White House Accused Of Federal Crime In Specter,Bennet Races...

LibocalypseNow

Jul 30, 2009
This really could be a Bombshell explosion in the 2010 Elections...

For the second time in five months,the Obama White House is being accused by Democrats of offering high ranking Government jobs in return for political favors. What no one is reporting is that this is a violation of Federal Law that can lead to prison time,a fine,or both according to Title 18,Chapter 11,Section 211 of the United States Code. The jobs in question? Secretary of the Navy and a position within the U.S. Agency for International Development.

As usual the MSM has chose to ignore this very disturbing scandal. Gee i wonder what the MSM reaction would be if this President had an (R) by his name? I think we all know the answer to that question. I'm pretty sure Liberal Media outlets like CNN,NBC,and the NY Times would be up on their high horses today screeching about awful criminal corruption. Yet not a peep out this same MSM on this scandal. Pretty sad stuff.

You can read more on this scandal at The American Spectator : White House Accused of Federal Crime in Specter, Bennet Races

Last edited:
it's also BS unless they offered SOMEONE ELSE something of value IN EXCHANGE for a position.

offering someone a position if they don't run against someone else is called...

P-O-L-I-T-I-C-S

You could be right Xenophon. Might depend on the cooperation of candidates involved with the scandal. I'm still pretty shocked that the MSM has ignored this. Maybe i shouldn't be though. There are no R's involved so the MSM just doesn't care i guess.

it's also BS unless they offered SOMEONE ELSE something of value IN EXCHANGE for a position.

P-O-L-I-T-I-C-S

Hope and Change at it's finest!

"Whoever solicits or receives anything of value,in consideration of the promise of support or use of influence in obtaining for any person any appointive office or place under the United States,shall be fined under the title or imprisoned not more than one year,or both." -- 18 USC Sec. 211 -- Bribery,Graft,and Conflicts of Interest: Acceptance or solicitation to obtain appointive public office.

P-O-L-I-T-I-C-S

Oh....you mean "the way it has always been"....
But I thought Obama was going to change that...

Perhaps I misunderstood him when he said, no less than 1000 times..."I am going to change the way things are done in Washington"

P-O-L-I-T-I-C-S

Perhaps I misunderstood him when he said, no less than 1000 times..."I am going to change the way things are done in Washington"

You must have missed his fingers crossed behind his back.

I am thoroughly ashamed of our American MSM at this point. Apparently they're only Watchdogs when a Republican is in power. They become shameful Lapdogs as soon as a Democrat gains power. How sad.

P-O-L-I-T-I-C-S

He never said, nor is it possible, to completely change washington. ONly a fool would believe a complete change... oh, obama bashers saying these things, of course

P-O-L-I-T-I-C-S

He never said, nor is it possible, to completely change washington. ONly a fool would believe a complete change... oh, obama bashers saying these things, of course

of course.

and i don't think there's anything wrong with saying to someone, heck, don't try to mess us up and we'll give you *this* job...

more faux outrage...

The way the article laid it out it sounds like a crime to me. We shall see.

I am thoroughly ashamed of our American MSM at this point. Apparently they're only Watchdogs when a Republican is in power. They become shameful Lapdogs as soon as a Democrat gains power. How sad.
All the more reason for people to walk away from news sources that will not and refuse to report the news in truth.

Who is going to investigate this scandal? This is where things get tricky. The Democrats control everything so this scandal may never be fully investigated. I hope i'm wrong though. This definitely needs to be investigated.

Man,if these people had R's instead of D's in front of their names?...Yikes!

If they had R's instead of D's, you wouldn't even know this much. Remember the US Attorney scandal and how hard it was to get info?

But I've got to give you one. At least this is a real charge unlike most of the 'Obama Offenses' that you wing nuts come up with. I doubt if anything ever comes of it though. Why? Because unless someone recorded their conversations, it's 'he said she said'. And the last time I checked, neither of these guys got jobs.

Also, I would be interested in knowing what is meant by " "offered specific suggestions" for a job in the Obama Administration". That could be anything from who to send his resume to; to how to get Rham and whomever runs USAID to recommend you to the POTUS. That statement says to me, that if this happened, the 'White House official' was someone who didn't have the authority to promise anyone anything, otherwise, he could have provided more than just specific suggestions for a job.

But I've got to say, I've heard of this sort of thing happening all of my adult life; but I've never known the accuser to have gotten the position he/she said was offered. And I've never known of an incident to get investigated before. But hey, there is always a first time.

Nice spin but it doesn't make it right. Where the H*LL is the MSM??

Spin??? You consider it spin because I'm not all in a tizzy like you? We all know you're one of those irrational Obama haters; you have been for a very long time. And I've got to tell you, the MSM ignored a whole lot more in GOP administrations that they ever have in Democratic administrations. For inistance, they never investigated the Carlyle Group, Halliburton, Cheney and the Iraqi war, since these are the people who profited from it. The US got zilch out of it.

So, before you don your Chicken Little suite, you might want to try and remember.

Forum List

Back