Who here has had chickenpox?

Shingles is extremely painful. I was given the shingles vaccine years ago but protection doesn't last forever.

It was suggested I get the Vaccination but I found out my Insurance does not cover and the cost was prohibitive at the time... I didn't know that the protection doesn't last forever either...
I had the pharmacy check on that today. My ins. is covering it 100%... no copay.

I’ve never had the vaccine either. My mother got shingles without the vaccine. She ended up going to the emergency room because it hit her so severely.
Shingrix is a new vaccine that the GF and pharmacist said was very effective. I can only hope they’re right.
Seems like you are planning on getting the vaccination. Probably a good choice. Some of the posters seem to be anti-vaccine. I suppose vaccines are not the best choice for everyone.

I’ve never had the vaccine either. My mother got shingles without the vaccine. She ended up going to the emergency room because it hit her so severely.
Shingrix is a new vaccine that the GF and pharmacist said was very effective. I can only hope they’re right.
Seems like you are planning on getting the vaccination. Probably a good choice. Some of the posters seem to be anti-vaccine. I suppose vaccines are not the best choice for everyone.

Some of them new vaccines they're pushing, give people the actual shit.

Bitch, I got a smallpox vaccine. :fu:

I’ve been tested and vaccinated for all sorts of stuff. lol
I have to get the flu vaccine every year because I work in a hospital.

I am presently doing a regimen of medication for another medical issue, but this will end in Aug... I will more than likely get the Vaccination at that time... Shingles is something I don't think I want to experience...

I am presently doing a regimen of medication for another medical issue, but this will end in Aug... I will more than likely get the Vaccination at that time... Shingles is something I don't think I want to experience...
That was my thought when I learned I was at risk. I’ve heard it can be bad.

My understanding is that it is usually worse the older you are.

After learning I had chickenpox when I was kid, the GF wrote me a prescription for this stuff called shingrix. It’s a vaccination for shingles.
I later talked to a pharmacist who said it’s a good idea to get the shots.

I’ve heard some really bad things about shingles, but had no idea I was at risk of getting it.

I had no idea there was a vaccine or I damn sure would have got it knowing what I know now.

I also heard that.

This all came about when my dad mentioned the time I had chickenpox.
A few days later, the GF handed me a prescription and explained why I need to get vaccinated.

After learning I had chickenpox when I was kid, the GF wrote me a prescription for this stuff called shingrix. It’s a vaccination for shingles.

I’ve heard some really bad things about shingles, but had no idea I was at risk of getting it.

I had no idea there was a vaccine or I damn sure would have got it knowing what I know now.
It’s why I started this thread.

Like you, I didn’t know about this.

I was around thirty when it got me.
Out in the boat doing some bass fishing and all of a sudden I felt like I had food poisoning and then some.
Nausea,dizziness and just basically feeling like crap.
The thick black scabs showed up a few days later on my right upper back.
The shit lasted for around two months.

I guess the question now is do you take your chances or get the vaccine that may have caused the outbreak in the first place?

Mine hit me at around thirty,while it sucked royally I've felt worse.
My Uncle got them around his mid sixties and he was well and truly fucked.

I guess the question now is do you take your chances or get the vaccine that may have caused the outbreak in the first place?
I’m good with taking calculated chances.

My sister was given the shingles shot, and it actually gave her the shingles. She wishes she never had the shot.
I’ve heard people say that about the flu vaccine. Every medical person I’ve talked with says it’s BS.

I’ll be getting the shots. :)

Forum List

Back