Which state is the most fucked up politically?

Wiseacre

Retired USAF Chief
Apr 8, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I would think it would be between New York, Illinois, and California, any other candidates? My birth state of Michigan was up there too, but it looks like they're making some changes and moving in the right direction. Tough call, still gotta go with CA tho.

It depends on whether you like freedom (economic and personal) or not. If freedom is important to you, here's the bottom 10:

1. New York
2. New Jersey
3. Rhode Island
4. California
5. Maryland
6. Hawaii
7. Washington
8. Massachusetts
9. Illinois
10. Connecticut

Arizona. I love living here, state and county politics are fun to watch. It's republican on republican crime. They've pushed the limit so far that they are turning on each other.

Which State is the most fucked up politically? My guess is any State that favored Obama in the last election.

It depends on whether you like freedom (economic and personal) or not. If freedom is important to you, here's the bottom 10:

1. New York
2. New Jersey
3. Rhode Island
4. California
5. Maryland
6. Hawaii
7. Washington
8. Massachusetts
9. Illinois
10. Connecticut

Which freedoms have the ten states you named removed?

Guess I should make a formal list:

1. Utah - Almost a theocracy.
2. Texas - Secessionist Traitors.
3. Alabama - Conservative welfare state.
4. Alaska - Batshit crazy Secessionist traitors.
5. Well most of the South..really. Welfare states..one and all.

I would think it would be between New York, Illinois, and California, any other candidates? My birth state of Michigan was up there too, but it looks like they're making some changes and moving in the right direction. Tough call, still gotta go with CA tho.
My three picks are NC, CT and NJ.
IN NC there is a very powerful political structure here that is just now being exposed.
The money flowing through Raleigh is just incredible and each fiscal year the Governor says the government is heavily in debt. The state bureau of investigation and the dept of transportation have ongoing investigations against them for acts going back 20 or 30 years.
NJ is a place where political bosses determine whether or not a candidate can even get their name on a ballot. Elected officials in Trenton have had a long standing position that public worker unions are sacrosanct. Nepotism and bid rigging are entrenched policies.
Governor Christie has been hammering away at corruption. One example is he urged and received by legislative approval the power to oversee and regulate local and county utility boards. This after an investigation of the Passaic Valley Sewerage Commission uncovered nepotism and no show jobs.

1. New York
2. New Jersey
3. Rhode Island
4. California
5. Maryland
6. Hawaii
7. Washington
8. Massachusetts
9. Illinois
10. Connecticut

It's all here:

Freedom in the
50 states
An index of personal and
economic freedom

Happy reading.

This seems like a more reasonable measure than the "they don't think like me" knee jerk responses that liberals are giving in this thread.

1. New York
2. New Jersey
3. Rhode Island
4. California
5. Maryland
6. Hawaii
7. Washington
8. Massachusetts
9. Illinois
10. Connecticut

It's all here:

Freedom in the
50 states
An index of personal and
economic freedom

Happy reading.

And what was your conclusion from the report? Did you read from page 17 on? I wonder if access to abortions was factored into personal freedom? How about state deficits or education rankings?

It's all here:

Freedom in the
50 states
An index of personal and
economic freedom

Happy reading.

And what was your conclusion from the report? Did you read from page 17 on? I wonder if access to abortions was factored into personal freedom? How about state deficits or education rankings?

My conclusion is that it's a very good paper if freedom is important to you. Yes, I've read the entire paper. They talk about high-profile issues such as abortion. I have some time later today if you would like for me to read it to you.

Forum List

Back