Hillary Clinton-Secretary of State?

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Mar 24, 2007
Maine
Well, NBC is reporting that 2 obama aids said Hillary is seriously being considered as secretary of state, if she accepts.

I don't know if it is true.....only because there have been so many pranks lately by people pretending to be someone that they are not, like with the prank on palin, and the prank or not vetted source with msnbc, who knows what to believe?

And also, if this is being leaked and it turns out not to be true, getting some of us who would think that Hillary would be a pretty darn good consideration for the position and our hopes up only to be let down, again....

my hubby said he heard senator kerry was vying for the spot so who really knows?

care

Last edited:
It's possible, but I will be surprised. After Hillary's RFK comment during the primaries, she may be hoping to run on the Democratic ticket in 2012. The Clintons are vile creatures. I wouldn't put anything past them.

AG would be great too....
even better, less contentious i would suppose, since the one difference between hillary and obama was on their foreign policies in the primary...

Hillary will get zip. If lucky they'll pay some of her debt down, an influx of capital into the economy if you will.

Hillary Clinton, Secretary of State? | 44 | washingtonpost.com

By Al Kamen and Philip Rucker
There's increasing chatter in political circles that the Obama camp is not overly happy with the usual suspects for secretary of state these days and that the field might be expanding somewhat beyond Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.), Gov. Bill Richardson (D-N.M.), Sen. Chuck Hagel (R-Neb.) and maybe former Democratic senator Sam Nunn of Georgia.

There's talk, indeed, that Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.) may now be under consideration for the post. Her office referred any questions to the Obama transition; Obama spokesman Tommy Vietor declined to comment.

The pick of the former presidential contender and Senate Armed Services Committee member would go a long way toward healing any remaining divisions within the Democratic Party after the divisive primaries. Also, Clinton has long been known for her work on international women's issues and human rights. The former first lady could also enhance Obama's efforts to restore U.S. standing amongst allies worldwide.

And Obama could put her in his speed-dial for a 3 a.m. phone call every morning.

Hillary for State? - First Read - msnbc.com

From NBC’s Andrea Mitchell
Two Obama advisers have told NBC News that Hillary Clinton is under consideration to be secretary of state. Would she be interested? Those who know Clinton say possibly. But her office says that any decisions about the transition are up to the president-elect and his team.
Clinton was seen taking a flight to Chicago today, but an adviser says it was on personal business. It is unknown whether she had any meeting or conversation with Obama while there.

Other Democrats known to want the State Department post are Sen. John Kerry and Gov. Bill Richardson. A possible compromise choice would be former Sen. Tom Daschle.

Oh, yeah, I thought you pulled that "seniority" meme out of your ass. I thought it sounded like BS. Why do you just make things up out of thin air?

Bill Frist had only been in the senate for 8 years, when he became majority leader.

Well, NBC is reporting that 2 obama aids said Hillary is seriously being considered as secretary of state, if she accepts.

I don't know if it is true.....only because there have been so many pranks lately by people pretending to be someone that they are not, like with the prank on palin, and the prank or not vetted source with msnbc, who knows what to believe?

And also, if this is being leaked and it turns out not to be true, getting some of us who would think that Hillary would be a pretty darn good consideration for the position and our hopes up only to be let down, again....

my hubby said he heard senator kerry was vying for the spot so who really knows?

care

her husband did Monica with a cigar and came on her blue dress you know..
do we really want a woman that digs a man like that as secretary of state??

care

Much better pick than Kerry imo. What do you think, Care? You were a hillary supporter, would you like to see her as SoS?

Last edited:
Hillary over Kerry anyday. This coming from a guy that voted for Kerry in 2004 (though not enthusiastically) AND Hillary in 2008.

Very qualified. A lot of overseas travelling she does to meet with foreign leaders will probably mean Bill comes along. Bill has great relationships with foreign leaders.

But yes, I'd much rather see her as Senate majority leader, especially over fucking Harry Reid.

Yes, because the Obama regime is all about CHANGE...so lets put the same old criminals back in.......yadda yadda yadda....

what a crock this whole thing was and is.

and I always go back to this...hoping one more person out there will get it....
the anti communitarian manifesto by niki f. raapana & nordica m. friedrich

First Obama has no experience and people don't want change. Then he picks experienced people to advise him and now there's not enough change. You cannot have it both ways.

First Obama has no experience and people don't want change. Then he picks experienced people to advise him and now there's not enough change. You cannot have it both ways.

hold on--you keep trying this crap.

Obama is this one who can't claim he is about change while hiring the same old folks.
Did anyone suggest that hiring the same old folks would somehow counteract his inexperience ?
If He claims to be experienced enough for the job and the people voted for him as a form of believing that claim, why are we going back to the same things?

Hillary over Kerry anyday. This coming from a guy that voted for Kerry in 2004 (though not enthusiastically) AND Hillary in 2008.

Very qualified. A lot of overseas travelling she does to meet with foreign leaders will probably mean Bill comes along. Bill has great relationships with foreign leaders.

But yes, I'd much rather see her as Senate majority leader, especially over fucking Harry Reid.

Well then why not just make Bubba SoS???

Because the Secretary of State is fourth in line to the Presidency after the VP, Speaker of the House, and President Pro Tempore. Being that Bill can't hold the Presidency, he therefore can't hold the SoS position.

hold on--you keep trying this crap.

Obama is this one who can't claim he is about change while hiring the same old folks.

He's changing the way business is done in Washington. By hiring "the same old folks" he isn't going against change. Change happens from the top - Obama. He's going to be different, he's going to bring in new ideas. If you go to his website, all of those new ideas are change. These ideas have never been tried in government before. So the ideas he's going to implement, the way this government is going to be run by him is the change.

Did anyone suggest that hiring the same old folks would somehow counteract his inexperience ? If He claims to be experienced enough for the job and the people voted for him as a form of believing that claim, why are we going back to the same things?[/quote]

You need to hire people to be in charge of different departments. Obama can't run the entire government himself. He needs to hire the best, most qualified people for the job who share his ideas and his philosophy. He's putting together a dream-team, a who's who of superstars to be on his cabinet... it's very exciting.

Forum List

Back