Who gets to decide when and how we die?

Killing is permanent and severe harm. Always.

That can’t be gussied up.

Not allowing someone to get legally murdered is not “forcing them to live.” They are alive and that isn’t a bad thing nor the fault of others, other than arguably their parents, but still not a bad thing to be concerned about FAULT with.
answer the question.

What is doing more harm, ignoring the pain and suffering of a terminally ill person or helping that person end his suffering?

If I give you permission and request you shoot me in the face, and you do, the police will arrest you and put you in prison for murder.

Permission is irrelevant. You are not allowed to attack me. You are only allowed to use force like that in self-defense.

Not the same thing.

providing a medical end to suffering is nothing like shooting a person in the face.

If my wife was dying and in excruciating pain I would help her end her suffering if she asked me to. You would watch a loved one suffer and it seems like you would enjoy it.

Yes, my mom suffered what was sometimes attributed to Alzheimer's, more often dementia.
Both remain very common. What about it? You're clearly familiar with the meaning of "palliative care" yet still offer the care provider nothing.
Offer nothing?

What do you want “offered?” Clearly you either wish you had been able to kill your mother… or you actually killed your mother. That shouldn’t be on “offer.”

THAT'S FUCKING MURDER!!!
Yes, you were absolutely talking about intentionally giving the terminally ill patient a lethal dose of something to end their life. And yes, that is a premeditated homicide and it should be criminalized as murder in any civilized jurisdiction.

Nope, people clearly never need any help dying.
They don’t.

Then, to cap it off, you suggest I kill myself.
Wow. Such an asshole! What a jerk!
Amazing that such a piece of shit as you thinks he can throw stones like this.

Projection.

answer the question.

What is doing more harm, ignoring the pain and suffering of a terminally ill person or helping that person end his suffering?

The murder is more harm. Your victim is dead, this is a permanent and irreversible harm and you have proven yourself to be dangerous with no respect for the lives and rights of others so your life and freedom should be forfeit.

The murder is more harm. Your victim is dead, this is a permanent and irreversible harm and you have proven yourself to be dangerous with no respect for the lives and rights of others so your life and freedom should be forfeit.
It is a decision made by a person to end his suffering. Every single person has the absolute right to decide if they live or die. It's none of your business.

What do you want “offered?” Clearly you either wish you had been able to kill your mother… or you actually killed your mother. That shouldn’t be on “offer.”
How about "Let her die"? Sooner! Not just me. Doctors, nurses. You too!

Husband gone. Big empty house. Confused. Depressed. Waiting to die. Moaning. Saying explicitly, "I just want to die" -- at least eight years. Moved herself into an "Assisted Living" facility. Insisted she get rid of her cat after approving it initially. Mysteriously disappeared into their dumpster one day. Then more expensive assisted living..

Finally, mercifully, bedridden. "On hospice" for two more years. Special bed and chair. Hoyer lift. Seen by multiple nurses per week. A doctor every two. Oops, legally? Nothing anyone can do! Throw money at it! Put her in "assisted living" to be neglected and abused by strangers at a premium! Then allow a "nursing home" to take whatever's left of her real estate and life savings!

But we can provide a little morphine, eventually..
Even that took months. A sick system, yet better than most States at the time. No problem if she were a horse or a dog, right? Nope, no shooting in the head for you! No taking you to be put to sleep! SUFFER!

Throw stones? By feeding you your own words back? Who's projecting? Try growing up!
"Nope, people clearly never need any help dying."
They don’t.
Bullshit.

It is a decision made by a person to end his suffering. Every single person has the absolute right to decide if they live or die. It's none of your business.
While there are people I care about who I definitely would not want to kill themselves, in general I do not care if some rando wants to kill themselves and see no reason to legally impede them, though arguably it may be valid to do if they are insane.

Being accepting of legalizing suicide does not mean being accepting of legalizing murder though.

How about "Let her die"? Sooner! Not just me. Doctors, nurses. You too!

Husband gone. Big empty house. Confused. Depressed. Waiting to die. Moaning. Saying explicitly, "I just want to die" -- at least eight years. Moved herself into an "Assisted Living" facility. Insisted she get rid of her cat after approving it initially. Mysteriously disappeared into their dumpster one day. Then more expensive assisted living..

Finally, mercifully, bedridden. "On hospice" for two more years. Special bed and chair. Hoyer lift. Seen by multiple nurses per week. A doctor every two. Oops, legally? Nothing anyone can do! Throw money at it! Put her in "assisted living" to be neglected and abused by strangers at a premium! Then allow a "nursing home" to take whatever's left of her real estate and life savings!

But we can provide a little morphine, eventually..
Even that took months. A sick system, yet better than most States at the time. No problem if she were a horse or a dog, right? Nope, no shooting in the head for you! No taking you to be put to sleep! SUFFER!

Throw stones? By feeding you your own words back? Who's projecting? Try growing up!
"Nope, people clearly never need any help dying."

Bullshit.
Okay, so yes, you are butthurt that your mother lived longer than you would have preferred and wish you could have legally killed her sooner.

While I am sympathetic to any family members of an Alzheimer’s patient, you exhaust my sympathy very quickly and gain my contempt instantly when you opine, as you do, that we should just kill the terminally ill.

While there are people I care about who I definitely would not want to kill themselves, in general I do not care if some rando wants to kill themselves and see no reason to legally impede them, though arguably it may be valid to do if they are insane.

Being accepting of legalizing suicide does not mean being accepting of legalizing murder though.
Suicide is not a crime in this country.

Forum List

Back