Where The Heck Did All These Leftists Come From??

The increase in Leftists started to happen at about the same time courts started shutting down mental institutions and allowing the inmates back into the public domain to wander the streets.

Coincidence?? :cool:

Sunni, you naughty boy....pretending that all of our Leftist friends are crazy. Well. perhaps some.

I'm going with David Mamet, that they shoulder a heavy burden,....

1. While our Liberal colleagues are not susceptible to debate, logic of any kind, data, or even their own experience, one should not be led to believe that they actually believe the ideas they propound, or the officeholders that they support.

2. The Left must bear a Sisyphean burden having to suspend reason and accountability, in order to rationalize the positions that they claim to espouse:

a. They support higher taxes and government intervention to grow the economy, when all evidence historical and current (Greece) records the disastrous folly of such a course.

b. The President’s view that a woman’s right to have recreational sex and enjoy cost-free access to pregnancy prevention/termination trumps the constitutional right to act according to one’s religious beliefs.

c. Eisenhower famously said ‘public opinion wins wars,’ yet the Left won’t allow the terms ‘Islamofascism’ or ‘Radical Islam.’

d. Belief in Global Warming, in the face of the East Anglia emails…

e. The government sues the state of Arizona for the enforcement of laws the passage of which are not only the right of the state under the Constitution, but the content of which is virtually identical with federal law.

f. The state of California sentences the farmers of the Central Valley to drought and their farms to destruction because a small fish called the delta smelt has been declared endangered.

g. A baby born alive as a result of a botched abortion should be left to die.

h. That some 400 Liberal journalists have been revealed as involved in a cabal to distort that which they offer as news, in aid of Liberalism, makes no difference to the Liberal. Meet the New Journolist, Smaller Than the Old Journolist - Jeffrey Goldberg - The Atlantic

i. That the government gives billions in taxpayer funds to supposed businesses that turn around and kick part back to the party that gave it to them.

j. He explains the abysmal performance of Obama by saying “look at the mess he inherited,” as if the President did not campaign on the platform of cleaning up the “mess.”
From chapter 21 of Mamet's "The Secret Knowledge."

3. Yet our Liberal accepts doctrines, policies, programs, that make no sense, or are actually destructive, for the offer of acceptance of the herd…or the opposite, expulsion if one doesn’t support same.

a. It is not that our Liberals do not care about rectitude, but he cannot afford to notice the insanity. The size and power of the group allows the individual to submerge his doubts…but at the cost of obedience and the surrender his individuality.

Again:
"...acceptance of the herd…or the opposite, expulsion if one doesn’t support same."

See, there is that loneliness, evident in this thread.

And another brilliant writer, Ann Coulter, makes the same point in her best-seller, "Demonic."

1. Leftism is so pervasive, that if applied to any other way of looking at life, it would be widely recognized as a form of brainwashing!

Image a person who attended only fundamental Christian schools from preschool through graduate school, who never saw a secular, let alone anti-Christian, film, and who only read religious books. Most would say that they had been ‘brainwashed.” Yet, we regularly find individuals who only attended secular liberal schools from preschool through college, watched or listened to only Left-of-center television, movies, music, and had essentially no exposure to religious or conservative ideas.
Brainwashed?

Of course not! Liberals are open-minded!!! The irony here is that the denial itself shows how very effective the brainwashing has been.

Now, Christians or Jews who have rarely been exposed to secular ideas and values would readily acknowledge same. It is only those on the Left who fool themselves into believing that they have been exposed to all points of view.
Prager, “Still The Best Hope,” chapter two.

2. Universities have become to Liberalism what a Christian seminary is to Christianity. The difference is that Christian seminaries acknowledge their purpose, to produce committed Christians.

a. “The purpose of a university should be to make a son as unlike his father as possible.” The University's Part in Political Life” (13 March 1909) in PWW (The Papers of Woodrow Wilson) 19:99.

3. Now, while the indoctrination by universities is thorough and complete…it is not permanent. This is the meaning of 'If you are not a liberal at 20, you have no heart. If you are not Conservative by 40, you have no brain'.

Therefore, what is required to maintain the miasma, the haze of Liberalism, is the media.

The media is the wall against which most folks bounce their search for “Truth.” In the Golden Days of Liberal control of the media, there was the Cronkite-Chancellor-Reasoner Cartel. In this top-down system for determining the Truth, it was handed out by a very few networks…and a handful of national newspapers. Cronkite went so far as to end any debate, each night with” “And that’s the way it is.”

a. Cronkite was a big believer in the powers of centralization, that the smartest people could get into a room and solve all the world’s problems.

b. Cronkite: “It seems to many of us that if we are to avoid the eventual catastrophic world conflict we must strengthen the United Nations as a first step toward a world government patterned after our own government with a legislature, executive and judiciary, and police to enforce its international laws and keep the peace. To do that, of course, we Americans will have to yield up some of our sovereignty. That would be a bitter pill. It would take a lot of courage, a lot of faith in the new order.”
Remarks on Accepting the 1999 Norman Cousins Global Governance Award - World Beyond Borders

c. Frank Zappa saw this top-down journalistic ‘Truth’ for what it was: “They walk in the door seeking a method by which they can reinforce conclusions they've already arrived at. “Zappa Family regains control of Frank's Catalog!! - Furthur Community Forum

4. Why so many in the profession lean Left? “The radicals [of the 60's] were not likely to go into business or the conventional practice of the professions. They were part of the chattering class, talkers interested in policy, politics, culture. They went into politics, print and electronic journalism, church bureaucracies, foundation staffs, Hollywood careers, public interest organizations, anywhere attitudes and opinions could be influenced. And they are exerting influence.”
Robert H. Bork, “Slouching Toward Gomorrah,” p. 51

But the spell is wearing off....fewer watch the nightly news, and fewer yet the newspapers.

