White House allows big firms to dodge health reforms

Now you are just making things up. Why do we have to explain this every time?

Medicare is hundreds of millions over budget AGAIN,[ or is that still?]

Ok, I'm gonna help you out with a personal story;

I worked as a CSR for a company that did Med Sup Part D in Cali, and Cali only. There were around 200 of us, and each week we averaged 2 calls where the member would tell us, "I'm not dead." Medicare had declared them dead and canceled thier ins. Let me be clear. Medicare, with out ANY proof that the member died, declared them dead, and canceled, ended, shut down, thier Medicare and private insurance. The member called medicare and medicare lied and told them to call us, the only thing we could do is have them call medicare back. It takes about 3 months for medicare to fix the issue and have the person declared alive. We never were told how many people died b/c they no longer had or could get insurance.

And you 'want' these idiots to run it for millions more? And you think they will do a great job?

Damn dude, wake the hell up and smell the reality.

Do we need to turn this thread into horror stories about how private insurance companies screwed people over?

It would be easy enough to counter with government horror stories. The recent release of dems infecting blacks also applies. BTW they were told they were recieving treatment.

Thats a good one..

Best argument against Govt insurance yet....they will infect us with STDs

When you don't have a valid argument, Fear is always effective

Since I can't post links yet:

This the headline to NY Times article:

"New York Asks to Bar Use of Food Stamps to Buy Sodas"

A glimpse into the future for those on governmental health care.

Sounds very right wing to me. In fact, we had a thread on this not too long ago about Welfare queens using food stamps to buy sodas and Cheetohs

Since I can't post links yet:

This the headline to NY Times article:

"New York Asks to Bar Use of Food Stamps to Buy Sodas"

A glimpse into the future for those on governmental health care.

Sounds very right wing to me. In fact, we had a thread on this not too long ago about Welfare queens using food stamps to buy sodas and Cheetohs

I agree with the policy, you get government funds the government sets the rules. That is why I don't want to be forced into government programs. In many states you can buy beer with food stamps. It's nice to know my tax dollars are well spent.

We wouldn't have these problems if people had the option to choose Government Health coverage.

Major Corporations no longer want to be in the health care business......Time to implement the Govt Option

The time to implement the Govt. Option is when EVERYBODY pays federal tax. As long as we have 50% of you leeching off the 50% of us is no time to implement the "govt. option" you have too many sugar titties as it is.

Really?

They are running Medicare more efficiently than private insurance right now. If you think the government would do such a bad job, why do you fear it?
If people have an option between their private insurer and the lousy government plan...what do you have to lose?

What you fear is that the government plan will be lower cost and provide better service than your private plans

Now you are just making things up. Why do we have to explain this every time?

Medicare is hundreds of millions over budget AGAIN,[ or is that still?]

Ok, I'm gonna help you out with a personal story;

I worked as a CSR for a company that did Med Sup Part D in Cali, and Cali only. There were around 200 of us, and each week we averaged 2 calls where the member would tell us, "I'm not dead." Medicare had declared them dead and canceled thier ins. Let me be clear. Medicare, with out ANY proof that the member died, declared them dead, and canceled, ended, shut down, thier Medicare and private insurance. The member called medicare and medicare lied and told them to call us, the only thing we could do is have them call medicare back. It takes about 3 months for medicare to fix the issue and have the person declared alive. We never were told how many people died b/c they no longer had or could get insurance.

And you 'want' these idiots to run it for millions more? And you think they will do a great job?

Damn dude, wake the hell up and smell the reality.

Do we need to turn this thread into horror stories about how private insurance companies screwed people over?

If a private company screws you, you can;
Sue for more, way more than it would hav cost them.
Drop them and go elsewhere
If it's through your job, you can have your job drop them. [a place I worked at did that twice]
You can tell the world how crappy they are and other people will drop them.

If the government screws you;
You have to get permission to sue
you can't drop them unless you can pay the fine for not having ins
The rest you can do.

A private co makes money off it's members
The gov taxes everyone, even non-members
a private co must make a profit or close down
the gov can just increase taxes

And then there's that annoying Constitution that won't allow the gov to directly compete, but we can ignore that some more. It's for our own good.

It would be easy enough to counter with government horror stories. The recent release of dems infecting blacks also applies. BTW they were told they were recieving treatment.

Thats a good one..

Best argument against Govt insurance yet....they will infect us with STDs

When you don't have a valid argument, Fear is always effective

Yes we see how you want to limit all the implications. Of course that falls in with denying the government is the largest denier of services. Why do you even post?

We wouldn't have these problems if people had the option to choose Government Health coverage.

