Who First Introduced the Civil Rights Act?

Which US President First Introduced the Civil Rights Act?

• LBJ

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • JKF

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Ike

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
2 Republicans.

:clap2:

yep, 2 liberal Republicans who people like you call RINOs and try to demonize and throw under a bus.
:lol:

gawd, you're a dumb fuck

Spin it all you want, the facts speak for themselves.

there's no spin. you're projecting your right wing noise machine bias again.

People like you demonize liberal Republicans yet try and hang your hats on their accomplishments that you personally would have opposed at the time.

FDR found the issue too tough as he had too many fights already. Truman and Eisenhower did good work. Eisenhower was an interesting republican as he bucked everything the right wing at that time wanted - thankfully. But it was LBJ who accomplished the big change. The statistics were a big improvement, but the figures since then have not been very good. My next thread covers this issue. See "Race Poverty, where are we now."

The same FDR that appointed Klansman Hugo Black to SCOTUS? You mean that FDR? Dems love their Klansmen! <3 <3 <3 KKK!!

poor Frank still attacking people as a way of arguing a point? :lol:

you must find it very difficult to argue when you are not attacking a source or demonizing someone in order to cover for another.

:clap2:

yep, 2 liberal Republicans who people like you call RINOs and try to demonize and throw under a bus.

gawd, you're a dumb fuck

People like you demonize liberal Republicans yet try and hang your hats on their accomplishments that you personally would have opposed at the time.

The discussion wasn't about liberals v conservatives dumbass, it's about Democrats v Republicans. But of course you're too stupid to see that.

You liberal fucks sure do like to lie a lot, now show me one instance where I have "demonized" a liberal Republican.

The discussion wasn't about liberals v conservatives dumbass, it's about Democrats v Republicans. But of course you're too stupid to see that.

You liberal fucks sure do like to lie a lot, now show me one instance where I have "demonized" a liberal Republican.

I mentioned the Republican you pretend to so admire was an East Coast Rockerfeller type liberal Republican. Most every single liberal Republican has been hounded out of the GOP since Ronald Reagan started the demonize liberals campaign.

I couldn't be Eisenhower because Republicans are racist.

:lol: YOu guys always have to bring up the Civil Rights Act as proof that you are not racist.
But look at the map before Civil Rights, what was once blue states are now red states. Democrats used to also carry the south. That whole argument doesn't work, when people switched parties. ;)

:lol: YOu guys always have to bring up the Civil Rights Act as proof that you are not racist.
But look at the map before Civil Rights, what was once blue states are now red states. Democrats used to also carry the south. That whole argument doesn't work, when people switched parties. ;)

The Chairman of the GOP apologized for the GOP's Southern Strategy -- acknowledging that is was race baiting.

I mentioned the Republican you pretend to so admire was an East Coast Rockerfeller type liberal Republican. Most every single liberal Republican has been hounded out of the GOP since Ronald Reagan started the demonize liberals campaign.

barry goldwater wasn't a liberal republican, but they would have tossed his ass out if he hadn't retired. the republican party has outlived its usefulness.

unfortunately, so has the democratic party.

barry goldwater wasn't a liberal republican, but they would have tossed his ass out if he hadn't retired. the republican party has outlived its usefulness.

unfortunately, so has the democratic party.

In some ways I am agreeing with you more and more. I've left the party.

Goldwater was a conservative worth respecting.

I didn't pretend to admire anyone, I was simply showing historical facts. You can spin it anyway you want, you liberal fucks usually do.

First you claim it was people like me demonizing liberal Republicans now it's Reagan that had done so. Again I'll have to see the evidence of that.

What's different about you is you don't even try to hide your dishonesty.

I didn't pretend to admire anyone, I was simply showing historical facts. You can spin it anyway you want, you liberal fucks usually do.

First you claim it was people like me demonizing liberal Republicans now it's Reagan that had done so. Again I'll have to see the evidence of that.

it's funny how anyone that disagrees with your knuckledragging *reasoning* is dishonest. :lol:

Are you saying that Democrats were once Republicans and vice versa? You're gonna have to prove that claim.

it's funny how anyone that disagrees with your knuckledragging *reasoning* is dishonest. :lol:

He is dishonest, he said I demonized liberal Republicans, that was a lie. He said that I pretended to admire a certain Republican and that again is a lie. What do you call people that lies? I call them dishonest.

Truman. Only it wasn't an act it was an executive order.

Wrong!

Try reading the question again. I'll type it slow so maybe you can understand it.

Who First Introduced the Civil Rights Act?
It's still Truman.

No its not truman ravi. But here is what truman did do in regards to civil rights

his administration published "To Secure These Rights" in 1947 a drive was started in 1948 to end discrimination in federal employment in 1950, the Supreme Court all but overturned what is referred to as Plessy v Ferguson. These were a series of laws dating from 1896 which effectively approved the "Jim Crow" segregation laws that characterised the South. The laws introduced the "separate but equal" philosophy of the south - but with the backing of the highest legal body in America.

Harry Truman and Civil Rights

Eisenhower, one of the most Liberal Presidents of the 20th Century. :cool:

This post couldn't have been found by me at a better time.

I just responded to BFGRN in another thread where he tried to bash me over the head with "Eisenhower the republican".

I find it hillarious when people try to win a debate with me by pointing to some shit bird repbulicans and saying "well the republicans did this". Yeah as if I like the republicans and as if the republicans doing something somehow makes it ok....pffft :eusa_hand:

Forum List

Back