Who are some of your favorite NHL (hockey) players all-time?

Greatest sporting event ever....Lake Placid Miracle on Ice.
1980. USA vs USSR.
To this day to think a bunch of US college kids could come together and beat the well drilled professional, by all accounts, Russian hockey machine...I still get goose bumps thinking about it.

Greatest sporting event ever....Lake Placid Miracle on Ice.
1980. USA vs USSR.
To this day to think a bunch of US college kids could come together and beat the well drilled professional, by all accounts, Russian hockey machine...I still get goose bumps thinking about it.
That truly WAS amazing, wasn't it? Perhaps THE greatest moment ever in Winter Olympics.

Dave Schulz, Bob Kelly, Andre Dupont and Don Saleski. Greatest players can be very time oriented with other abilities besides the limits of the norm and a great boon to a special team in an era that sports is not so good in some towns.

My all time favorite player by a wide mile is Bobby Orr. He lived up to the hype.

I'll add to the list: Frank Mahovlich (my favorite on the '67 Leafs), Phil Esposito and toss in a goalie Gump Worsley.

Had an older brother who favored Toronto's Eddie Shack and a younger one that liked Boston's Wayne Cashman.

Last edited:
My all time favorite player by a wide mile is Bobby Orr. He lived up to the hype.

I'll add to the list: Frank Mahovlich (my favorite on the '67 Leafs), Phil Esposito and toss in a goalie Gump Worsley.

Had an older brother who favored Toronto's Eddie Shack and a younger one that liked Boston's Wayne Cashman.

Mine were Bobby Hull and Gump Worsley. Gump was the last NHL goalie to play without a mask. His face looked like a plate of raw hamburger.

1591505245066.png

Bobby Hull and Gump Worsley

Forum List

Back