Who Do You Think Is The Most And Least Trustworthy Journalist?

I'm going to have to go with duly noted and I'll keep it in mind, but NPR/PBS/BBC is still MY best source. I'm too cheap to pony up for cable or satellite.

:eusa_think: There's the internet... but I spend most of my internet privileges winning hearts and minds at USMB. No time for news. :dunno:

To be honest, I think you are so lucky you don't have to listen to all of the spin.

At least you're getting a good dose of piano and saxophone playing.

"Now All Things Considered".

That's the other reason I don't have cable - I waste enough time 'watching' without having hundreds of channels to choose from.

But you're missing all of the commercials.

(sarcasm intended)

I don't know who to trust on television any more.

The press at election time for the last 30 years has made dueling a preferable choice to selection of a President by voting.

Pardon my sardonic attitude this evening, but I had to quit watching tv this evening when Bret Baier announced something about Iran being in on the planning of 9/11, and we're just now learning this odious secret kept by the press who had the duty and responsibility of reporting it when they learned of it.

Sometimes, I just can't stand the lying, omitting, disgusting press.

I like David Foster Wallace and Hunter S. Thompson. As for worst, I'm not a huge fan of Krauthammer or G. Will.

Television is a constrained medium , not only in the sense of time, but also in the sense of ownership since Michael Powell's upheaval of it

On the internet, one can ring up the same story multiple times, from multiple sources, in essence, we get to be the investigative entity

There are, of course, baises, yet juxtaposing said sources portrays them , for anyone who is savvy enough to pick them out

It's also rather evident that the US government is scared sh*tless of the general populance comming to certain conclusions en masse' in this mode of communicado

For instance, why would they give a rodents rear end about Julian Assauge?, if this were not so? And we all remember the PNAC's take on the medium, right?

So i nominate the internet as 'best journalistic medium' , and those that have the werewithall to utilize it 'best journalists'

Last edited:
NPR, CNN, NYT, Salon, Slate, Harpers, MSNBC, and Commondreams contain the best journalists. Fox is overall the worst as it is purposely biased republican. WSJ is also awful when it comes to honest opinion reporting. Paradox you say!

"The organization of American society is an interlocking system of semi-monopolies notoriously venal, an electorate notoriously unenlightened, misled by a mass media notoriously phony." Paul Goodman

Most trustworthy is Lou Dobbs. He's back on air at FBN.
Least trustworthy, Chris Matthews or Ed Schultz. Throw a dart at both names and whichever name it lands on, it's an accurate toss.

So to start off a thread about most and least trustworthy journalists, the OP and several others after him pick political commentators. What? :eusa_eh:

So to start off a thread about most and least trustworthy journalists, the OP and several others after him pick political commentators. What? :eusa_eh:

I thought I'd read through all the comments before I mentioned that. Also, the OP is simply an invitation to start yet another media war between libs and cons over Fox v. MSNBC.

Journalists? The one I read and watch regularly on CNN/GPS because he never fantasizes and sticks to facts is Fareed Zakaria.

ARTICLES: Fareed Zakaria

Speaking of, I had a dream about Shep Smith last night. LOL
I was asking him about being in Volcano.

I thought I'd read through all the comments before I mentioned that. Also, the OP is simply an invitation to start yet another media war between libs and cons over Fox v. MSNBC.

Journalists? The one I read and watch regularly on CNN/GPS because he never fantasizes and sticks to facts is Fareed Zakaria.

ARTICLES: Fareed Zakaria

One of Obie's advisors......:lol:.

Forum List

Back