Where were the tea party people...

What are you going on about? Yesterday's protest was about gay marriage? Fat, dumb, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

Did you even bother to read you dumb fuck? The majority of the speakers yesterday and the groups funding the Rally are all against Gay Marriage. Thats what I was saying. ...
Here's your post, quoted.
Or did they all agree with what George Bush was doing?
They were busy battling gays.

Still are, I find it highly ironic that so many of the sponsors for yesterday's 9/12 Rally were "rah rah rah" about Freedom but at the same time opposed Gay Marriage and helped fund Prop 8 as well.

Doublethink in action folks.[/QUOTE][emphasis added] You said "they were all battling gays. Funny how you edited out your own quote, which I included in my comment.

.... (Nice butchering of that Animal House quote by the way.)
Thank you. I thought so, too.

...when Bush was President?

Did they exist? Were they protesting, but we just didn't notice?

No we were the ones protesting the patriot act and bush's ridiculous spending habits. But we weren't really out protesting the Iraq war that much so we didn't get ANY media coverage at all.

We should have picked up the anti-war mantra and we would have been considered "Cool" by the MSM.

I was protesting bush's deficit spending and the patriot act from the beginning.

What you see now, with the HUGE increase in our numbers, is the fact that Obama is TRIPLING Bush's defecit spending. That fact, combined with the continually increasing unemployment numbers, have led to the increase in those protesting. With all these American citizens out of work, getting govt unemployment checks (which they payed for in payroll taxes while working), they have the time to come out and protest our our of controll congress and white house.

A lot of confusion about us comes from 3 places:

1) The shortsighted conservative politicians, who dont realize we hate their defecit spending and cow towing too, have tried to co-opt our movement....good luck to them if they do as we will burn them at the polls for it on voting day.

2) Fox news tried to steal our thunder for ratings too, which further hurt our image.

3) People have lied about us on national TV and not been challenged by honest reporters. Who are the onse that lied about us? Nancy Pelosi, Jeneane Garafolo on MSNBC with the ancor going "yup, uh huh, your right", Harry Reid, and Barack Obama's cabinet/czars as recently as this weekend with Axlerod's comments.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Vel
I dunno...I pay a lot of taxes.

Maybe the real reason the teabaggers don't want affordable insurance is because that would mean gays can get insurance.

:eusa_eh:

gays can't get insurance? who knew?

I was protesting bush's deficit spending and the patriot act from the beginning.

And I commend your for it.

However, most on the Right were silent.

There's a great clip at one of the conservative get-togethers at the beginning of 2008 with Bush as the main speaker and the crowd chanting "four more years!"

Thanks...and i know a lot of anti-obama people flock to these events which i understand (what i meant to say is thats why i understand people asking "what about 3 years ago with bush's debt piling up) but I just wish some of them weren't such asshats about their signs and statements.

That's because most on the right agreed that the Patriot Act was necessary to provide security. We also were intelligent enough to read the verbage, which included that it come up for a VOTE every few years, so it could be ELIMINATED when no longer necessary.

We've had something like it every war.

And the fact that anyone can bitch about Bush's spending, today, is above and beyond ridiculous.

That's because most on the right agreed that the Patriot Act was necessary to provide security. We also were intelligent enough to read the verbage, which included that it come up for a VOTE every few years, so it could be ELIMINATED when no longer necessary.

And the fact that anyone can bitch about Bush's spending, today, is above and beyond ridiculous.

Really i'm ridiculous? :(

Bush's addition to the debt: Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

January 2001 debt number 5,727,776,738,304.64
January 2009 debt number 10,628,881,485,510.23

Thats just shy of 5 TRILLION dollars!!!!. How they hell can i not bitch about that, you know how much wealth our nation is losing in interest payments alone on bush's portion?

Sure obama is on track to add 15 trillion more by conservative estimates but still, just because Obama's admin is even worse doesn't mean bush gets let off the hook.

They were there, voicing their opposition to Bush, they just didn't get national headlines. ;)

Because if there was one thing the national media didn't want to report was people voicing their opposition to Bush /sarcasm

no because we weren't protesting against the Iraq war which didn't fit into the MSM's agenda of destroy Bush through Iraq.

If we were smart we would have had anti war protests and snuck in our hate for the defecit spending and patriot act and our desire to kick out all the corrupt repubs and dems and vote in new blood.

But we just protested the stuff we didn't like, which unfortunately at the time didn't include protesting our country's war effort. (and yes i know the wars have cost $920,000,000,000 as of today which hasn't helped the debt)

Really i'm ridiculous? :(

Bush's addition to the debt: Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

January 2001 debt number 5,727,776,738,304.64
January 2009 debt number 10,628,881,485,510.23

Thats just shy of 5 TRILLION dollars!!!!. How they hell can i not bitch about that, you know how much wealth our nation is losing in interest payments alone on bush's portion?

Sure obama is on track to add 15 trillion more by conservative estimates but still, just because Obama's admin is even worse doesn't mean bush gets let off the hook.

The reason ppl weren't protesting is because the majority didn't feel the need and didn't feel their way of life was threatened.

Now they do. THAT'S the difference. It has very little to do with the deficit. It has to do with the scope of the changes and the power grab that are rolling now with Obama.

The ONLY complaint I heard from Republicans for the first 6 years of president Bush's reign on spending was that "Kerry would have been worse"....

the last 2 years of the bush presidency the republicans began speaking out BECAUSE THEY LOST THEIR BUTTS in the 2006 elections....

Please STOP trying to rewrite history now...you voted for him and then after all of his and congress's spending like drunken sailors, you voted for him AGAIN....so stop with this crapola...

And the same thing is going to happen here...only democrats will lose some seats this election and next one they will lose some more, and obama WILL BE REELECTED by a slim margin, then dems will lose more seats in 2014 putting the repubs back in full control and in 2016 it will be their turn to screw us, and then the same process again and again with neither side speaking out the way they should, when their own party is in power...

I feel like this is dejavue...only the party names change.

And the same thing is going to happen here...only democrats will lose some seats this election and next one they will lose some more, and obama WILL BE REELECTED by a slim margin, then dems will lose more seats in 2014 putting the repubs back in full control and in 2016 it will be their turn to screw us, and then the same process again and again with neither side speaking out the way they should, when their own party is in power...

thats why we need to www.kickthemallout.com

thats why we need to The Kick Them All Out Project - Imposing our undeniable will on the government through the power of our votes!

I don't think it will help until we take individual citizen rights, away from the corporate lobbyists. Those that are new to the system that can be corrupted, will be bought and paid for, soon enough....

I honestly believe that we really need to do as other democracies, and limit the primary periods and election time to a few months each and have them run their campaigns on public funds only....from the dollar we donate on our irs filings.

Care

thats why we need to The Kick Them All Out Project - Imposing our undeniable will on the government through the power of our votes!

I don't think it will help until we take individual citizen rights, away from the corporate lobbyists. Those that are new to the system that can be corrupted, will be bought and paid for, soon enough....

I honestly believe that we really need to do as other democracies, and limit the primary periods and election time to a few months each and have them run their campaigns on public funds only....from the dollar we donate on our irs filings.

Care

Yes, and maybe require each network/media outlet to provide equal access for a fixed amount of air time. We need to rethink the idea that our current campaign finance system is tantamount to "free speech". When the speech of the average citizen gets drowned out and essentially marginalized it just doesn't add up to being equal or free.

Where were they during clinton, or did they agree with what bubba the sexual predator was doing?

Since some can't seem to move their tiny brains forward to the current day obama administration, lets just keep going back and dig it all up.... :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back