Who is Accountable for Mall Brawls?

LeftofLeft

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2011
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/27/us/mall-fights-brawls.html?_r=0

Boredom is supposedly the culprit. Teenagers are allegedly bored so they gather in mobs, go to shopping malls and infringe on the rights of shoppers and business owners by engaging in fights and violence. Mall owners and management have come up with a solution to bar youths under the age of 18 from entering without an adult during certain hours. However, some view this as discriminatory and/or racist.

Those calling the mall curfew racist, what is your solution to prevent the violence and how are you going to protect the rights of shoppers and business owners?

Boredom is supposedly the culprit. Teenagers are allegedly bored so they gather in mobs, go to shopping malls and infringe on the rights of shoppers and business owners by engaging in fights and violence. Mall owners and management have come up with a solution to bar youths under the age of 18 from entering without an adult during certain hours. However, some view this as discriminatory and/or racist.

Those calling the mall curfew racist, what is your solution to prevent the violence and how are you going to protect the rights of shoppers and business owners?

I don't see why that would be considered discriminatory if they are minors. :dunno: The mall is not a babysitter.

black thugs

I don't know. I guess if your kid goes and does some shopping and is well behaved, then you might be upset about these kind of rules. It's probably the minority of kids who rampage at the mall. I'm sure most of them (especially the girls) are there for the shopping. :)

Trace the social media footprint back to square one and hit them up with it....Including all financial loss

black thugs
yep no racism here

Political correctness. Only the trouble making groups should be banned. Innocent kids shouldn't have to suffer due to the acts of thugs.

I don't know. I guess if your kid goes and does some shopping and is well behaved, then you might be upset about these kind of rules. It's probably the minority of kids who rampage at the mall. I'm sure most of them (especially the girls) are there for the shopping. :)
As a parent. I knew the boys and girls go to the mall to meet the opposite sex. If I had a teenage girl going to the mall right now, I would go with her to make sure she would be safe. If they can't take a parent, then get another adult.

As a parent. I knew the boys and girls go to the mall to meet the opposite sex. If I had a teenage girl going to the mall right now, I would go with her to make sure she would be safe. If they can't take a parent, then get another adult.

Until what age are you going to hold their hands though? I'm thinking these are probably 15-18 year old teens.

Until what age are you going to hold their hands though? I'm thinking these are probably 15-18 year old teens.
Until this mayhem is eliminated, I would have no problem with accompanying my teenager.

Don't you want your children mingling with the opposite sex? They will be socially inept if you don't allow them to be independent sometimes. You teach them values and then you have to let them go.

Until you are no longer worried about seeing them in cuffs.

Well, when you coddle your children and don't let go of the apron strings, they tend to rebel. Psychology 101. They need to be away from their parents and develop their own social skills.

Don't you want your children mingling with the opposite sex? They will be socially inept if you don't allow them to be independent sometimes. You teach them values and then you have to let them go.
I understand what you are saying, but the malls right now are dangerous for kids. Until it is a safe place, I will go to make sure all is well. I favor banning teenagers going without an adult.

Forum List

Back