Who gets screwed with the new tax cut?

The TRUTH is the Democrats knew that they had to get something passed as soon as possible. Once the Republicans take control of the house, it's "fuck America". This is why Obama didn't fight tax breaks for those making over a million a year. Anytime the middle class is losing money, Republican's Masters are getting it. It has to be somewhere.

You guys know the Republican leadership can barely stand to say the words, "Middle Class". What have Republicans done for the Middle Class in 20 years? That Bush tax break had 52% going to 1% of the country. The other 48% was "payoff" so the rest of America wouldn't squawk.

That "tax cut" turned out to be the greatest redistribution of wealth from the middle class to the top 1% in the history of the world. Remember, the rich can always "leave" and move that money "elsewhere". The middle class is stuck with the bill, Republicans made sure of that.

The truth is the Democrats hated this whole thing. The truth is they would rather have let taxes go up for everyone than not raise taxes on the rich. The truth is Obama is incapable of taking a position based on principles and holding to it regardless of the cost. The truth is that the payroll tax holiday is an idea that the Democrats like because it sounds like it helps everyone, puts money into the economy, and gives them a good feeling, when it actually hurts the poor whom they despise.

what a crock quantum....I call bulloney and obvious FAUX OUTRAGE on your part! ;)

it's the middle class being raked with taxes, and the SS tax cut benefits them more.....the poor ALREADY do not pay income taxes, nor a good deal of their SS taxes, with the Earned Income credit many get and already can qualify for medicaid, food stamps, or TANF etc....

so if the 2% break in SS taxes helps the middle class or even upper middle class more than the $400 STIMULUS BILL tax credit per individual, then GOOD!

Seems to me the wealthiest are just up set and playing class warfare, that they are not getting the benefit of this SS tax break, to the full extent of what they earn since SS tax is up to ONLY 105k and they earn much much more than such, and there's the many who do not pay SS taxes at all.

whatever the reason for this silly 'whine' it is falling short, imho and I haven't figured out why you even started a thread like this quantum?

BESIDES the fact that SS tax revenues are in a Surplus state....i'd rather see SS surplus revenues go back to the people who PAID THEM than to see SS surplus monies pay for what income tax revenues should be paying....

oh, and i thought you rightwingers were against the obama stimulus? now you are praising his tax cuts in the stimulus? huh?

The TRUTH is the Democrats knew that they had to get something passed as soon as possible. Once the Republicans take control of the house, it's "fuck America". This is why Obama didn't fight tax breaks for those making over a million a year. Anytime the middle class is losing money, Republican's Masters are getting it. It has to be somewhere.

You guys know the Republican leadership can barely stand to say the words, "Middle Class". What have Republicans done for the Middle Class in 20 years? That Bush tax break had 52% going to 1% of the country. The other 48% was "payoff" so the rest of America wouldn't squawk.

That "tax cut" turned out to be the greatest redistribution of wealth from the middle class to the top 1% in the history of the world. Remember, the rich can always "leave" and move that money "elsewhere". The middle class is stuck with the bill, Republicans made sure of that.

The truth is the Democrats hated this whole thing. The truth is they would rather have let taxes go up for everyone than not raise taxes on the rich. The truth is Obama is incapable of taking a position based on principles and holding to it regardless of the cost. The truth is that the payroll tax holiday is an idea that the Democrats like because it sounds like it helps everyone, puts money into the economy, and gives them a good feeling, when it actually hurts the poor whom they despise.

what a crock quantum....I call bulloney and obvious FAUX OUTRAGE on your part! ;)

it's the middle class being raked with taxes, and the SS tax cut benefits them more.....the poor ALREADY do not pay income taxes, nor a good deal of their SS taxes, with the Earned Income credit many get and already can qualify for medicaid, food stamps, or TANF etc....

so if the 2% break in SS taxes helps the middle class or even upper middle class more than the $400 STIMULUS BILL tax credit per individual, then GOOD!

Seems to me the wealthiest are just up set and playing class warfare, that they are not getting the benefit of this SS tax break, to the full extent of what they earn since SS tax is up to ONLY 105k and they earn much much more than such, and there's the many who do not pay SS taxes at all.

whatever the reason for this silly 'whine' it is falling short, imho and I haven't figured out why you even started a thread like this quantum?

BESIDES the fact that SS tax revenues are in a Surplus state....i'd rather see SS surplus revenues go back to the people who PAID THEM than to see SS surplus monies pay for what income tax revenues should be paying....

oh, and i thought you rightwingers were against the obama stimulus? now you are praising his tax cuts in the stimulus? huh?

My outrage over rdean is anything but faux.

Social Security does not have a surplus, and will actually pay out more money this year than it takes in. The trust fund has been raided to pay down the deficit for decades, and no longer exists. Cutting payments into a system that is already short of funds makes almost as much sense as jumping off the empire State Building without a parachute.

Please show me anywhere I praised tax cuts when we are dealing with a massive deficit. I am pretty sure I have been continually on record that we need to cut spending, not taxes.

On what planet is not taking money from anyone, let alone not giving it to anyone, consistute redistribution of wealth? You aren't redistributing it if it remains with the original source.

But I guess you don't really care about accuracy do you?

You really need to fight this corruption in you. Until you do, you will have no credibility and will remain as miserable as you are right now.

We all get screwed. Our taxes are way too high because our government is way too big.

