A Bitter Sweet Mothers Day

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
This Sunday will be a different Mothers Day for my family and me. It's the first one without our dear mother, Sue. She passed away right before Christmas, and has been greatly missed by all of us.

I am blessed and thankful for my daughter, and grateful for what a wonderful person she is turning into. She's a 14 year old, and doesn't give me any grief or worries, and she's healthy and happy, which is all a mother can ask for.

Yet I miss my mom so much, we all do. She and my daughter were very close too, she was like a second parent to her.

So this Sunday instead of taking mom out to brunch, we will visit her grave, bring her flowers, and talk to her there.

Happy Mothers Day Mom, I love you.

*And a Happy Mothers Day to all of you mothers out there, and for you sons and daughters, go give your mom a great big hug!

i wished i could say that feeling will pass..it wont...my father passed over 28 years ago....father's day still sucks

I know the feeling. My dad passed away when I was 22. Our family would go camping on Fathers Day weekend every year after he died in his memory.

Happy Mother's Day to you, Zules, and to your mother.

And to all of the other mothers out there.

group-gorgeous.jpg

Nice post. It should make everyone that still has their mother alive realize that one day they may be in your shoes, and to not let the day pass without at least a phone-call home.

I doubt that when my mother passes away I'll be able to visit her grave very often, even if it was convenient. I'm just not very good with the dead since 1996 when I was in Bosnia.

1-800-FLOWERS.

God rest your Mom, Echo. And God grant you and yours peace.

Pop died suddenly two years ago Easter Sunday. This month, I'm adding a new roof and front porch to my home. Pop was always intrigued and delighted by my renovations. This just rings hollow without him. I still find myself wanting to drop by or call him up just to chew the fat. I wish it was otherwise and now I realize this feeling will never really stop.

Happy Mother's Day to all the USMB Moms!

This Sunday will be a different Mothers Day for my family and me. It's the first one without our dear mother, Sue. She passed away right before Christmas, and has been greatly missed by all of us.

I am blessed and thankful for my daughter, and grateful for what a wonderful person she is turning into. She's a 14 year old, and doesn't give me any grief or worries, and she's healthy and happy, which is all a mother can ask for.

Yet I miss my mom so much, we all do. She and my daughter were very close too, she was like a second parent to her.

So this Sunday instead of taking mom out to brunch, we will visit her grave, bring her flowers, and talk to her there.

*And a Happy Mothers Day to all of you mothers out there, and for you sons and daughters, go give your mom a great big hug!

Hey Echo, I am so sorry for your loss. I lost mine 20 years ago. You will always miss her. But you know what? You should celebrate YOUR motherhood and your wonderful daughter on Sunday. Someday she is gonna make you a grandma! Life just keeps on rollin. Bless you and your family.. and little man too.

I am sorry Echo, I am sure it is really hard. I am also sure your mother knew how much she was loved.
This year I do have to say I am extra thankful I have my mother still, and do not want to think about what I would do without her.

My mother is still alive but my real mother was my Dad who died when I was 13 years old. He use to roll my hair, cook and do everything. The tears slow way down after years pass and you smile more thinking of all the happy times but you will always feel a big empty hole inside you.

I'm sure your Mother Echo would want you to enjoy the day with your Daughter, to do something special with her to honor your Mother. After all you're a mother and what do you want for your daughter? Yes, to be happy, not sad, to not worry, to be able to live a happy life without all the road bumps we had.

So sorry to hear of your loss. The first couple of years its so hard to feel anything but pain on these special days. Take your daugther to lunch after you go visit her grave. Share a dessert your Mom loved. Show her the path forward after a loved one dies. Even going through the motions will help you more than you think. None of us get out of this thing alive and the pain is natural and our eventual acceptance of the new reality is best when shared. I hope you can smile a couple of times on sunday , your Mother would no doubt love to see you both smile.

My deepest condolences.

I am sorry Echo, I am sure it is really hard. I am also sure your mother knew how much she was loved.
This year I do have to say I am extra thankful I have my mother still, and do not want to think about what I would do without her.
You go on, but it's just very, very different. For me, not in a good way. Yet.

*hugs* I'm sorry for your loss, mo chara.

I sent my mom flowers for the UK's mother's day a while ago. But your post made me stop and think.... So I just ordered some stuff from Hotel la Chocolat for her for the US mother's day. She's worth a double tap!

That plan on bringing flowers is shared here. It's been 6 years and I still miss her so dearly!

Now you've got me crying! :(

Very nice post.

Echo Zulu, how I feel the pain of your loss, my sweetheart. I, just today, placed an order for a floral arrangement with a florist in a distant state where my dear and loving Mom was laid to rest, just two years ago. It will be taken to her gravesite tomorrow, with a card that brought me to tears as I could only hauntingly and barely whisper the love it contained: "Mommy, your selfless and eternal love guides my every day. Thank you my darling."

She brought such love and acceptance to my brother's and my lives. She was our rock, unconditionally, as only a Mother's love can be. I am sure you feel the same for your Mom.

Time does help, Echo, in ways, unexpected. We often become better and stronger, as the result of our newly experienced orphanhood. Nature makes no mistakes. You and she, loved for a long time and still, though a new but calm silence remains....

I miss thee, my Mother! Thy image is still
The deepest impressed on my heart.
~Eliza Cook

Aqua*

New Topics

Forum List

Back