Who is Valerie Jarrett ?

Listening

Gold Member
Aug 27, 2011
Trying to figure out Valerie Jarrett’s mysterious hold on Barack and Michelle Obama is a favorite guessing game in the parlors and dining rooms of Washington. No other White House official in history has enjoyed such a unique relationship with both a president and a first lady, and yet the mainstream media have ignored Jarrett’s enormous influence over the shape and direction of the Obama administration.

Jarrett’s official title — senior adviser and assistant to the president for intergovernmental affairs and public engagement — doesn’t begin to do justice to her unrivaled status in the White House. She is Ground Zero in the Obama operation — the first couple’s first friend and consigliere, the last person to leave the Oval Office after meetings, and the only White House official who dines with the first family in their private quarters at night.

“Valerie is the quintessential insider,” one of her longtime friends told me during an interview for my book, The Amateur: Barack Obama in the White House. “She functions as the eyes, ears, and nose of the president and first lady. She tells them who’s saying what about who, who’s loyal and who’s not. She advises them about who they should see when they visit a city or a foreign country. She determines who gets invited to the White House and who is left out in the cold.”

In the White House pecking order, Jarrett has more clout than the president’s chief of staff. During the savage internecine warfare between Jarrett and Obama’s first two chiefs of staff — Rahm Emanuel and Bill Daley — Obama sided most of the time with Jarrett, a classic limousine liberal who believes that Obama was elected president in order to engineer social change. Ultimately, Jarrett emasculated Emanuel and Daley and forced them from their jobs

Read more: Who is Valerie Jarrett? | The Daily Caller

She needs to be looked at as hard as Obama because she has been in his ear from the start.

There is more to dig up on her....in time..

I'll just start it with this.

I should add that I am interested in more information on her.

I know she was big part of the campaign (or I should say I recall that). From that point on she has been a bit of a ghost or shadow.

Is she really as influential as this guy claims.

Last edited:
Valerie Jarrett is scary, she's a complete nut case that worked for Daley, she brought Michelle in to the "group".

Jarrett got her start in Chicago politics in 1987 working for Mayor Harold Washington[8] as Deputy Corporation Counsel for Finance and Development.[9]

Jarrett continued to work in the mayor's office in the 1990s. She was Deputy Chief of Staff for Mayor Richard Daley, during which time (1991) she hired Michelle Robinson, then engaged to Barack Obama, away from a private law firm. Jarrett served as Commissioner of the Department of Planning and Development from 1992 through 1995, and was Chair of the Chicago Transit Board from 1995 to 2005.[9]

Valerie Jarrett - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From the article:

She has also been responsible for much of the incompetence and amateurism that have been the hallmarks of Obama’s time in office. Indeed, Jarrett has been on the wrong side of practically every consequential issue to come across the president’s desk. Some examples of her bonehead advice:

● Though both Emanuel and political strategist David Axelrod warned Obama time and again that he didn’t have the votes to ram a comprehensive healthcare bill through Congress, Jarrett was among those who persuaded the president to ignore their advice and go for broke. The result: the hugely expensive, unworkable, unpopular, and probably unconstitutional program known as Obamacare.

● Emanuel tangled with Jarrett over her effort to put the prestige of the presidency behind Chicago’s bid for the 2016 Summer Olympics. Emanuel believed that Jarrett was working on behalf of her old boss, Mayor Daley, and his political cronies, who stood to benefit from the billions of dollars that would be spent on the Olympics. That idea seemed to be lost on the president, who went to Copenhagen to make an impassioned plea for the Olympics, and came back home with egg on his face.

:lol: Jarrett is most definitely NOT me...

Though both Emanuel and political strategist David Axelrod warned Obama time and again that he didn’t have the votes to ram a comprehensive healthcare bill through Congress, Jarrett was among those who persuaded the president to ignore their advice and go for broke. The result: the hugely expensive, unworkable, unpopular, and probably unconstitutional program known as Obamacare.

:eusa_think: Maybe I should start a club "Valeries for Mitt!"

Romney's Healthcare Fix

For more information, click here to visit Mitt Romney Central's health care page.
RomneyCare – The Truth about Massachusetts Health Care | Mitt Romney Central

Romney states that there is no easy fix for America's healthcare crisis. The healthcare crisis is so complicated and enormous, that there is no one simple change, or "magic bullet," that is going to easily solve our healthcare problem.

Romney states that "given the magnitude of the healthcare crisis America faces, small measures simply will not get the job done." What is needed is a fundamental restructuring of the healthcare market.