I always find it amazing that those who complain that we can't afford to let people keep what they earn, are the first ones you call for spending more of it in huge cash draining entitlements.

I can guarentee you that almost everyone complaining about the people keeping more of their money had no problem with voting to destroy our health care system with this uncontrolled and questionable costing Obamacare bill.

Though often I lean liberal, I can't escape the conservative reasoning that the money in the "tax cut" wasn't the government's to begin with. Giving people back the money they shouldn't have had to pay in in the first place isn't spending.

Now I'm not going to drink the Kool-Aid about the Flat tax...but I do want smaller government and people to pay less taxes.

The fiscal party just cant stand anything getting paid for by the people who use it.

I really think Norquist told the real truth of the republican partys feelings, they wnat to kill the US government.

The fiscal party just cant stand anything getting paid for by the people who use it.

I really think Norquist told the real truth of the republican partys feelings, they wnat to kill the US government.

So when exactly do welfare recipiants pay for the money they recieve?

Heck, when do any poor people pay for any program?

Disagree all you want on policy, but no honest person can say the poor pay for the programs they use.

Though often I lean liberal, I can't escape the conservative reasoning that the money in the "tax cut" wasn't the government's to begin with. Giving people back the money they shouldn't have had to pay in in the first place isn't spending.

Now I'm not going to drink the Kool-Aid about the Flat tax...but I do want smaller government and people to pay less taxes.

I don't think a flat tax is the answer either. We should just eliminate all the loopholes, credits, and whatever other things are buried in the tax code, and treat taxes as a revenue stream for the government. Taxes should not be used to make policy. After we do that we can talk about a flat tax, or even the VAT.

Disagree all you want on policy, but no honest person can say the poor pay for the programs they use.

Hence.. TM.

Hence.. TM.

Yeah, but calling her a liar won't change her behavior. She has to see the misstruth in her life and fix it herself. I only pray she does.

Hence.. TM.

Yeah, but calling her a liar won't change her behavior. She has to see the misstruth in her life and fix it herself. I only pray she does.

She doesnt really lie. Instead, she simply regurgitates what she hears from her far lefdt wing bloggers and commentators. Never conducting a little research to confirm or deny the valididty of what she hears.

Does not make her a liar. Simply makes her a puppet and a tool....but not a liar.

Hence.. TM.

She doesnt really lie. Instead, she simply regurgitates what she hears from her far lefdt wing bloggers and commentators. Never conducting a little research to confirm or deny the valididty of what she hears.

Does not make her a liar. Simply makes her a puppet and a tool....but not a liar.

It's one of the reasons calling her a liar won't do anything. She just has so much she's learned that simply isnt true. She doesn't know how to weigh evidence and differentiate. And she wont until she starts making seeking the truth an anchor in her life.

Mitch McConnell claimed yesterday that the bill was 76% Republican bill, so I guess 3/4's of the screwing anyone's getting is compliments of the GOP, by their own measure.

My outrage over rdean is anything but faux.

Social Security does not have a surplus, and will actually pay out more money this year than it takes in. The trust fund has been raided to pay down the deficit for decades, and no longer exists. Cutting payments into a system that is already short of funds makes almost as much sense as jumping off the empire State Building without a parachute.

Please show me anywhere I praised tax cuts when we are dealing with a massive deficit. I am pretty sure I have been continually on record that we need to cut spending, not taxes.

i think there is 100-200 billion in SS surplus taxes THIS YEAR.

so, the $2.0 trillion BORROWED from social security tax revenue surplus, just in the Bush presidential years, used to pay for what income taxes on the very wealthiest should have been paying (giving them a tax break on income tax with the SS tax revenue surplus, reverse robinhood)...is all fine and dandy, but now giving those SS tax payers a minuscule tax break is, not ok....just does not make sense?

especially now that the gvt is also asking SS recipients or future recipients, who produced and paid this surplus (which was used for paying for what income tax revenues should have been paying), to give up years of benefits and reduced amounts....

I agree with you that we need to cut spending....but what took 10 years to get to this level of spending will not be undone over night, and in the mean time billions each year will be added to our national debt....

I am all for letting all income tax cuts expire with a 'stimulus' SS tax cut of 3% for workers and 3% for employers....or something of the sort, for a short time period....making it cheaper for an employer to hire as a perk...

We have accumulated some big bills and we need to pay what we owe on them, AND we need to pay for what we will spend each year...

this CAN NOT be done, without the income tax break expiration, nor without cutting our spending, or without a good strong economy.

we spent like drunken sailors the past decade and it's time to be adults, and pay for what we spent...instead of pushing it on to our kids and grand kids and great grand kids...

All I can say is that the Congress needs to get moving on a FLAT or FAIR tax...and this all becomes moot.

Never going to happen. Politicians derive too much power from the tax code.

And it will be up to the people to FORCE IT...

The flat tax would be a tax cut for the wealthy AND a tax increase for the middle class. Like it or not you'll never see widespread support for that. How could you?

Corporations would LOVE a Flat tax...and then they'd get to use all their money to exert power and influence to shape laws that benefit them and hurt the little guy.

Corporations would LOVE a Flat tax...and then they'd get to use all their money to exert power and influence to shape laws that benefit them and hurt the little guy.

How exactly do the "evil" corporations benefit when the people have no money to buy their products?

Forum List

Back