Who Is This?

Ok, so it aint Freddy Mercury....it aint Elton John (too tall unless that barricade is a foot off of the ground), hair is too dark for David Gilmour...

DING, DING, DING!

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Yes, that Sta-puff marshmallow looking fellow is none other than Greg Lake. My brother and I saw Emerson/Lake last night at a small venue. Just the two of them the place held maybe 1000 people if that. Very different concert . . . they told how each song came about or talked about The Nice or King Crimson, talked about how they found inspiration for songs, had a little Q&A from the audience. A very, very 'connected with the audience' type show. We were 22 rows back. And yes, that's Keith's moog. The thing is archaic but the sound . . . God, it just brings you back. I was uber, uber, uber disappointed that I didn't catch a pic of Keith . . . they got off their bus just before I had a chance to snap Keith's pic and only got the one of Greg. No pics, no videos inside either. But the show was excellent. Lake's voice is still there . . . older and a bit worn but he sounded great. Keith . . . despite many surgeries still blows it out of the water. He is phenomenal.

Ok, so it aint Freddy Mercury....it aint Elton John (too tall unless that barricade is a foot off of the ground), hair is too dark for David Gilmour...

Freddy Mercury has been dead for quite awhile . . . .hasn't he? :eek: Glad it wasn't him then!

Him. Yes, he has been feeding.

They did one encore and it was Lucky Man. Lake got his first guitar when he was 12, started taking lessons. He wrote Lucky Man when he was around 15. He never wrote the words down, just had them in his head. It was just a folky kind of a song. When they were finishing their first album they had room for one more track. Greg played Lucky Man for Keith . . . Keith was not overly impressed. They only had a day or so to get the track down, didn't really want to put Lucky Man on as it was so different from the rest of the album but they had nothing else and no time to do anything else, so Keith started playing around with the song and the moog. He went through the song a few times experimenting with different things before they were going to do the final track. Unknown to him, Greg pressed the 'record' button and what you hear on Lucky Man is Keith experimenting with the moog.

That was one of the stories they told last night. Fantastic show.

Last edited:

DING, DING, DING!

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Yes, that Sta-puff marshmallow looking fellow is none other than Greg Lake. My brother and I saw Emerson/Lake last night at a small venue. Just the two of them the place held maybe 1000 people if that. Very different concert . . . they told how each song came about or talked about The Nice or King Crimson, talked about how they found inspiration for songs, had a little Q&A from the audience. A very, very 'connected with the audience' type show. We were 22 rows back. And yes, that's Keith's moog. The thing is archaic but the sound . . . God, it just brings you back. I was uber, uber, uber disappointed that I didn't catch a pic of Keith . . . they got off their bus just before I had a chance to snap Keith's pic and only got the one of Greg. No pics, no videos inside either. But the show was excellent. Lake's voice is still there . . . older and a bit worn but he sounded great. Keith . . . despite many surgeries still blows it out of the water. He is phenomenal.

You have got to be kidding me. I would never have guessed that was Greg Lake. I must now listen to some ELP!

Forum List

Back