Whitewashing Islam: 20 Errors on 20/20 (ABC News)

Mojo2

Gold Member
Oct 28, 2013
Whitewashing Islam: 20 Errors on 20/20 (ABC News)

[ame=http://youtu.be/xZ5Bwj3iTrg]Whitewashing Islam: 20 Errors on 20/20 (ABC News) - YouTube[/ame]

Uploaded on Nov 17, 2011

Answering Muslims

The media can't seem to get their facts straight when they discuss Islam.

When the Muslim Brotherhood watched the ABC News special on Islam they HAD to have been pleased to see that even after several American media careers had been dashed on the rocks of unprofessional journalistic practices ABC still was willing and able to do a slip-shod job of keeping Americans informed about matters of vital importance to us.

Namely, the situation regarding Islam.

Here, you'll see they fucked up the facts, badly!

That guy is fantastic! I enjoyed that video.

I'm curious about how critics will attack this man's position. He sourced his every point and ABC made unsourced claims.

That guy is fantastic! I enjoyed that video.

I'm curious about how critics will attack this man's position. He sourced his every point and ABC made unsourced claims.

The answer to your query is the critics ignored it, I think.

This was posted in 2011 I think and this seems like something I've not heard of before now.

So, I think they just shined it on.

Wow. Well, no surprise. The Left is committed to its defense of this religion, and here you go.

Islam good, Christianity bad.

I wonder what the end game is for people like Sawyer. I'd love to know.

Any guesses?

Maybe they want to show that not everyone who is a Muslim is a blood thirsty animal like many on the right want to portray them as. That there are Muslims you work with, interact with everyday and they aren't trying to kill you.

Wow. Well, no surprise. The Left is committed to its defense of this religion, and here you go.

Any guesses?

Maybe they want to show that not everyone who is a Muslim is a blood thirsty animal like many on the right want to portray them as. That there are Muslims you work with, interact with everyday and they aren't trying to kill you.

And they need to lie to accomplish this?

Any guesses?

And they need to lie to accomplish this?

What lies? My guess is this guy has a lot of anti-Muslim rhetoric that takes quote from extreme Muslims and applies them to all Muslims.

For instance: "Muslims want to take over America and kill all Christians!" No but it helps get website views which gets more money for the website.

Where do you get that idea?

Why would a political philosophy -- any one -- take a position for or against a religion? Where's the relationship?

Is this thread about religion or about media? I see it's posted in the latter but it looks more like the former.

Any guesses?

You are right.

Brigitte Gabriel calls these so-called, "moderate Muslims," "irrelevant."

Just as the good, moderate German people were irrelevant when it came to preventing the horrors of Nazism in WWII.

Just as the moderate Soviet people were irrelevant when it came to standing up to Stalin. Or the millions of moderate Chinese were irrelevant in Mao's Cultural Revolution.

Today's moderate Muslims are irrelevant when it comes to the threat of Islam.

Last edited by a moderator:

Any guesses?

You are right.

Just as the good, moderate German people were irrelevant when it came to preventing the horrors of Nazism in WWII.

Just as the moderate Soviet people were irrelevant when it came to standing up to Stalin. Or the millions of moderate Chinese were irrelevant in Mao's Cultural Revolution.

So the 1st amendment doesn't protect Muslims. Got it.

Any guesses?

You are right.

Ummm..... I don't think you just made the point you think you made... :lol:

Brigitte Gabriel is a shrill harpy with the brain power of a gnat.

That anyone buys into that sluts nonsense is a testament to the dumbing down of the American educational system. ..... :cool:

Any guesses?

In fact, the vast majority of Muslims are just ordinary people who are very much not blood thirsty animals, who do not support fundamentalism or terrorism, who do not follow Sharia law, etc. But the right wants to believe that all Muslims are evil and that Islam is evil.

Any guesses?

In fact, the vast majority of Muslims are just ordinary people who are very much not blood thirsty animals, who do not support fundamentalism or terrorism, who do not follow Sharia law, etc. But the right wants to believe that all Muslims are evil and that Islam is evil.

Many do. That's because thinking in black and white is sooooooooo much less work.

The Muslims may turn out to be a critical influence and saving grace, not irrelevant!

Because so many Muslims have suffered from political abuses of militant and govt power,
there is Muslim leadership who takes democratic process and govt checks VERY seriously,
similar to the Christian conservative right associated with most Constitutionalists.

So if the left will not listen to the Christian right when it comes to Constitutional checks and limits on govt, there is a chance the liberal Democrats may respect the Muslim leadership on Constitutional principles education and outreach.

The allegiance and respect that the liberal left has for Muslims
may in fact be the key to enforcing and supporting equal Constitutional democratic
principles that the left seems to reject and attack when it is pursued by Christians or conservative Republicans.

So the Muslims may turn out to be a critical influence where the leftist division and rejection of conservative Constitutionalists allows political corruption of govt to go unchecked.

Any guesses?

You are right.

Any guesses?

I've known many dozens, if not hundreds, of Muslims in my travels. Out of all of them I ever met at all, I'd say the total number that had any sympathy for this fundamentalist bullshit was one. Literally one. He was an Iranian who was all high on Ayatollah Khomeni, lost in that trance that people get in their glazed eyes when they get that mass indoctrination rush. At the time he espoused this he was immediately surrounded by other Muslims patiently explaining to him what an idiot he was.

Any guesses?

Where is the documentary on the nice NeoNazi skinheads, you know, the ones who help old ladies cross the street, have bake sales for their Aryan School, have block parties and volunteer to patrol to keep out the undesirables, the one's who love their mothers, etc.

If the ideology you believe, Islam, doesn't make you bad, then why would the ideology believed by skinheads make them bad?

Any guesses?

Where is the documentary on the nice NeoNazi skinheads, you know, the ones who help old ladies cross the street, have bake sales for their Aryan School, have block parties and volunteer to patrol to keep out the undesirables, the one's who love their mothers, etc.

If the ideology you believe, Islam, doesn't make you bad, then why would the ideology believed by skinheads make them bad?

This may be the most pointless airball post I've read today that did not have Special Ed's name on it.

:cuckoo:

I've known many dozens, if not hundreds, of Muslims in my travels. Out of all of them I ever met at all, I'd say the total number that had any sympathy for this fundamentalist bullshit was one. Literally one. He was an Iranian who was all high on Ayatollah Khomeni, lost in that trance that people get in their glazed eyes when they get that mass indoctrination rush. At the time he espoused this he was immediately surrounded by other Muslims patiently explaining to him what an idiot he was.

Brigitte Gabriel speaks to your point.

Just watching the news about is happening in the Middle East such as Iraq and Serria, I beleive that the video in the OP is dead nuts correct. This is the model of Islam that ISIS appears to be operating from. There also may be a majority of Muslims that are "moderate". How many are truely moderate, and how many are actually sympathetic to the radical form of Islam, we may never know. At any rate, the radical Muslims will have no problem will killing the moderate Muslims if opposed, so the moderate Muslims are afraid.

Forum List

Back