Who do you support in 2012

mosten11

Dec 18, 2011
South Dakota
I am sure it has been asked TOOOOO many times in this board, but who do you want to see win the 2012 election? Who do you want to have control of congress?

For me: at this point of the Republicans, I would plan to vote in my primary (June 5th??) for Newt... However, I believe for Republicans if they truly want Obama out of office, they will need either Newt or Romney to win the nomination for sure..

As far as congress, I think it needs to be more balance and I think if either party should have control, it shouldn't be a drastic control of power. Obviously won't happen, but we could only hope for a balanced congress so SOMETHING would get done.

I am sure it has been asked TOOOOO many times in this board, but who do you want to see win the 2012 election? Who do you want to have control of congress?

For me: at this point of the Republicans, I would plan to vote in my primary (June 5th??) for Newt... However, I believe for Republicans if they truly want Obama out of office, they will need either Newt or Romney to win the nomination for sure..

As far as congress, I think it needs to be more balance and I think if either party should have control, it shouldn't be a drastic control of power. Obviously won't happen, but we could only hope for a balanced congress so SOMETHING would get done.

I am supporting Romney because he is the candidate who can take Obama out. Newt will not win the nomination, his Freddie Mac ties, his global warming position with Nancy Pelosi and lately he wants to do something very unconstitutional and shred judges. It is against the constitution, you can not take a judge on like that, there are ways to get rid of them but this is definitely not it. That knife would slice both ways, you don't like a judge's decision, so you fire him what happens when the dems don't like a decision made by a republican judge, same thing. No way, he is totally off base and it sets up a dictatorship not a republic.

Newt decides what decisions he likes and what he doesn't, that's arrogant and out of touch with the Constitution of the United States. Must be another one of those zany ideas he gets in his head without really thinking them through. LOL

Last edited:

I am supporting Romney because he is the candidate who can take Obama out. Newt will not win the nomination, his Freddie Mac ties, his global warming position with Nancy Pelosi and lately he wants to do something very unconstitutional and shred judges. It is against the constitution, you can not take a judge on like that, there are ways to get rid of them but this is definitely not it. That knife would slice both ways, you don't like a judge's decision, so you fire him what happens when the dems don't like a decision made by a republican judge, same thing. No way, he is totally off base and it sets up a dictatorship not a republic.

Newt decides what decisions he likes and what he doesn't, that's arrogant and out of touch with the Constitution of the United States. Must be another one of those zany ideas he gets in his head without really thinking them through. LOL

I would agree with you on this one... I think Newt is a smart guy, but agree his "history advising" to fannie and freddie will not help him...

I like Romney as well because he has a lot of, dare I say, common sense approaches to solving problems (unlike obummer)...

Perry has lost all my support because of his "Strong" ad where he decides to take a shot at gays (specifically in the military).

I like Paul's views as well, but he has little to no chance of winning over Obummer..

Santorum has great conservative ideas and seems to be the "true" conservative running, but he would be the sacrificial lamb of our party if he gets the nomination.

Michelle is alright, but I hate how she has to reference to her adopted kids... Plus she tends to be wrong on a few things she said (one that comes to mind was back in September? She said on TODAY that the CDC ruled the HPV vaccine to cause mental retardation, yet, the CDC never said it).

Huntsman.... who is this guy? Is he running for President or something? To me it seems he would rather retreat to, you guess it, NEW HAMPSHIRE!

I'll vote for whoever the nominee is. Anyone but Obama.

I can't help noticing that Newt is getting picked on for his work he did with Freddie Mac. Odd how the media is all over that, yet ignored people with much closer and long term ties to the two mortgage companies. Barney Frank, Dodd, Obama, etc. Obama was one of the top three who received big donations from F and F and Obama did it in the shortest amount of time. Just saying that if Newt was paid for doing PR for them, that's not as bad as taking money from them for years and defending their shady practices.

I can't help noticing that Newt is getting picked on for his work he did with Freddie Mac. Odd how the media is all over that, yet ignored people with much closer and long term ties to the two mortgage companies. Barney Frank, Dodd, Obama, etc. Obama was one of the top three who received big donations from F and F and Obama did it in the shortest amount of time. Just saying that if Newt was paid for doing PR for them, that's not as bad as taking money from them for years and defending their shady practices.

Obama and F/F I was unaware of... I am an uninformed conservative... Tell me more :eek:

We'll see how it goes - I'm sort of assuming one of these two will win nomination (I'd bet on Romney if cared to wager). But all they will do is pump up the vote counts for the Libertarians. Neither one of them has a chance against Obama as far as I can see.

We'll see how it goes - I'm sort of assuming one of these two will win nomination (I'd bet on Romney if cared to wager). But all they will do is pump up the vote counts for the Libertarians. Neither one of them has a chance against Obama as far as I can see.

Romney has the better chance of all Candidates to win the election, but there are tons of libertarians and conservatives who are backing Paul... Which brings me to my next question since I had no interest in politics in the last election; did Paul have the support he has now when he last ran for president?

Romney has the better chance of all Candidates to win the election, but there are tons of libertarians and conservatives who are backing Paul... Which brings me to my next question since I had no interest in politics in the last election; did Paul have the support he has now when he last ran for president?

I'd say he had about a third as much, both in terms of money and poll support.

Obama and F/F I was unaware of... I am an uninformed conservative... Tell me more :eek:

Here's some links for you. Obama made out like a bandit with contributions and it was pretty amazing that he came in second considering the short time he was in the senate.

Barack Obama largest recipient of political funds from mortgage giants Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae - latimes.com

Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac execs now offering advice to Obama
Senator's links to mortgage giants also include campaign contributions
Read more: Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac execs now offering advice to Obama Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac execs now offering advice to Obama

I was assuming this, but wasn't sure..... Social media in my opinion has a greater influence in this election and its candidates in comparison to '08

I was assuming this, but wasn't sure..... Social media in my opinion has a greater influence in this election and its candidates in comparison to '08

Maybe. In '08, it was still mostly internet based, but more about the meetups and such. He's running a much more professional campaign this time around. The last time he was more or less blindsided by the support from the internet. Most of the original fund raising and ads was genuine grassroots stuff. We had very little support from any kind of official campaign. I'm not as involved as I was then, but it sounds like he's taking things much more seriously now.

Maybe. In '08, it was still mostly internet based, but more about the meetups and such. He's running a much more professional campaign this time around. The last time he was more or less blindsided by the support from the internet. Most of the original fund raising and ads was genuine grassroots stuff. We had very little support from any kind of official campaign. I'm not as involved as I was then, but it sounds like he's taking things much more seriously now.

I went to see Obama speak when he came to my city for "a town hall meeting" and that was when I just got through my freshman year of high school; and I thought 'this guy is pretty good at speaking, and knows what to do to fix our country.' Then I now look back and realize, I really wasn't into the facebook/other social media like I am today so I was clueless to who else had good ideas, and b. if I recall, most candidates (at least the nominees) only focused on the town hall setting instead of the social media setting... unlike today.. Which one benefits the candidate? I would say both, in my opinion.

Romney first, last, and in between.

No other Republican is worth his salt other than Paul or Johnson, and they are unelectable.

Romney first, last, and in between.

No other Republican is worth his salt other than Paul or Johnson, and they are unelectable.

Mitt Romney celibrating the closing of a factory in Indiana, and American jobs being shipped overseas....

Bain.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back