Where the REAL power lies!

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
OK, who's up for writing letters to and boycotting the sponsors of the racist media? Am I the only one? Generally I tune commercials out, but bottom line is those stations couldn't stay in business without them.

My wife and I gave up Cable TV a year and a half ago.

Writing letters is ineffective when you have big money sponsors or your Network is owned by large corporations that have received Gov't Bailouts. MSNBC has almost no audience yet remains on the air because its owned by Big Money G.E. I'm guessing MSNBC is a "loss leader" of sorts for G.E. (AND Microsoft) but that's another issue entirely.

Magazines are another example. Subscriptions and single issue sales are never enough to keep a magazine going, what they need are big advertisers buying advertising space consistently. But if the magazine has no circulation, there won't be any advertisers.

So you see the solution isn't in writing letters, it's in making choices and "voting" with your wallets, your feet and in this case your eyes.

My wife and I gave up Cable TV a year and a half ago.

Writing letters is ineffective when you have big money sponsors or your Network is owned by large corporations that have received Gov't Bailouts. MSNBC has almost no audience yet remains on the air because its owned by Big Money G.E. I'm guessing MSNBC is a "loss leader" of sorts for G.E. (AND Microsoft) but that's another issue entirely.

Magazines are another example. Subscriptions and single issue sales are never enough to keep a magazine going, what they need are big advertisers buying advertising space consistently. But if the magazine has no circulation, there won't be any advertisers.

So you see the solution isn't in writing letters, it's in making choices and "voting" with your wallets, your feet and in this case your eyes.

Well I plan to do both. The media has no business fueling a out and out race war and that is what they are doing. Moreover, if a child of mine gets killed in one of the big riots, well, I have a terminal illness and will be dead before my own trial is over. I have nothing to lose.

Forum List

Back