Who are some of your favorite drummers, in any music genre, all-time?

Nobody mentioned phill collins :dunno:

Yeah, I'm partial to bonham...but collins ain't no slouch!
I BELIEVE Phil HAS been mentioned a few times. I agree, he was/is a great drummer. He did some wonderful work on a couple of Brian Eno's early albums. My favorite drumming by Phil is on a Peter Gabriel track, from Peter's third solo album, known as the "melting face" album because of its cover, and because Gabriel's first three solo albums were ALL self-titled! Anyway, the track is titled "Intruder", with some fantastic drumming by Phil.

I'm very deaf. Thanks Unce Sam, F106 running 70% 8 hrs a day in the same Joker pod or 100% on a tie down.

Sony digital MDR V6 head phones and a Brav Audi amp with Rusky tube or I'm fuked.

Through the first page I didn't see Ringo
:oops:

I don't have a "favorite" drummer but I do like drum solos- especially

Not big on drummers, but I did enjoy Buddy Rich, Buddy Miles and the guy who backed Hendrix, don't recall his name. Jazz drummers would have to be the highest skilled, but jazz drum solos are annoying for the most part. My favorite drums are those in the 1812 Overture and in modern recordings of Prokofiev's compositions. Oh yeah and the music from the ape scene in 2001: A Space Odessey.

Ginger Baker
Neil Peart
Danny Carey
John Dolmayan

This MFer...in a suit.

I saw that guy numerous times. Unbelievable.

I never got to seem him perform live, I wish I had. He passed away in 1987, I was 26 years old at the time, and didn't appreciate jazz music yet.

Somewhere there are reruns of Johnny Carson; Rich was on that show a lot. Not like a club gig or Vegas show, but better than nothing, since they did close ups of his hands at work.

Forum List

Back