White House: BP to pay for cleanup

He's not comparing Katrina to the oil spill. He's comparing partisan responses.

So, Yurt - are you complaining that Dems aren't blaming this on Obama?

I still don't think I understand your point.

The Dems blamed Bush for everything that went wrong. It was reflexive.

Like lying us into two illegal wars and failing to capture bin ladin when we had a clear opportunity and outting a CIA operation designed to track WMDs and ignoring NSA agents with thier hair on fire about Al Quaida plans to fly planes into buildings... the handling of Katrina...the failure of rebuilding the levies that lead to the flooding...

Ya Poor George Bush was just being picked on. Bad ju ju ... Bad luck? No Bush was and is an arrogant little alcohol/cocaine recovering spoiled little prick that could not find oil in Saudi Arabia with the help of the Saudis and his daddies well placed friends from the cia.

Sorry ya moronic fuckwits... You can shriek your thinly disguised racist blowback for losing power with your own missdeeds and miscalculations but the truth has not yet been murdered. Bush was and still is by far the worst president of the United States.

What is never addmitted by you lying fucks is that Obamas problems were there when he sat down at his desk and Bush's troubles were almost ALL self induced with ignorance, greed, arrogance and stupidity.

You can blame Bush for a lot of things, Huggy, but blaming him for the condition of the levies prior to the onslaught of Katrina... Well, that just makes you look foolish.

He's not comparing Katrina to the oil spill. He's comparing partisan responses.

So, Yurt - are you complaining that Dems aren't blaming this on Obama?

I still don't think I understand your point.

ringel has it correct...and i surmise you know exactly what i am talking about, you're just playing obtuse

So, your point is "Dems blamed everything on Bush, so it's not fair they're not blaming everything on Obama"?

All things being equal, I gather some here believed the owner's of the World Trade Center should have paid to clean the streets of NYC after 911.

bush was heavily criticized for a mere 3 days, called a racist, but the governor and mayor, barely a whisper of complaint....how many days has it been here and nothing but praise from the left for the way obama is handling it? if this was still bush, i guarantee each and every one of you would be heavily criticizing him, pointing out his ties to big oil etc....

and really, this thread makes no sense

I haven't read much "praise" for Obama on this board

Where is it?

I'm not sure I know what the government can actually do about this disaster.

Perhaps you'd feel better if Obama declared a war on the oil spill?

Why shouldn't British petroleum pay?

They should pay. They are paying. I have seen nothing from BP saying that they would not pay for the clean up. In fact, Obama is just grandstanding - because BP never said it was not going to pay for the clean up and they were not 'forced' by the White House to pay up. Political point scoring from a disaster.... my, my, my, that's change we can believe in. Yep, Obama is certainly 'changing the way Washington does business'.

They should pay. They are paying. I have seen nothing from BP saying that they would not pay for the clean up. In fact, Obama is just grandstanding - because BP never said it was not going to pay for the clean up and they were not 'forced' by the White House to pay up. Political point scoring from a disaster.... my, my, my, that's change we can believe in. Yep, Obama is certainly 'changing the way Washington does business'.
Actually he was making it clear that the government will help but BP must foot the bill. It's always good to be clear about these things.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Obama administration says the cost of cleaning up a giant oil spill off the Gulf of Mexico will fall on BP PLC, the company that operated the rig.
White House spokesman Nick Shapiro says President Barack Obama has directed his administration to aggressively confront the oil spill. The military is working to determine how its array of aircraft, ships and equipment might be able to assist the cleanup operation.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2010/04/29/us/politics/AP-US-Oil-Rig-Explosion-Obama.html?_r=2

Why does Obama hate big business?

I think BP should pay for the cleanup.

I also think US law should require remote operated valves on oil-rigs that operate in US waters.....but it doesn't.

I think that trying to make political hay over this tragic accident is foolish.

This isn't a liberal or conservative disaster, folks.

This is EVERYBODY's disaster.

Jesus boys, get a clue.

I think that trying to make political hay over this tragic accident is foolish.

This isn't a liberal or conservative disaster, folks.

This is EVERYBODY's disaster.

Jesus boys, get a clue.

Tell that to Obama. He looks like he's getting ready to do just that.

I've been wondering for days what took him so long. The main focus has been the bigots and racists that live in the terrible state of ARIZONA

I think it's because he's been harping about "fairness" or something for about a week. He doesn't really have time to actually do his job these days.

Well, the President will make political points over this disaster if the agencies involved do a good job. Just the contrast from the last administrations handling of Katrina wil insure that.

Well, the President will make political points over this disaster if the agencies involved do a good job. Just the contrast from the last administrations handling of Katrina wil insure that.

Personally I think he's trying to figure out how to throw blame at a specific target without appearing obvious.

Actually he was making it clear that the government will help but BP must foot the bill. It's always good to be clear about these things.

Only idiots were not clear, Ravi. Business always foots the bill for its mess. BP have said nothing about not paying for it.

Personally, I see this as yet another opportunity for the dems to demonize big business, which I find pathetic.

It was BP's oil rig that blew up and they will pay for the damage and clean up. Exon did the same for their tanker.

Haven't heard anywhere that they are asking for anyones help.

Its a terrible tragedy that cost many lives and it will be used as a political football for all those against America drilling its own oil. Those with a green agenda will demonize it as well.

Thats politics folks. LOL

It was BP's oil rig that blew up and they will pay for the damage and clean up. Exon did the same for their tanker.

Haven't heard anywhere that they are asking for anyones help.

Its a terrible tragedy that cost many lives and it will be used as a political football for all those against America drilling its own oil. Those with a green agenda will demonize it as well.

Thats politics folks. LOL

It's also opportunism....

Figure the odds on any new drilling happening off of our coast.

I think Obama has a pact with the Devil to be honest.

This stuff just seems to fall into his lap.

Forum List

Back