the heavy drinking and drug abuse you are required to perform while working.

More than likely, that is on a case by case basis.

I went to HS with a guy who worked in an auto-body shop. He had 4 garages the last time I checked in on him. He said that if he had it to do all over again; he'd have gone to college and gotten a desk job. He discussed some health issues he got from paint or something. Bless whomever has taken that trek of course....but the idea that nobody needs college is simply bullshit.

More than likely, that is on a case by case basis.

I went to HS with a guy who worked in an auto-body shop. He had 4 garages the last time I checked in on him. He said that if he had it to do all over again; he'd have gone to college and gotten a desk job. He discussed some health issues he got from paint or something. Bless whomever has taken that trek of course....but the idea that nobody needs college is simply bullshit.
I plan on finishing mine at 65 so I can sell watermelons on the side of the road.

I personally went down the trade route and it has served me well enough. My wife wanted the kids to get a university education, I had reservations about this regarding the costs involved, My daughter now has a bachelor's degree with honors in mechatronics. and is employed doing embedded chip programing for a company involved in military defense training equipment and hasn't looked back, my son has a year to go on a computer tech degree and should also have no problem finding well paid work , so I have come around to the fact that you cant beat a good education , It doesn't exclude you from becoming an entrepreneur further down the track if that's what spins your wheel

Me and my sister and brother all have College degrees only because not a day went by that our mother did not started with college degree college degree college degree...WTF!!!!!!!!!!

yep that's how it was.:mad:
Yep my dad was a.professor, same thing. College degrees are overrated. Most people with the couldn't find the US on a map

They are if you do an arts degree or decide to take a university position . you become a wage slave,
I agree.....but colleges have no standards.....some minority whines and basically they remove the F grade or dumb down the entire curriculum. There is nothing to be gained, it's just propaganda at this point.

I've known a lot of people in my working life that dumped school in favor of learning a trade, and ended up being very well off or millionaires.
Yes, the old “I know a guy” argument

I know a guy who dropped out of HS and ended up having six kids living in a trailer down by the river.

If you don’t have the initiative to finish HS and get educated you will be unlikely to be successful in life. The “I know a guy” stories are very rare. The failures in life are much more likely.

Nothing wrong with learning a trade. I have a son who became a Welder. But a trade is no guarantee of success any more than a college degree is a guarantee

All for what? To have a HUGE loan over your head in order to learn something that is completely useless to anyone but the colleges (to make money on), that you end up having to repay for the rest of your life? College is a SCAM.
A common myth among the uneducated. All degrees are worthless and most kids get degrees in philosophy or basket weaving.

Most college degrees are in Business, Healthcare, Education, STEM all of which lead to lucrative careers

I agree.....but colleges have no standards.....some minority whines and basically they remove the F grade or dumb down the entire curriculum. There is nothing to be gained, it's just propaganda at this point.
More misinformation about college

Graduating college is difficult. A third of all students never graduate

Me and my sister and brother all have College degrees only because not a day went by that our mother did not started with college degree college degree college degree...WTF!!!!!!!!!!

yep that's how it was.:mad:
Do you regret having received an education?

More misinformation about college

Graduating college is difficult. A third of all students never graduate
No, it's true. Colleges have dumbed down the curriculum and the test scores required to enter.......for guess who?
And why do lefties do this, becasue instead of educating people and bringing them up to your level, you lower the bar and standards.....which helps noone......

Don't believe me

The disadvantage is typically attributed to test preparation. There is substantial evidence that test prep can raise test scores, and even the College Board who administers the SAT test admits there are benefits associated with test prep. But high quality test prep can be expensive, and many can’t afford the fees associated with these tutoring classes. Beyond test preparation, high income students often have access to educational opportunities not available to low income students.

See, it's racist because people can't afford to take it
So in addition to real school subjects like math, science and instead of using our schools to teach political bullshit like global warming and trannies.......maybe use it to help kids prepare for the SAT and get them knowledgeable on those subjects

But instead you just dumb it down, can't lose that opportunity to propagandize to kids.........and then you blame racism

Forum List

Back