Which party's members best adhere to this oath of office that all of them have to take?

which party (in general) best adheres to the words of that oath?

• Democrats

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Independents

• who knows?

• Total voters

notmyfault2020

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2022
Apparently, all newly elected Congresspersons have to take the following oath and maybe even the president

“I ____________ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”

So, which Congresspersons (meaning, their parties in general) actually adhere to the words of that oath (more than the opposition)?

Apparently, all newly elected Congresspersons have to take the following oath and maybe even the president

“I ____________ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”

So, which Congresspersons (meaning, their parties in general) actually adhere to the words of that oath (more than the opposition)?

Why isn't every democrat arrested for perjury the moment they utter the oath?

• Banned
I was going to vote Hardly any of them because that is true..

But the question was which party BEST adheres (not: adheres perfectly.. or what have u)

• Banned
I voted hardly any of them because "HANG THE DIRTY BASTARDS" wasn't an option listed. :dunno:
no need to kill them

But they should be voted out.. definitley should be term limits.. but those voting on such.. are the ones who.. strangely, don't want to bring up the issue... their vote wouldn't set well with most Americans, much less would they cut off their pinocchio sized noses to spite their face by so limiting themselves

I can think of one politician that does. Probably are a couple more, just dont know them.
Mr. No is the shiznit as far as pols go.

Who would that be?
I know of a few that are darn close.
Thomas Massie, Chip Roy, Mike Lee and there's one from the Carolina's who has a 100 liberty/conservative score.

Note to add: Dan Bishop (SC) has a 100% liberty score.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Who would that be?
Thomas Massie, Chip Roy, Mike Lee and there's one from the Carolina's who has a 100 liberty/conservative score.
Ted Cruz
Marjorie Greene (though not as familiar w/ her voting record.. kind of assumed considering what I do know about her)
Jim Jordan
Devin Nunes (is he still there? He is the CEO of Truth Social, I know that.. I think he is no longer in Congress.. what a shame)

Ted Cruz
Marjorie Greene (though not as familiar w/ her voting record.. kind of assumed considering what I do know about her)
Jim Jordan
Devin Nunes (is he still there? He is the CEO of Truth Social, I know that.. I think he is no longer in Congress.. what a shame)

Cruz? You're kidding, right? He voted to Fund the war in Ukraine through the end of Joe Biden's first term with a $40 billion aid package.
The ‘gag and vote for it’ small-business-killing coronavirus emergency legislation.
Pass a $19 billion spending bill without funding for the border crisis

Nunes was even worse than Cruz.

Man, you really should keep up with these voting records a little better.

Who would that be?

Note to add: Dan Bishop (SC) has a 100% liberty score.
Massie. I call him Mr. No lol
Not sure who chip roy is, but mike lee loves some federal power.

I can think of one politician that does. Probably are a couple more, just dont know them.
Mr. No is the shiznit as far as pols go.
I'd say the closest approximations are Rand Paul and Thomas Massie.....The handful of the "Freedom Caucus" might scratch across the 65% threshhold.....The rest are total mutts.

Massie. I call him Mr. No lol
Not sure who chip roy is, but mike lee loves some federal power.

Lee has a 94% liberty score. So he's got a good voting record. Anyone in the mid to high 90's, I can support. Unless there's something I missed. I don't keep up with him.
All of my GOP senators and congressman are liberal republicans.

Here's Chip Roys Liberty score. It's a 100%. Even Massie doesn't that high (close at 96%). But I'd vote for Massie for President in a heart beat.

Lee has a 94% liberty score. So he's got a good voting record. Anyone in the mid to high 90's, I can support. Unless there's something I missed. I don't keep up with him.

Here's Chip Roys Liberty score. It's a 100%. Even Massie doesn't that high (close at 96%). But I'd vote for Massie for President in a heart beat.
Lee is trying to use the fed gov to ban sexual content from the internet. Lol no joke.
Chip dont look too bad! Thanks

Cruz? You're kidding, right? He voted to Fund the war in Ukraine through the end of Joe Biden's first term with a $40 billion aid package.
The ‘gag and vote for it’ small-business-killing coronavirus emergency legislation.
Pass a $19 billion spending bill without funding for the border crisis

Nunes was even worse than Cruz.

Man, you really should keep up with these voting records a little better.
sorry, I will wait until I have a reliable source for this kind of information.

Liberals are automatically NOT in that category

you neglect to define Liberty

If liberty includes the freedom to murder the unborn

That is obviously not liberty for the unborn, who are forced to die and go where they do not choose to go.. the trashcan

85% say Republicans or Hardly any of them

which is not surprising since most people here don't follow fake news

you neglect to define Liberty

If liberty includes the freedom to murder the unborn

That is obviously not liberty for the unborn, who are forced to die and go where they do not choose to go.. the trashcan

What does liberty have to do with anything? It's just the name of their score. Ask them the connection. I'm more interested in the politicians scores. Obviously is pretty accurate, since most democrats don't even score in the teens.

sorry, I will wait until I have a reliable source for this kind of information.

Liberals are automatically NOT in that category

There's this thing called "voting records." You might check them out. It comes in handy when learning who to support and who not to.

Forum List

Back