White House job application leaves no stone unturned

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
At least they are thorough, but I would like to know why it matters whether or not someone in their familiy owns a gun.

(CNN) -- If you want to work for President-elect Barack Obama's administration, be prepared to spill almost everything there is to know about yourself.

The Obama transition team is sending a seven-page, 63-item questionnaire to every candidate for Cabinet and other high-ranking positions in the incoming administration.

The questions cover everything from information on family members, Facebook pages, blogs and hired help to links to Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, American International Group and troubled banks as well as lawsuits, gifts, resumes, loans and more.

The transition team has about 7,000 positions to fill, according to the U.S. Government Printing Office's Plum Book, the quadrennial list of positions subject to presidential appointment.

White House job application leaves no stone unturned - CNN.com

I was asked if I smoke before I got hired at my current job... employers ask some strange questions....

I was asked if I smoke before I got hired at my current job... employers ask some strange questions....

Yeah, that one is pretty common these days. My problem is that smoking isn't specifically protected by the US Constitution(could fall under privacy). Guns are.

Yeah, that one is pretty common these days. My problem is that smoking isn't specifically protected by the US Constitution(could fall under privacy). Guns are.

Guns are protected under the privacy act? since when?

and perhaps it's a security clearance issue with the guns? I mean these people are going to be working in the white house... how do we know this isn't asked by every administration? do we have a list of job applications for previous administrations?

Guns are protected under the privacy act? since when?

and perhaps it's a security clearance issue with the guns? I mean these people are going to be working in the white house... how do we know this isn't asked by every administration? do we have a list of job applications for previous administrations?

No I mean the smoking question could be consider an invasion of privacy. Security clearance and guns? I don't see how the two are connected.

Suppose you/they don't want to get fired from a job, well subtly, but clearly do these things, wear fatigues and talk about your weekend hunting, talk about your war experiences, say you often have dreams about shooting someone who has annoyed you, say you lock up your guns for safety, but be friendly.

I doubt this is much different from any other presidential administration. CNN wants to push positive images of Obama, however, so any story that makes it look like it's strict and ethical, they'll buy right on the spot from the Obama handlers.

"Obama Administration Cabinet Members Best Ever", "Obama Gets Tough on Bad Things" and "Obama to Spread Complete Happiness to All" are some other headlines we'll see soon.

Forum List

Back