Unlike many Democrats, Romney believes in free market solutions to solve this problem. A government takeover of healthcare or more regulations of the healthcare industry will be counterproductive and inefficient.

Here is a list of items Romney discusses in a recent speech and in his book, No Apology, that will help ameliorate America's healthcare crisis:

Mitt Romney and Healthcare: Romney's Healthcare Fix

Mitt Romney health care presentation - The Washington Post

Romneycare Vs. Obamacare

For a more detailed summary, click here to visit Mitt Romney Central's health care page.
RomneyCare – The Truth about Massachusetts Health Care | Mitt Romney Central

A recent article in The New Yorker magazine states that "Romney had accomplished a longstanding Democratic goal - universal health insurance - by combining three conservative policies." In other words, Romney had beaten Democrats at their own goal of providing universal health insurance. But Romney's novel approach accomplished this goal not with a government takeover, but with conservative principles. The success of Romney's healthcare law led many Democrats to consider adopting a similar approach to achieving universal health insurance.

The article goes on to say that in 2006 when Romneycare was passed, "most conservatives praised Romney's plan." The Bush administration sent a letter praising the passage of the new law. An often overlooked fact is that without the support of the Bush administration, Romney's healthcare law never would have become a reality.

The Boston Globe editorial board recently published an article defending Romneycare on conservative grounds. The editorial board states "the role Romney played on the state level was skillful, creative, and business friendly. Romney was a governor sensitive to business concerns and worried about the state's business climate."

Mitt Romney and Healthcare: Romneycare Vs. Obamacare

http://www.usmessageboard.com/healt...repeal-obamacare-mitt-romney.html#post4929586

:lol: Jarrett is most definitely NOT me...

Though both Emanuel and political strategist David Axelrod warned Obama time and again that he didn’t have the votes to ram a comprehensive healthcare bill through Congress, Jarrett was among those who persuaded the president to ignore their advice and go for broke. The result: the hugely expensive, unworkable, unpopular, and probably unconstitutional program known as Obamacare.

Praise the Lord!! Amen!!!

Jarrett is the one who stuck it to the poor in Chicago.
She should be arrested for what she did.
Valerie Jarrett and the Habitat Company? | ATLAH Media Network

I had seen her refered to as a slumlord but did know why.

Here is from your article......

•”Habitat Has Earned $6.8 Million In Fees And $10.8 Million In Administrative Expenses Since The Plan Started In 2000, According To The U.S. Department Of Housing And Urban Development.” (Jason Grotto and Laurie Cohen, “Obama Adviser Shapes City Housing Policy,” Chicago Tribune, 7/5/08)
“Jarrett Is The Chief Executive Of Habitat Co., Which Managed Grove Parc Plaza From 2001 Until This Winter And Co-Managed An Even Larger Subsidized Complex In Chicago That Was Seized By The Federal Government In 2006, After City Inspectors Found Widespread Problems.” (Binyamin Appelbaum, “Grim Proving Ground For Obama’s Housing Policy,” The Boston Globe, 6/27/08)

So it seems the Obama's top advisors are not against making big fees...but it's wrong for Bain.

Hhhhmmmmm.......

Needs some more information.

yep, she's another Chicago thug highly underqualified to work in high levels of government. She fits right in.

I know you guys are just going to keep making threads on Ed Klein's claims of insider knowledge of the White House, but his entire book is nonsense.

You guys know that, right?

A little more......

Jarrett gave her stamp of approval for the $535 million taxpayer-funded loan guarantee to Solyndra, the California solar company that went belly up. Jarrett had close ties to the George Kaiser Family Foundation, which controlled 35.7 percent of Solyndra. The foundation had made a sizable donation to the University of Chicago Medical Center, where Jarrett once served as chairwoman and where one of Obama’s best friends, Eric Whitaker, is currently executive vice president.

I know you guys are just going to keep making threads on Ed Klein's claims of insider knowledge of the White House, but his entire book is nonsense.

You guys know that, right?

By all means, enlighten us.

An Ed Klein "unauthorized" biography is about as respectable as a Kitty Kelley biography. It's all anonymous sources and pseudo-psychological nonsense.

I know how much you guys WANT to believe every word of "The Amateur".

But "wanting" doesn't make things true.

I haven't read a word of it.

We are discussing Valarie Jarrett on this thread.

Was there something you wanted to add or contradict ?

Forum List

Back