Who here has had chickenpox?

:desk: I had chicken pox. Yes, I knew that the dormant virus in the body can activate and cause shingles.

There is a vaccine for shingles.

After learning I had chickenpox when I was kid, the GF wrote me a prescription for this stuff called shingrix. It’s a vaccination for shingles.
I later talked to a pharmacist who said it’s a good idea to get the shots.

I’ve heard some really bad things about shingles, but had no idea I was at risk of getting it.

Did you know it can lead to shingles later in life? I didn’t.

Yes----I had chicken pox age five. I was covered with POPS all over------even on my scalp -------I developed a very mild case of shingles in my mid-forties. Hubby had a really miserable case of shingles about age ?? ---almost 70. The chicken pop virus lives in the nerves-----FOREVER.
If you develop POPS----go to a doctor-----there is a sorta
treatment-----an antiviral that helps a little ---maybe

My sister was given the shingles shot, and it actually gave her the shingles. She wishes she never had the shot.

I had chickenpox as a child and got a really bad case of shingles last year at age 77. Shingles is extremely painful. I was given the shingles vaccine years ago but protection doesn't last forever.

I’ve never had the vaccine either. My mother got shingles without the vaccine. She ended up going to the emergency room because it hit her so severely.

Did you know it can lead to shingles later in life? I didn’t.

Yes----I had chicken pox age five. I was covered with POPS all over------even on my scalp -------I developed a very mild case of shingles in my mid-forties. Hubby had a really miserable case of shingles about age ?? ---almost 70. The chicken pop virus lives in the nerves-----FOREVER.
If you develop POPS----go to a doctor-----there is a sorta
treatment-----an antiviral that helps a little ---maybe
I was also 5 when I had the chickenpox.

Shingles is extremely painful. I was given the shingles vaccine years ago but protection doesn't last forever.

It was suggested I get the Vaccination but I found out my Insurance does not cover and the cost was prohibitive at the time... I didn't know that the protection doesn't last forever either...

I’ve never had the vaccine either. My mother got shingles without the vaccine. She ended up going to the emergency room because it hit her so severely.
Shingrix is a new vaccine that the GF and pharmacist said was very effective. I can only hope they’re right.

Forum List

Back