White House Christmas decorations look really beautiful

If you are into pagan traditions I suppose so...

I don't consider the nativity scene in the video to be pagan.Why do you?

A Nativity Scene - how ironic. They’ve put up a scene depicting a young Middle Eastern couple having their baby unassisted in a stable because no one would give them shelter or assistance.
Yeah, because the government was impoverishing them with the taxes they were in Bethlehem to pay to fund Herod's baby killers.

I don't consider the nativity scene in the video to be pagan.Why do you?

A Nativity Scene - how ironic. They’ve put up a scene depicting a young Middle Eastern couple having their baby unassisted in a stable because no one would give them shelter or assistance.

Do you even know the difference between Judaism, Christianity, and Islam?

When you say "Middle Eastern" couple, you're referring to Muslims, right? Did Islam give us a savior? Did Muhammad heal the sick, raise the dead, walk on the water, or feed a hungry crowd with literally nothing?

Did Muhammad die crucified on a cross, only the be resurrected? Does Muhammad save the lowly sinner, the drug addicts, whores, thieves, and destitute?

Not hardly. Last I heard, many of those who convert to Islam try to murder anyone who doesn't believe what they do. Tell me this: When was the last time you heard about a Christian killing women and children in a school, with a suicide vest? Or running over scores of people with a truck? Or decapitating scores of people at once, or burning them alive?

Get back to me when you have an answer.
"When you say "Middle Eastern" couple, you're referring to Muslims, right? Did Islam give us a savior? Did Muhammad heal the sick, raise the dead, walk on the water, or feed a hungry crowd with literally nothing?"

I was referring to Donald Trump who was arrested for housing discrimination, involved in over 3000 laws suits, was involved in 7 business bankruptcies and bragged about the money he made going bankrupt, who admitted to sexually assaulting women.

His personal charity was issued a cease and desist order for illegal fundraising, fined by the IRS for making illegal political campaign contributions, and is currently under investigation by the State of New York.

I can even find a rumour that BO sold drugs so I’m assuming that’s a lie you made up.

You're not looking hard enough.

And by the way: Donald J. Trump is your President. Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders will never ever be the President of the United States.

Get used to it.

Donald Trump is not my President, and never will be. I am not and will never be an American.

Justin Trudeau is my Prime Minister.
Prime minister of what?

So, things that began 3 - 4 hundred years ago is not tradition?

For a 2000 year old religion, 300 years is a recent tradition, and all of the current Christmas traditions have pagan roots.

History says that Jesus wasn’t born in December and most historians believe he was born in the fall. The basis of this belief is that shepherds were watching their flocks at night and sheep are not pastured in December in that part of the world. Nor did the Romans conduct a census at that time of year because the roads were in poor condition in winter.

Christmas, as we celebrate it with lights, cedar boughs, Christmas trees and feasts is almost entirely based on pagan winter solstice celebrations.

It’s still my favourite time of year.
Except that we are not discussing tradition in the sense of historically. People think in much shorter terms and a significant portion of them are not going to care about when Jesus was born. Why? Because when he was born in relation to the calendar means nothing. It is that we celebrate his birth and have chosen to do so on December 25th.
So change the German christmas pagan tree's name...Along with the lights and separate fact from fiction...Same with Santa, parents should make a habit of lying to children about Santa, or the Easter bunny....
Why? It is what it is and people are going to continue it, regardless of the agenda of anti religious people.
If you want to have pagan symbolism mixed with Christianity God will have a problem with that...
God doesn't give a fuck about your Christmas decorations. He's not even an American.

I was referring to Donald Trump who was arrested for housing discrimination, involved in over 3000 laws suits, was involved in 7 business bankruptcies and bragged about the money he made going bankrupt, who admitted to sexually assaulting women.

His personal charity was issued a cease and desist order for illegal fundraising, fined by the IRS for making illegal political campaign contributions, and is currently under investigation by the State of New York.

I can even find a rumour that BO sold drugs so I’m assuming that’s a lie you made up.

You're not looking hard enough.

And by the way: Donald J. Trump is your President. Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders will never ever be the President of the United States.

Get used to it.

Donald Trump is not my President, and never will be. I am not and will never be an American.

Justin Trudeau is my Prime Minister.
Prime minister of what?

Prime Minister of that great underdeveloped wasteland to the North of us...

Under developed wasteland???

Clean air, rivers that don’t catch on fire, great infrastructure, One of the top 5 education systems in the world, and the best quality of life in the world for 2017.

Meanwhile quality of life ratings for the US are slipping away.

For a 2000 year old religion, 300 years is a recent tradition, and all of the current Christmas traditions have pagan roots.

History says that Jesus wasn’t born in December and most historians believe he was born in the fall. The basis of this belief is that shepherds were watching their flocks at night and sheep are not pastured in December in that part of the world. Nor did the Romans conduct a census at that time of year because the roads were in poor condition in winter.

Christmas, as we celebrate it with lights, cedar boughs, Christmas trees and feasts is almost entirely based on pagan winter solstice celebrations.

Except that we are not discussing tradition in the sense of historically. People think in much shorter terms and a significant portion of them are not going to care about when Jesus was born. Why? Because when he was born in relation to the calendar means nothing. It is that we celebrate his birth and have chosen to do so on December 25th.
So change the German christmas pagan tree's name...Along with the lights and separate fact from fiction...Same with Santa, parents should make a habit of lying to children about Santa, or the Easter bunny....
Why? It is what it is and people are going to continue it, regardless of the agenda of anti religious people.
If you want to have pagan symbolism mixed with Christianity God will have a problem with that...

So now you’re speaking for God.

By the way, Christianity is compatible with other cultures and traditions. Just because Europeans incorporate their old traditions into Christmas or other religious holidays, doesn’t take away from the Christian aspect of it. As long as it doesn’t contradict the teachings. Having a Christmas tree doesn’t require one to denounce Jesus.

Agreed, this is no time to be playing Nicey-Nice. This year my decorations consist of one wooden table, one wooden chair, a hungry dog and one bottle of rum.

No jobs are coming back. The tax cuts will leave Middle and working class voters worse off, millions are losing their health insurance, and polluters have free rein to destroy your air and water
Don't take that job as a prophet. You're already failing miserably

haters gonna hate

It looks beautiful!
It looks nice but it's not a Christian tradition...The things you see now only began in the 17-18th century..Including peppermint..Christmas used to be outlawed in England and Boston...

"History says that Jesus wasn’t born in December "

I knew a Jesus once. And he was born in Mexico.

Under developed wasteland???

Clean air, rivers that don’t catch on fire, great infrastructure, One of the top 5 education systems in the world, and the best quality of life in the world for 2017.

Meanwhile quality of life ratings for the US are slipping away.
Wow. And all this time I thought it was like a big state on the other side of Montana where that one chick was from.

Forum List

Back