WHo Do You Think Did Best in Tonite's GOP Debate?

^^^
What PP said.

1. Romney - he's got my vote
2. Gingrich - smartest one of the bunch
3. Bachmann - held her own but again ... time to go away
4. Cain - flavor of the week
5. Perry - WTF? "Romney has had 6 years and I've only had 2 months." What kind of cry baby shit is that? And what was up with him looking around the table after the Reagan clip, like he was looking for an answer from the rest of the gang.
6. Paul
7. Huntsman
8. Santorum

Just curious. You say Gingrich is the smartest of the bunch, but Romney has your vote. Why?

For the record, Romney didn't have my vote until I saw his performance in last night's debate. If I thought Gingrich was electable and capable of beating Obama, then he would have my vote. But he's not ... unfortunately.

Thank you. I have heard others say that as well. Why do you think he is not electable? No one has ever given the reason except that he has "baggage." Exactly what is it?

Just curious. You say Gingrich is the smartest of the bunch, but Romney has your vote. Why?

For the record, Romney didn't have my vote until I saw his performance in last night's debate. If I thought Gingrich was electable and capable of beating Obama, then he would have my vote. But he's not ... unfortunately.

Thank you. I have heard others say that as well. Why do you think he is not electable? No one has ever given the reason except that he has "baggage." Exactly what is it?

its a hack attack site but this is the type of stuff we consider his baggage that would hurt him in a presidential campaign. Its not all accurate but we all know accuracy is missing in the media when it comes to politics ;) Possible Presidential Candidate Newt Gingrich - The Dark Side

I'm a little surprised at some of the favorable responses for Santorum. He comes across at each debate as a whiny, smirking, angry person. I don't have that much of an issue with his values, but social conservatism is not what we need in a candidate right now. We need a fiscal conservative and a "liberty" conservative. My sig tells you who I like and support, but the media won't give him the time of day just like they wouldn't Paul in 2008 or Cain at the beginning of this election cycle. They like to pre-determine the acceptable candidates out of laziness. Even as well as Paul polled in 2008, they continued to ignore him unlike Cain this go around.

Did the crowd cheer sick children or anything of the like?

Their coffee cups were filled with children's blood. Poor black children's blood to be exact. Asshat.

So they didnt make fools of themselves this time.

Wow 1 out of 4 aint bad

They've yet to make fools of themselves. It was people in the audience making fools of themselves. But you knew that didn't you? Good old TM never lets facts get in the way of her partisan hackery.

I'm a little surprised at some of the favorable responses for Santorum. He comes across at each debate as a whiny, smirking, angry person. I don't have that much of an issue with his values, but social conservatism is not what we need in a candidate right now. We need a fiscal conservative and a "liberty" conservative. My sig tells you who I like and support, but the media won't give him the time of day just like they wouldn't Paul in 2008 or Cain at the beginning of this election cycle. They like to pre-determine the acceptable candidates out of laziness. Even as well as Paul polled in 2008, they continued to ignore him unlike Cain this go around.

You know what, if it's the poor man's fault he's poor, it's the politician's fault he didn't generate enough media interest.

You know what, if it's the poor man's fault he's poor, it's the politician's fault he didn't generate enough media interest.

EXACTLY! You get it! :)

I think he's too polarizing. His personal baggage is one thing, but I don't think he'd get the votes from the moderates ... the independents.

I think he's too polarizing. His personal baggage is one thing, but I don't think he'd get the votes from the moderates ... the independents.

I think one of Newt's biggest problems is he is the epitome of an "establishment" candidate.

I think one of Newt's biggest problems is he is the epitome of an "establishment" candidate.

I think we are seeing that "esablishment candidates" is a 2008 talkingpoint being Obama won and that's is part of what he ran off. I see Cain trying to make this point but I only hear him saying it and no one else seems to care.

I don't know Newts history to well and that's not good of me, if he becomes a front runner I'm sure I'll hear about it all and be digging myself.

Did the crowd cheer sick children or anything of the like?

Their coffee cups were filled with children's blood. Poor black children's blood to be exact. Asshat.

LOL!!!

And the hors de' ouvres were fried granny parts! (You know, since she was pushed over a cliff, we had to do SOMETHING with her!)

Oh and TruthMatters is right about the foolish thing when it comes to two candidates:
Paul also steps on his tongue pretty often. It's not that he's stupid like Bachmann, it's that his positions and opinions are so wildly opposed to what the majority of Americans want, that he looks foolish when he states them.
Bachmann makes a fool of herself only on those occasions when she opens her mouth.

Last edited:

Wow 1 out of 4 aint bad

They've yet to make fools of themselves. It was people in the audience making fools of themselves. But you knew that didn't you? Good old TM never lets facts get in the way of her partisan hackery.

whos policy were they cheering?

1 out of 4 is just great huh?

Bachmann? Seriously? You must have really liked her going in.
No--I have never been a Bachmann supporter--but I think her answers--her clarity did very well tonight--so she walked away with more points.

Wow! Well that shows how different perceptions can be! I thought she came off like a petty whackjob. I mean she did a good job of hitting Obama but that's shooting fish in a barrel. When it came to anything other than that well, I guess the Minnesotans like her...

Oh, no. No. We so don't. Not even a little.

No.

Wow 1 out of 4 aint bad

whos policy were they cheering?

1 out of 4 is just great huh?

What are you bitching about? You get a tingle up your leg at the mere mention of Dear Leaders name.

So as some of you know, I joined 3 boards a few months ago, to learn about The Tea Party (Had attended one of their meetings and found the people very nice - completely unlike the media portrayal).
Here's what I'm seeing from looking at all the boards:

Cain: Gaining a lot of positive momentum but most people don't seem to consider him a realistic possibility for the nomination.
Romney: Not the current momentum of Cain but a steady increase in support with every debate.
Gingrich: Possible VP Candidate? Who knows? Not a candidate but he debates well and speaks like the Jedi-Master of the group.
Paul: The people who have always liked him still do. No one else does. In some areas he does well but what he and his followers don't seem to realize is that, whether their positions or opinions are "better" than everyone else's, the vast majority of Americans simply disagree anddon't want what he wants for us.
Perry: Comet. Burned brightly before he started talking, then started burning out. Is the guy on Valium or something? People are definitely disliking him more with each debate.
Bachmann: She's good at bashing Obama but between telling lies that are easily busted and the just plain stupidity, WTF? She could RUIN the GOP ticket if they put her on as VP. That would definitely make me plug my nose and vote Obama.
Those Other Guys: Time for a little political Darwinism boys...

That's just the trend I've noticed over the last month or so. Perry seems to be a flash in the pan. Cain is the guy I like best but realistically, it seems like Romney is the GOP candidate for 2012.

Thank you. I have heard others say that as well. Why do you think he is not electable? No one has ever given the reason except that he has "baggage." Exactly what s it?

its a hack attack site but this is the type of stuff we consider his baggage that would hurt him in a presidential campaign. Its not all accurate but we all know accuracy is missing in the media when it comes to politics ;) Possible Presidential Candidate Newt Gingrich - The Dark Side
Newt has my support, he is simply the best man for the job. As far as the baggage goes, I don't really care, in fact, I think in the long run it will work to his benefit. Not because people like it, but because we all know the democratics have nothing to run on so have to go negative. They will go WAY, WAY overboard and it will turn more voters off to them than Newt. So let them, in fact, I encourage it!!!!!!

Forum List

Back