WHO calls for trans fats to be eliminated within five years

How are we supposed to make piecrust without Crisco? My grandmother used lard, but I don't think that's much better for you. LOL

I am going to try to FREEZE----coconut oil-----but it is kinda expensive
I had a piecrust recipe once eons ago that used margarine, and it was a good crust, but that's on the no-no list, too.
I gave up trying to make a decent crust a long time ago. Graham cracker or Mrs. Smith's. That's my motto.
I'm just concerned for those who actually do manage to make a crust that can be broken with a fork alone.

From my cold, dead hands ...

242647.jpg

How are we supposed to make piecrust without Crisco? My grandmother used lard, but I don't think that's much better for you. LOL

When I was young, my family moved to Australia ... where they don't have Crisco or any equivalent vegetable shortening.

I can now understand why the Brits used the island as a place to put their worst criminals.

When I was young, my family moved to Australia ... where they don't have Crisco or any equivalent vegetable shortening.

I can now understand why the Brits used the island as a place to put their worst criminals.
No PIE? Or crust made from liquid shortening?

All butter crusts ... good taste, not so flaky.

Unless you're making a parve pie crust ... then it's margarine.

I am going to try to FREEZE----coconut oil-----but it is kinda expensive
I had a piecrust recipe once eons ago that used margarine, and it was a good crust, but that's on the no-no list, too.
I gave up trying to make a decent crust a long time ago. Graham cracker or Mrs. Smith's. That's my motto.
I'm just concerned for those who actually do manage to make a crust that can be broken with a fork alone.

have you considered BUTTER?

All butter crusts ... good taste, not so flaky.

Unless you're making a parve pie crust ... then it's margarine.

butter works-----ya gotta FREEZE it

Forum List

Back