Where Were You On 9/11/2001??

Great memories.

I was in a cabin over 100 miles away from "civilization". Heard about the twin towers on the radio. Nothing any of us could do so we finished breakfast, went out at first light and bagged a 51-inch moose and a medium sized grizz. The rug made from the bear is still at the cabin but the moose is long since devoured. Only direct downside is that when we got back to "civilization" one of our number was stuck there for a week or so because nothing was flying

Having flown in the NY terminal area I first thought there was some chance it might have been accidental but that faded fast when the second plane......

Having flown in the NY terminal area I first thought there was some chance it might have been accidental but that faded fast when the second plane......

Yep, that was my first thought as well when I saw the first plane had hit. The first thing I thought was "who fucked up"? Followed by wondering if it was pilot error, mechanical issue, or the air traffic controller had messed up.

But, when I saw the second plane hit after I'd finished putting on my uniform, I high tailed it into work, because once is an accident, two is intentional action, and I knew we were under attack.

Video of Trump bragging about the height of Trump Tower in 9/11 aftermath resurfaces

I will never forget where I was on 9/11 --- I was on my way to work, listening to Sports Radio when the radio hosts in real time started talking about a story they saw developing on their TV screens -- Initially they thought it was an plane accident until they saw the second plane hit -- you could hear the gasp in their voice, one of the most surreal moments in my life.

So....where were you when this terrorist attack happened?? Also, where were you when on that same day, Trump took to the airwaves to brag about having the tallest building in NYC??

View attachment 278711

At least for some, there was a silver lining to this tragedy....

I remember clearly, as I was enjoying an adult beverage in a local cocktail lounge where the islamonazis attacked. The gentleman, Squirrel, who was sitting on the next bar stool estimated that 250,000 would die. Fortunately, he was wrong, but he was a veteran of the US Army so he did have qualifications.

Video of Trump bragging about the height of Trump Tower in 9/11 aftermath resurfaces

I will never forget where I was on 9/11 --- I was on my way to work, listening to Sports Radio when the radio hosts in real time started talking about a story they saw developing on their TV screens -- Initially they thought it was an plane accident until they saw the second plane hit -- you could hear the gasp in their voice, one of the most surreal moments in my life.

So....where were you when this terrorist attack happened?? Also, where were you when on that same day, Trump took to the airwaves to brag about having the tallest building in NYC??

View attachment 278711

I remember clearly, as I was enjoying an adult beverage in a local cocktail lounge where the islamonazis attacked. The gentleman, Squirrel, who was sitting on the next bar stool estimated that 250,000 would die. Fortunately, he was wrong, but he was a veteran of the US Army so he did have qualifications.
Which part of the world were you in?

View attachment 278711

I was in the Tremendous Mahoning Valley of eastern Ohio.

View attachment 278711

You were in a cocktail lounge at 9 in the morning?

I had driven to Cox Cable early in the morning to discuss my cable service. When I entered the building an entire wall of big screen TV's were all on the same channel that was showing a very tall building with smoke pouring out the top. There was a crowd of about 30 people standing there watching so I joined them. One person commented that an airplane had flown into the the skyscraper.

I stood there for a few minutes watching the spectacle, but it had gotten boring, so I decided to finish my business and drive back home.

Just as I started to turn and leave a large airliner slammed into the the second building. The entire crowd in unison made an audible gasp. Then one man in the stunned crowd of people said, "They have done it again"!!

At that exact moment, I knew who the "they" was he was referring to, and that it wasn't going to be good. ... :cool:
PM

I'd gone to Toyko on business. As soon as I got to my hotel room, I flipped on CNN as I called my wife and the first tower was already burning. As we were talking about it, both watching CNN, and wondering how in hell it could possibly happen (we're both pilots), the second plane hit the other tower and we instantly realized that it was no accident. A week later I was on one of the first flights allowed back into the US.

View attachment 278711

You were in a cocktail lounge at 8 in the morning?

Is that unusual where you are from? In the rust belt, barrooms traditionally like to open at 7 a.m.

On 9-11-94 (technically 9-12, but was still 9-11 on my schedule), I was on my way home from a gig about 2:30 AM when I saw a small plane overhead as I was crossing the 14th St bridge into DC. What seemed odd was its trajectory into the heart of the city. My understanding was that that was restricted airspace.
The next day I realized it was the plane that was reported having crashed onto the White House lawn.

Frank Eugene Corder: Crashing His Cesna Into White House Grounds - History

I was on a construction job in down town Houston when a dump truck driver said he heard on the radio that some student pilot somewhere had flown into a building. By the end of the day, the story had grown to a dozen planes flying into buildings all over the country. It all sounded like a hoax or bullshit to me. It was later when I got off work before I learned what had actually happened.

I op goes petty politics in remembering 9-11, sad how people can’t put politics away for one day.

View attachment 278711

I thought you were going to say you were boarding the plane you were going to hijack and crash into Trump tower when your plane was grounded because your buds had done their job.

View attachment 278711

On the roof watching people die for Pisslam

View attachment 278711

I thought you were going to say you were boarding the plane you were going to hijack and crash into Trump tower when your plane was grounded because your buds had done their job.
I am not a Neo-con, therefore, it wasn't my buds who did the job.....

I was at work and one of the supervisors had the TV on. None of us could believe what we were seeing.

Absolute anger once we all knew what we were looking at.

I'll never forget the news cameras showing people jumping out of the tower windows. Once they realized what they were seeing they quite broadcasting it.

One very bad day for America.

View attachment 278711

I am not a Neo-con, therefore, it wasn't my buds who did the job.....
Is neocon what you call muslims now?

I was high on LSD and Extacy. I watched it all live starting about 3 minutes after the first tower was struck. My mind was blown when the second one hit. Needless to say, it left a big impression on me. That was one hell of a trip!

Forum List

Back