White House pushes US agencies to 'aggressively' boost in-person work

Burgermeister

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 23, 2021
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The White House wants federal agencies to "aggressively" execute a shift to more in-person work starting next month, saying it is crucial to delivering government services.

White House Chief of Staff Jeff Zients, in an email on Friday, said "we are returning to in-person work because it is critical to the well-being of our teams and will enable us to deliver better results for the American people."

Biden spent a quarter of his presidency at his homes in Delaware. Hopefully they will give medical exceptions like that for all government workers.

More good news to keep the blueturds in/around the cities.

Zoom, which remains a leader in the post-pandemic remote work trend, is now asking all employees within 50 miles of a company office to go in at least two days a week on a hybrid schedule.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The White House wants federal agencies to "aggressively" execute a shift to more in-person work starting next month, saying it is crucial to delivering government services.

White House Chief of Staff Jeff Zients, in an email on Friday, said "we are returning to in-person work because it is critical to the well-being of our teams and will enable us to deliver better results for the American people."

Biden spent a quarter of his presidency at his homes in Delaware. Hopefully they will give medical exceptions like that for all government workers.

Are you serious? In 4yrs how much time did Trump spend kicked back at his various resorts?

Working remote was extremely useful on keeping things running during the height of the pandemic.

Long term it has it’s used but generally is less productive.

I worked remote for almost a decade as a project manager. Went into the office for meetings and an occasional client meeting Or signature where ESign wasn’t acceptable. I found that when I was on the office I got less done because there was always interruptions and chit chat.

At home I would hit the floor running at 7 and work right through to 5 or 6

Of course that was because I had a lot of work that needed doing and it would be a mess if I slacked.

Other people work differently

This is because all of the lock downs and in home work have decimated the big blue large cities across America and they are just now figuring that out.

Forum List

Back