Which cause of death gets the most coverage by the MSM...

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
There were 3,219 such deaths in 2020, followed by motor vehicle traffic deaths, of which there were 2,882.
What is the difference then between a person who pulls a trigger and the person who drives a car... both made choices.
So why don't we ban all guns and all cars?
Both causes are the responsibility of an individual that evidently doesn't have any responsibility. So lets ban guns and cars... OK?

There were 3,219 such deaths in 2020, followed by motor vehicle traffic deaths, of which there were 2,882.
What is the difference then between a person who pulls a trigger and the person who drives a car... both made choices.
Both causes are the responsibility of an individual that evidently doesn't have any responsibility. So lets ban guns and cars... OK?
I wonder how many more deaths from cars there would be if cars were as loosely regulated as guns. I wonder how many more deaths from cars there would be if the only purpose for cars' existence were to cause deaths like guns.

The largest cause of death of children in America is by gun. Banning guns is still not a solution and never will be.

A cultural change will be the solution because it will mark the 'decline' of interest in assault style weapons and handguns that are designed for the specific job of committing murder.

I wonder how many more deaths from cars there would be if cars were as loosely regulated as guns. I wonder how many more deaths from cars there would be if the only purpose for cars' existence were to cause deaths like guns.
Not to put too fine a point on it, but causing death is NOT the only purpose for guns.
I'm a sport shooter, sporting clays, skeet, trap, competitions, like Camp Perry.

Many of the competitors are veterans. Shooting was their life when they were in the military. When they retire, they still enjoy shooting sports.

The apparent problem are the crazies, druggies, and/or the Leftists who are looking for nastier massacres to trigger gun control. If you look at the mass shooters, they are NOT mainstream shooters, they are psychos with guns. You know damn well that the gun control nuts are cheering on the mass shootings hoping for the final straw that breaks the 2nd Amendment supporters.

I hope that there is some middle-ground that can keep guns out of the hands of crazies, but allows the veteran shooters to keep their competitions.

Guns are also used for personal protection and home defense. The police are being defunded, and criminals are being unleashed.

Last edited:
That's a good point. The big difference is this:
The Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution guarantees a "right of the people to keep and bear arms".
Now in 1787 there were no cars, and therefore no guarantee the "right of the people to keep and bear cars".

The Seizure of Arms has Always Been an Act of Tyranny​

This characteristic of tyranny is nothing new. In the sixth century BC, the Persian king Cyrus the Great asked his new adviser—the defeated King Croesus of Lydia—how to stop the Lydian people from revolting. Cyrus wanted to know how to control a population, not an insignificant concern for a monarch. According to Herodotus, Croesus advised that the people should not be allowed to possess "weapons of war" and that they instead should "instruct their sons to play the lyre, sing, and sell things." Cyrus was persuaded, he ordered the confiscation of the people's arms, and, as Herodotus reports, "the Lydians altered their whole way of life." The plan was a success

But the point I'm making is the BIASED MSM takes these situations and spent thousands of hours blaring out a handful of deaths.
But how many minutes of national coverage of car deaths?

The largest cause of death of children in America is by gun. Banning guns is still not a solution and never will be.

A cultural change will be the solution because it will mark the 'decline' of interest in assault style weapons and handguns that are designed for the specific job of committing murder.

Actually, that's a Big Lie by the libs.

If you look at the statistic, it includes "children" up through age 19.

18 and 19 year olds are only considered "children" for this as it supposedly makes the point.

But those are two of the chief gang-banging years, and for any other stat they are counted as adults. If an 18 year old commits a murder, they go to the electric chair or the penitentiary, not the juvie system.

Just shut the fuck up and go away. You're not banning anything, faggot.

Don't be stupid.

Car ownership and usage is regulated. Licensing, insurance, yearly inspections. Lets apply the same standards to guns.

OK?

The main stream media has an agenda... so counting on them is a waste of time... what I'd like to take bets on is how long will it take for the DOJ to call the last school shooting a hate crime....

Not to put too fine a point on it, but causing death is NOT the only purpose for guns.
I'm a sport shooter, sporting clays, skeet, trap, competitions, like Camp Perry.

Many of the competitors are veterans. Shooting was their life when they were in the military. When they retire, they still enjoy shooting sports.

The apparent problem are the crazies, druggies, and/or the Leftists who are looking for massacres to impose gun control. If you look at the mass shooters, they are NOT mainstream shooters, they are psychos with guns. You know damn well that the gun control nuts are cheering on the mass shootings hoping for the final straw that breaks the 2nd Amendment supporters.

I hope that there is some middle-ground that can keep guns out of the hands of crazies, but allows the veteran shooters to keep their competitions.

Guns are also used for personal protection and home defense. The police are being defunded, and criminals are being unleashed.
With the liberals, it's not about the deaths, if it were they would be doing something about the fentanyl coming
across the border too. It's about using these tragedies to go after our Second Amendment.
If we lose it, we will be a much more compliant nation. Look at the countries where weapons were removed.
As long as we have the Second Amendment, this government cannot contend with 400 million weapons.
Our Founding fathers were much smarter than the idiots on the Hill.

Don't be stupid.
Car ownership and usage is regulated. Licensing, insurance, yearly inspections. Lets apply the same standards to guns.
OK?
I'm fine with that. But also, we need to cross-check people on psych meds or are red-flagged.
Most of the mass shooters were no-brainers, easily identifiable if anyone looked at them.
I don't know if there are any psych tests that can be given to renew gun licenses?
Or if therapists can toggle a flag to the FBI to deny gun purchases?
(when you buy a gun the FBI is contacted)

Feel free to take the OP to task your dickless wonder. He made the comparison.

You were the one who made the idiotic suggestion of applying licensing and registration to guns. If anyone is a bunch of weak and inadequate dickless wonders, that would be you Democrats. No matter how hard you cry and stamp your feet, there will never be another assault weapons ban. You're impotent to do anything about it, and you know it.

I'm fine with that. But also, we need to cross-check people on psych meds or are red-flagged.
Most of the mass shooters were no-brainers, easily identifiable if anyone looked at them.
I don't know if there are any psych tests that can be given to renew gun licenses?
Or if therapists can toggle a flag to the FBI to deny gun purchases?
(when you buy a gun the FBI is contacted)
I think there needs to be some looking into their recent social media posts as well. If they don't have any social media presence...okay. But if you uncover something that is a red flag (excuse the pun), it should be looked into.

You were the one who made the idiotic suggestion of applying licensing and registration to guns. If anyone is a bunch of weak and inadequate dickless wonders, that would be you Democrats. No matter how hard you cry and stamp your feet, there will never be another assault weapons ban. You're impotent to do anything about it, and you know it.
Getting rid of cars was not an idiotic suggestion to you, dickless?

The apparent problem are the crazies, druggies, and/or the Leftists who are looking for nastier massacres to trigger gun control. If you look at the mass shooters, they are NOT mainstream shooters, they are psychos with guns. You know damn well that the gun control nuts are cheering on the mass shootings hoping for the final straw that breaks the 2nd Amendment supporters.

Your opinion is fine but to compare guns with cars is absurd

Forum List

Back