Who gets screwed with the new tax cut?

Good point. And it's a hole in their theory of doing things.

You can use quotes all you want, but I dont think all businesses are bad. I'm in favor of capitalism as I'm a small businessman myself.

I just know that money in large sums = power in large sums ...and it gets used to screw the little guy.

You can use quotes all you want, but I dont think all businesses are bad. I'm in favor of capitalism as I'm a small businessman myself.

I just know that money in large sums = power in large sums ...and it gets used to screw the little guy.

Actually, it puts a hole in your theory.

and the little guys are screwed by the government, not by businesses comprised of fellow people providing goods and services to them.

Last edited:

Such will only happen if there were a monopoly.....possibly in a scenario of an oligopoly, but even there, the market dictates what happens.

Please offer me an example where the little guy is hurt by the big bad corporation? Now, before you answer, be careful...I am not referring to how the little guy was hurt becuase he made a bad decision as it pertains to using the servicve of a big bad coproration. Tell me of the little guy having no choice but to be hurt by the big bad corporation.

Please offer me an example where the little guy is hurt by the big bad corporation? Now, before you answer, be careful...I am not referring to how the little guy was hurt becuase he made a bad decision as it pertains to using the servicve of a big bad coproration. Tell me of the little guy having no choice but to be hurt by the big bad corporation.

1. Big Agra (pretty much a monopoly) Production practices kill people
2. Meat industry (also pretty much a monopoly) Production practices also kill people
3. Big pharma

2. Meat industry (also pretty much a monopoly) Production practices also kill people
3. Big pharma

Please explain what you mean when you say "production practices kill people"
Big Pharma does not hurt the little guy....generics are there keeping it cost effective.

Big Pharma does not hurt the little guy....generics are there keeping it cost effective.

You're kidding me, right? Instead of researching drugs that cure disease, they are making a killing making "maintenance" drugs you have to take for the rest of your life and then they put commercials on TV so that the sheeple will bug their doctors for it. And how about drug companies rushing through profitable drugs while witholding studies where there are horrific side effects (and death)?

As for big agra and the meat industry... really? Are you really going to ask this question with a straight face? What with all the tainted vegetables, irradiating meat so that they can speed up the lines and splash more shit in it, carcinogenic pesticides, Monsanto trying to control the entire seed catalog and trying to wipe out sustainable, local organic farmers... really? And seeing as how they process more than 90% of the food supply and the drugs available, what choice do consumers really have? Almost none.

Last edited:
Oh, and the meat and big agra industries actually IMPORT tens of thousands of illegals to work for peanuts while denying them any benefits. The meat industry is now the most dangerous in this country. What used to be a well-paid skilled job is now filled with people who can, many times, not even read or write. And when they get hurt, too effin' bad. These companies usually keep 2 sets of injury logs and only report the most obvious injuries - like amputations. You should pick up "Fast Food Nation". Interesting read.

Last edited:

3. Big pharma

How do production practices kill people?

Not a big fan of farming?

You're kidding me, right? Instead of researching drugs that cure disease, they are making a killing making "maintenance" drugs you have to take for the rest of your life and then they put commercials on TV so that the sheeple will bug their doctors for it. And how about drug companies rushing through profitable drugs while witholding studies where there are horrific side effects (and death)?

As for big agra and the meat industry... really? Are you really going to ask this question with a straight face? What with all the tainted vegetables, irradiating meat so that they can speed up the lines and splash more shit in it, carcinogenic pesticides, Monsanto trying to control the entire seed catalog and trying to wipe out sustainable, local organic farmers... really? And seeing as how they process more than 90% of the food supply and the drugs available, what choice do consumers really have? Almost none.

Tainted meat and veggies? Making accusations is easy. Proving them is a totally different matter.

Personally, I like eating.

As for pharmacueticals. you do realize that not everything can be cured in an instant don't you? You also realize that the heavy regulation from the Federal Government and concerns about potential lawsuits artificially jack up the prices for research and such don't you?

I love farming. Sustainable, local real farming. I do not love chemical-based monoculture that is not in place to feed people, but to create profits for shareholders. I do not love tasteless, low in nutrition, covered with pesticides food. In fact, I am in the process of starting an organic farm.

So why didn't Opie Dope and the liberal congress address this issue in the past two years? Oh thats right, they were busy passing another trillion dollar boondoggle know as opiedopecare.

They would basically have to fire all the regulators because they are, generally, in bed with and on the board of the very industries that they are supposed to regulate. Mega-corporations have a very dangerous stranglehold over our government and until we do something about that, nothing will ever change, no matter what party is in power.

Yeah those totally evil companies. Producing those chemicals that provide more food at cheaper rates for everyone and provide us medications to keep us from dying at young ages.

Who wants to live forever?

I love farming. Sustainable, local real farming. I do not love chemical-based monoculture that is not in place to feed people, but to create profits for shareholders. I do not love tasteless, low in nutrition, covered with pesticides food. In fact, I am in the process of starting an organic farm.

Sustainable, local, farming is less effective, more costly, and more dangerous than agri-business. The reason liberals love it is it will kill more people than using those chemicals you hate.

The TRUTH is the Democrats knew that they had to get something passed as soon as possible.
Why?
GWB's tax cuts had no effect on the middle/working class -- where's the need to extend them?
There's no political risk involved in not extending a tax cut that doesn't benefit the huge majority of people.

Once the Republicans take control of the house, it's "fuck America".
Do you think vulgarities somehow add strength to your point?
People who find a need to swear do so only to cover their lack of substance.

Last edited:

Sustainable, local, farming is less effective, more costly, and more dangerous than agri-business. The reason liberals love it is it will kill more people than using those chemicals you hate.
Indeed. If not for agribusiness, there would be far fewer, far hungrier people than there are now.

And - I LOVE the swipe at 'for profit' farming - as if "profit" is a dirty word.
I wonder how many people realize how little they would have if it were not for 'profit'.

Forum List

Back