Major Corporations no longer want to be in the health care business......Time to implement the Govt Option

The time to implement the Govt. Option is when EVERYBODY pays federal tax. As long as we have 50% of you leeching off the 50% of us is no time to implement the "govt. option" you have too many sugar titties as it is.

What we need to do is prevent people who receive government money from voting or only allow taxpayers to vote. Either one would work.

NYT: Obama lets firms dodge health reforms - Health - The New York Times - msnbc.com

As Obama administration officials put into place the first major wave of changes under the health care legislation, they have tried to defuse stiffening resistance — from companies like McDonald’s and some insurers — by granting dozens of waivers to maintain even minimal coverage far below the new law’s standards.

The story is long, but it's interesting.

Why, if the plan is so good, would they offer waivers when there are already penalties in place for those that don't buy insurance?

Seems that they should just fine McDonalds and the others for not following the law.

For the same reason ATT and Verizon were not punished for breaking federal wire tap laws.
And if you cannot figure out the reason then you do not know anything much about USA politics.

What we need to do is prevent people who receive government money from voting or only allow taxpayers to vote. Either one would work.

So about 30% of eligable voters should not be able to vote?
No military votes nor for any govt employees.

The liberal/progressive stance is that corporations are evil. Yet the WH lets some of the largest corps dodge the health care laws. Hypocritical at best.

So about 30% of eligable voters should not be able to vote?
No military votes nor for any govt employees.

Thanks for pointing out the lack of specificity in my post. I did not intend to exclude those that had government jobs or the military, just those that receive government funds from social programs such as food stamps, housing subsides (including rent control....sorry Charlie Rangle) and the like. Social Security could also be excluded (although not if it was means tested like it should be.)

yea!!! I would not have these problems if the goobermint could connect me to a feeding tube, connected to the goobermint food stamp feed bank, put my laptop on a tv tray and velcro the Satellite remote to my couch...........:rolleyes:

Are you of the opinion that the Govt Option would be free?

Are you that out of touch?

They are running Medicare more efficiently than private insurance right now.

that is completely off the wall, insane, your uber partisanship is showing.

If you think the government would do such a bad job, why do you fear it?
If people have an option between their private insurer and the lousy government plan...what do you have to lose?

Post office???as some have already alluded Amtrack? Medicare, Medicaid, Schip, Social Security, Defense, ? etc....
and with the mandate they have are you so beaten down that the gov. is the only recourse you ever see? its almost, well, pitiful, seriously.

Thats all you have, say, or infer, government .....government .....government .......government, get out there and do something for yourself...Christ RW.

How about this....YOU name me something (and be prerpared to back it up), that they do DO effectively and efficiently, meaning- successfully, within the budget and time constraints the original plan outlined and enacted....

Last edited:

It's become an expensive benefit to offer.

But a government would be a comical and unconstitutional option. I also don't think I need to remind you of how poorly the government runs anything.

Really?

They are running Medicare more efficiently than private insurance right now. If you think the government would do such a bad job, why do you fear it?

What you fear is that the government plan will be lower cost and provide better service than your private plans

Medicare is about as inefficient and inept as it comes... just the thought of you thinking that it is a good or efficient program is making my sides hurt from the laughter

And what do I fear... more government red tape... more monies being channeled into more government activities where it don't belong... and the fact that when government gets it's fingers into something, it digs deeper with them grabbing more and more power than what it was initially given

Simple enough?

That's wrong, that's very wrong. Everyone has the right to vote and always will.

the next step after that would be land owners are the only ones that get to vote b/c they have more invested in the country, or those that pay more taxes get more votes.

That's wrong, that's very wrong. Everyone has the right to vote and always will.

the next step after that would be land owners are the only ones that get to vote b/c they have more invested in the country, or those that pay more taxes get more votes.

That was actually the original intent. Only landowners could vote in the beginning. The nature of land ownership has changed over time so I don't think that is currently the best solution. But people should not be able to vote to spend other peoples money when they contribute nothing to generating that money.

NYT: Obama lets firms dodge health reforms - Health - The New York Times - msnbc.com

As Obama administration officials put into place the first major wave of changes under the health care legislation, they have tried to defuse stiffening resistance — from companies like McDonald’s and some insurers — by granting dozens of waivers to maintain even minimal coverage far below the new law’s standards.

The story is long, but it's interesting.

Why, if the plan is so good, would they offer waivers when there are already penalties in place for those that don't buy insurance?

Seems that they should just fine McDonalds and the others for not following the law.

For the same reason ATT and Verizon were not punished for breaking federal wire tap laws.
And if you cannot figure out the reason then you do not know anything much about USA politics.

So you don't have an answer, you just wanted to insult me.

Thanks for coming.

Forum List

Back