5. In 1987 a group of conservative news junkies started the ‘Media Research Center.’ The same year, the Reagan administration repealed the Fairness Doctrine. A year later, Rush Limbaugh began his wildly successful radio show. And in 1996, Matt Drudge appeared.

The internet: the final battleground.

So true. I was brainwashed into leftism until I was 31 years old. By education, media, and not searching and looking for answers myself. Then I sought for myself, I asked..and I found. After that everything changed. I now know who our Lord Jesus Christ is, King of kings, the truth, Praise His Name. Leftism for me - no more.

Last edited:
Where did all these lefties come from? oWS rallies, unemployment lines, welfare troughs, low paying jobs, English and social science programs, the underside of piers and overpasses, prisons, rehab centers, and all other locations where life's losers congregate and thrive in their misery.

^ Still, nothing. :thup:

Of course you have to say that.

But, I am curious.....you have such an ornate, Baroque avi....

...it stands in juxtaposition to your empty, jejune posts.

Is that like bald guys growing big, thick sideburns?

I'm wrong in asking for evidence to your claims?

Not at all....that is exactly what one should do....

...but it seems a fabrication, an artifact, designed to arrest the debate, when the the point that you demand be qualified is self-evident.

"Yet, we regularly find individuals who only attended secular liberal schools from preschool through college, watched or listened to only Left-of-center television, movies, music, and had essentially no exposure to religious or conservative ideas."

Are you prepared to argue that in this secular society that is not the case?

Last edited:
Of course you have to say that.

But, I am curious.....you have such an ornate, Baroque avi....

...it stands in juxtaposition to your empty, jejune posts.

Is that like bald guys growing big, thick sideburns?

...but it seems a fabrication, an artifact, designed to arrest the debate, when the the point that you demand be qualified is self-evident.

"Yet, we regularly find individuals who only attended secular liberal schools from preschool through college, watched or listened to only Left-of-center television, movies, music, and had essentially no exposure to religious or conservative ideas."

It's not self-evident at all.

All I have to do is say it's not true and I've already met you halfway. :thup:

she is a brainwashed fool who fears losing the love of the people who keep filling her head with this excrement

With such a statement you've merely identified yourself as a dunce.

You'd think you would want to just prove that your op has legitimacy, but I know you can't. :thup:

You'd think you would want to just prove that your op has legitimacy, but I know you can't. :thup:

For a dunce, of course, enlightenment is not possible.

The quote in question:

1. I call you a dunce as a favor to you...as the alternative explanation for your denial of the above quote would have to impugn your character and honesty.

After all, the only way an honest person could deny the Liberal bias of government schools, universities, most TV fare, i.e., Daily Show, West Wing, Hollywood, etc., national publications and newspapers, would be if one were....

...a dunce.

If you find that too objectionable...or are tired of hearing it applied to you.....I'd happily change it to dolt, or birdbrain, or dim-wit....or simply ignoramus.

It's your call.

The quote in question:

1. I call you a dunce as a favor to you...as the alternative explanation for your denial of the above quote would have to impugn your character and honesty.

After all, the only way an honest person could deny the Liberal bias of government schools, universities, most TV fare, i.e., Daily Show, West Wing, Hollywood, etc., national publications and newspapers, would be if one were....

...a dunce.

If you find that too objectionable...or are tired of hearing it applied to you.....I'd happily change it to dolt, or birdbrain, or dim-wit....or simply ignoramus.

It's your call.

:laugh:

Why are there still Conservatives then? You must have copy/pasted something on this board about how the majority of Americans are really Conservative...but if what you're saying isn't completely overblown, the Conservative ranks should gradually be decreasing, no?

*cue emotionally-charged response about Conservative principle and integrity*

liberals-yeah-liberals-are-like-that-political-poster-1280929332.jpg

The quote in question:

...a dunce.

It's your call.

:laugh:

Why are there still Conservatives then? You must have copy/pasted something on this board about how the majority of Americans are really Conservative...but if what you're saying isn't completely overblown, the Conservative ranks should gradually be decreasing, no?

*cue emotionally-charged response about Conservative principle and integrity*

From the OP:
'If you are not a liberal at 20, you have no heart. If you are not Conservative by 40, you have no brain'.

While it doesn't apply to you, many grow in wisdom as they grow in years....

Clearly, I've overestimated you in calling you a dunce, dolt, or birdbrain, or dim-wit....or simply ignoramus.

I was really hoping for a better defense of Liberals than you are able to provide....but I would like to assure our Liberal colleagues that I don't hold them responsible for this insipid dolt.

PC is just jealous because she couldn't cut it as a liberal

Conservative party is full of Liberal rejects

Forum List

Back