Which Politicians Are in the Tea Party’s Crosshairs?

TruthOut10

Dec 3, 2012
Far-right Republicans are mounting primary challenges and foiling the GOP establishment’s hunt for electable candidates. David Freedlander on who will face the Tea Party’s fury next.

One by one, they have fallen. Bob Bennett in Utah. Richard Lugar in Indiana. Mike Castle in Delaware. Longtime pols, all of them, with long records in the halls of power, or handpicked by national leaders to run for office. And one by one, they and others found their profiles as electable lawmakers with the record to prove it used as a cudgel against them by Tea Party activists determined to purge the Republican Party of any kind of wishy-washy moderation.

In 2010 it was an aberration. By 2012 it was a trend. And now that the 2014 elections are around the corner, the GOP machine has finally said enough, and enlisted Karl Rove and others to end the trend of far-right-wingers knocking off establishment-friendly candidates in Republican primaries. Those revolutionaries, you see, turned out to be weak general-election opponents against Democrats, and so the revolution was costing the GOP seats in statehouses and the Senate that were rightly theirs.

But revolutionaries have a tendency not to go down quietly, so when word leaked of Rove’s plan the Tea Party swung quickly into action, denouncing the machine for meddling and vowing to keep the heat on the establishment. Now the family dispute is threatening to turn into a full-scale civil war, playing out in states from Maine to Alaska. As the battle drums beat louder and louder, we scout out the field.

Which Politicians Are in the Tea Party's Crosshairs? - The Daily Beast

Hmmm.

What about Mitch McConnell and John Boehner? Second tier blowhards like Lindsay Graham and Orrin Hatch and those confused, lost women from Maine could be next.

Those are the ones the Tea Party need to take down if they want to jump start their credibility up by the hoop.

Last edited:
By 'far right' you mean 'anyone I disagree with', right?

Moron.

As an aside, it's still fascinating that those who use the word 'truth' in their usernames are those least likely to value the meaning of the word.

Last edited:

Moron.

As an aside, it's still fascinating that those who use the word 'truth' in their usernames are those least likely to value the meaning of the word.

Wrong once again, I'm so tired of the bullshit reverse rhetoric. As if your dumb ass ever had an original thought to begin with. I never gave my insight about this article, but your dumb ass half ass attempted to make it about me.

So damn dumb and so seen it an 1,000 times on this board with the rest of your knuckle draggers.

This article is about Republicans eating their own, how the establishment is in battle with the Tea party faction of the party. Now I know it might be hard, but as another knuckle dragger dumb ass, do you have an opinion about the "war" within the Republican Party?

Moron.

It's the same way as those that have "girl" in their name, when it should actually be "300lb lard ass"

Forum List

Back