Who are these ppl who want big government to step in and fix fuel costs???

Toronado3800

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2009
Lately I have been reading post after post and hearing conversation after conversation about how Obama should somehow regulate the cost of gasoline. This from small government/state's rights folks who complain about even "The W's" CAFE standard bump.

At least be consistent. If you want the open market to decide everything live with it and quit crying for my help.

If you want something done about the cost of fuel come on over and COMPLAIN! Get that CAFE standard raised. No point in your car having more power than the car you drove in the 80's. That 160HP Toronado of mine did eighty just fine. If current sport/luxury coupes only had 160HP their fuel economy would be better and we would be using less oil. I have no doubt.

Only other choices I see are annexing some place filthy oil rich like Siberia or the entire Middle East or installing puppet governments in them which want to pump their reserves dry.

I really do not want to pump our expensive oil out. Strategically it is a bad move to "drill baby drill". We just might need that stuff fifty years from now if none of these alternative fuels pan out.

$1.00 gasoline sent the domestic petroleum industry into a tailspin as recently as 1999.
Thousands of companies went under, hundreds of thousands lost their jobs. Domestic production dropped, imports rose.

Take your pick.

I don't believe that automobiles consume more oil than our power plants. It seams to me that oil followed by coal then hydro, and then nuclear are the main sources of energy for these plants. It seams to me I read that somewhere, but I can't recall.

So when referring to reusable energy, I think we should apply all of that technology to our power plants. Lets get them to run off reusables first and then see where we stand for autos.

ch.gaschart

Costs nearly $90 to fill my truck with 87 these days. Sucks.

That does suck. Don't sell the truck w/o draining that liquid gold from the tank!

So our ideas are:
1-More fuel efficient vehicles.
2-pump more of our oil.

Public transportation just does not seem to work well in the states. Too much distance.

How about 10MPG more in CAFE standards up to 45MPG fleet for combined passenger vehicles (cars and trucks) by 2020 and a 10% increase in well permits or whatever they are called allowed in the U.S.?

I support you folks (and my work) which need to operate heavy trucks and I support our troops with these ideas.

Forum List

Back